BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

European Auto Source (EAS)

09-26-2019, 09:43 AM   #45
kaigoss69
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i

Should be plug and play as far as I know.
      10-21-2019, 04:20 PM   #46
chocstraw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jv92red View Post

With our HiFi system, we would be better off adding in a front center channel than adding rear fill but we won't get into that as it would require additional channels of amplification and proper DSP to integrate properly.

Just a quick note about me as you mentioned in your first post that you're not an audiophile; I wouldn't consider myself an audiophile either. Just a regular enthusiast who has listened to some really good car audio systems and thus I see this more as a curse so to speak because: 1) most factory audio systems now don't sound that good to me and 2) I've seen and heard first hand what car audio can become so now there is a insatiable craving for 'better' and I don't have the money to support this.
I really, really agree with this. I owned a 335i with the Logic 7 setup and what I miss most about that setup is the center channel. Now I'm on regular HiFi and I find the sound imaging to be very poor, and I don't see how any amp or speaker upgrade would fix this, it needs that center channel bouncing off the windshield.

I wouldn't consider myself an audiophile and I find a lot of audiophile's claims ridiculous or placebo, but I do own maybe 3-4 pairs of $300+ headphones that I've added to the collection over the years. I found the Logic 7 / HK setup excellent in stock form, favoring the character of the sound to a lot of newer higher-end cars' EQing with no midrange.

I liked it so much that I'm trying to source all of the Logic 7 / HK parts from a dismantler nearby. I'm just waiting for one to come in. I'm most concerned about running the wiring to that center dash channel. Hopefully I can just remove the iDrive screen, the climate control, and infotainment controls and route it up that way.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2019, 07:50 AM   #47
kaigoss69
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocstraw View Post
I really, really agree with this. I owned a 335i with the Logic 7 setup and what I miss most about that setup is the center channel. Now I'm on regular HiFi and I find the sound imaging to be very poor, and I don't see how any amp or speaker upgrade would fix this, it needs that center channel bouncing off the windshield.

I wouldn't consider myself an audiophile and I find a lot of audiophile's claims ridiculous or placebo, but I do own maybe 3-4 pairs of $300+ headphones that I've added to the collection over the years. I found the Logic 7 / HK setup excellent in stock form, favoring the character of the sound to a lot of newer higher-end cars' EQing with no midrange.

I liked it so much that I'm trying to source all of the Logic 7 / HK parts from a dismantler nearby. I'm just waiting for one to come in. I'm most concerned about running the wiring to that center dash channel. Hopefully I can just remove the iDrive screen, the climate control, and infotainment controls and route it up that way.
Get an extra tweeter and add it to the center channel. You'll thank me later!
      10-23-2019, 01:37 PM   #48
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaigoss69 View Post
Get an extra tweeter and add it to the center channel. You'll thank me later!
We would need to upgrade the amp to accept the center channel correct?
Track Chat Discord: https://discord.gg/VsKbTyqBVj
SF Bay Area: DM For coding services
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2019, 03:40 PM   #49
wyatth
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 ZCP

^ Yes, my understanding is that you need a new amp and wiring for the center channel. While my amp (decided on the PP62DSP) will support a center channel, I did not want to deal with that wiring. But, at least if I need to add it later, I can.

I know rear fill is a waste, but I just want to replace all of the speakers at once so they're running the same ohms and of the quality. Plus, they're cheap and easy. For the rear shelf, should I just go with EPS mid/components, or the EPS coax? I am thinking coax to get the tweeter benefits, much as BSW adds rear tweeters in their kit. Just not sure if they'll drop right in, but I imagine they should.

Thanks again, all.
Appreciate 1
      01-21-2021, 12:31 PM   #50
Jerezblack.m3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3

i have a hifi system and i need help. so i just bought a jbl xd600/6 with technic harness and i want to upgrade my speakers. i already replaced my front tweeters to individual (but no cross over) i found a pair of individual speakers for my front doors but do i also need to buy the cross over like this one? or i can skip it or buy an aftermarket crossover. thanks!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/11437677897...iABEgLmlPD_BwE
Appreciate 0