F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > Paint Damage
ARMA SPEED

09-18-2018, 09:29 AM   #1
Aaron187
Private
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Paint Damage

Hello everyone,

So I made the mistake of parking under a tree and returned to see a bird has shit literally everywhere. So I've gone ahead and given the car a wash but looks like the damage has been done.

I have a huge patch next to my door and another on my bonnet.. Any advice in what I can do to restore this?

Cheers guys and lesson well and truly learnt.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 09:50 AM   #2
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

First rub out the stain with compound, then polish the area with polish, then protect the finish with a good sealant over the entire car. I use this:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Menzerna-Po...erna+powerlock

The rubbing and polishing can be done by hand on an area that small. You can do the sealant by hand as well, but a polisher like this makes it a lot easier:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hi-Spec-Act...GCQT4ZZ6S9W3SZ

Having the polisher you'll be able to do full car polishing when required. I do mine every spring.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2018, 09:13 AM   #3
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW F36

You might be able to make it less visible by polishing and waxing. Depends on the extent of the damage. Have some bird crap damage on my Audi - the paint / clear-coat looks cracked. Was never able to fully mask it, but it improved after some polishing.

P.s. Polishing every spring is not a good idea. Polishing = removing layer(s) of clear-coat. Should not be done unless required! I've only done it once on the entire car and then on particular areas or details as required. Hand-wash and you will not need to do it (again).