F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F34 3-Series GT (Gran Turismo) Forum > F34 Eibach pro kit upgrade?
proTUNING Freaks

01-15-2020, 09:21 AM   #1
Gran_Turismo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328i GT M Sport

F34 Eibach pro kit upgrade?

Anyone upgrade their springs to eibach pro kit? Any reviews/thoughts/pics?

At $206 shipped it doesn't seem terrible.

https://www.tunershop.co.uk/eibach-p...coupe-f36.html
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 09:51 AM   #2
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

I think you should reconsider lowering considering the condition of the roads in NYC.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 12:54 PM   #3
Gran_Turismo
Second Lieutenant
Rep

It seems like a pretty conservative drop. I personally don't like super dropped cars myself but a buddy showed me these springs and it seems reasonable. He's getting then for his f80
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 02:32 PM   #4
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

My last detour that took me off the FDR and onto Second Ave from Harlem to Chelsea I wouldn't have minded another inch of height.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 06:21 PM   #5
KRS_SN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: IX,G07

Garage List
2020 X7  [10.00]
X5  [8.50]
IX  [8.00]
once you lower your oem dampers will be shot in a few months. dont be like me and oay twice fir installation labour. if you get lowering springs you MUST get bilstein b8 shocks to go with it. you cannot imagine the end result the car just sticks to the road and ride quality isn't too bad.
Appreciate 1
johnung4528.00
      01-16-2020, 08:52 AM   #6
ipilcher
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Compensation

I've had ACS springs on my F34 with OEM adaptive dampers (with Dinan Shockware) for several years with no issues.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 11:59 AM   #7
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gran_Turismo View Post
Anyone upgrade their springs to eibach pro kit? Any reviews/thoughts/pics?

At $206 shipped it doesn't seem terrible.

https://www.tunershop.co.uk/eibach-p...coupe-f36.html
In you are in NYC, why are you searching for EibachSprings in UK? Eibachs are readily available in the US.

Assuming that you have a RWD with standard suspension, NOT xDrive or Adaptive suspension.

That much drop, you will destroy your stock shocks very quickly because their piston travel isn't designed for it. Labor overlaps so much cheaper to install springs and shocks at the same time. Bilstein B8 shocks are a nice choice and are designed for dropped springs. Another to consider is the Koni Yellow Sport. Bilstein have only one factory default setting, but Koni are adjustable on the car for damping level so you can customize the ride to your liking.

Hope this helps!
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 12:32 PM   #8
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
Assuming that you have a RWD with standard suspension, NOT xDrive or Adaptive suspension.
All US GTs are xDrive.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 12:38 PM   #9
Gran_Turismo
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
In you are in NYC, why are you searching for EibachSprings in UK? Eibachs are readily available in the US.

That much drop, you will destroy your stock shocks very quickly because their piston travel isn't designed for it. Labor overlaps so much cheaper to install springs and shocks at the same time. Bilstein B8 shocks are a nice choice and are designed for dropped springs. Another to consider is the Koni Yellow Sport. Bilstein have only one factory default setting, but Koni are adjustable on the car for damping level so you can customize the ride to your liking.

Hope this helps!
Are they cheaper than $206 buying from US retailers? I know nothing about suspension so thanks for all the info and tips about changing shocks too lol.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 01:28 PM   #10
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
Quote:
All US GTs are xDrive.
Thanks, Bill. Missed that!
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 01:30 PM   #11
KRS_SN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: IX,G07

Garage List
2020 X7  [10.00]
X5  [8.50]
IX  [8.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Hope this helps!
Are they cheaper than $206 buying from US retailers? I know nothing about suspension so thanks for all the info and tips about changing shocks too lol.
me too! my suspension mod journey started when i sold my e91 320d and bought the GT 335 power was awesome but i just could not live with the bouncy handling.
its been a journey but acs springs b8 shocks(acs dampers prob are just as good or better but were out with my budget and my car was out of warranty) and michelin pilot sport 4 (not 4s but 4 specifically for UK wet cold weather).
Car now has functionality and comfort of GT and handles like its on rails and mash accelarator at roundaboutand and no wheelspin!). I have no conflict of interest. Best of luck.
Appreciate 1
      01-16-2020, 02:02 PM   #12
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Hope this helps!
Since you are xDrive and in NYC with horrible roads I would definitely not install that Eibach part number. The drop is too great.

See the Eibach springs part number in the attached photo with the -06 in it. This is a more moderate drop of 0.8" front and 0.6" rear. With the NYC roads I'd install Koni Special Active Shocks with the springs for the best combination of sporty handling and road comfort.

I've driven my car with these mild drop Eibachs and Koni Special Active Shocks around NYC and they handle the rough roads very well.

Avoid 19" wheels and their low sidewall tires since many guys in your NYC area complain about hitting potholes and damaging tires. One thing that you can do, assuming that you have a square 18" wheel setup with maybe the 400M BMW wheels is to change your tire model and size.

Runflats ride very rough on bad roads and are more likely to be damaged by developing big bubbles on the sidewall when they hit a pothole. Changing to non-runflats will drive so much smoother even when you hit a pothole. They soak up potholes smoothly compared to runflats and their jaw jarring. The tire size can be upgraded from a typical standard 225/45-18 to a 245/45-18. The extra width makes handling so much better and the accompanying sidewall makes the ride even more comfortable. There is also the added feature of taking up more fender gap so the car will appear to have been dropped without being dropped. Even better to handle snow in winter.

Michelin Pilot Sport 4S are fantastic summer tires (only above 40 degrees Fahrenheit) A great year round All Season tire like the Michelin PS AS 3+ in a 245/45-18 would be great in the city.

Hope this helps!
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
KRS_SN13510.50
BNTLY54.00
exE36M3487.50
      01-17-2020, 10:24 AM   #13
Gran_Turismo
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Good info bro! Thanks John
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 11:14 AM   #14
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Good info bro! Thanks John
Always double check the Eibach part number for springs for your car on the Eibach website. Don't rely on retailers to list every Eibach part number on their website, even though they can easily get them all.

For the F30 models, Eibach has several very similar part numbers with the same listed front/rear drop. It seems related to the original weight of the car such as 6 cylinder being heavier in from than 4-cylinder model. Unlike one size fits all like many spring manufacturers, Eibach manufactures many more variations to fine tune suspensions.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 01:42 PM   #15
meltbox
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 328xi GT (F34/N20)

I've been eyeing special actives for a while. Worth the upgrade?

I'm also due for tires... soonish. I'll be happy to be on non-runflats when the time comes. Over 50k mi on these runflats but they refuse to wear down lol
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2020, 09:13 PM   #16
BNTLY
Master Chief
United_States
Rep
Drives: F34

Quote:
Since you are xDrive and in NYC with horrible roads I would definitely not install that Eibach part number. The drop is too great.

See the Eibach springs part number in the attached photo with the -06 in it. This is a more moderate drop of 0.8" front and 0.6" rear. With the NYC roads I'd install Koni Special Active Shocks with the springs for the best combination of sporty handling and road comfort.

I've driven my car with these mild drop Eibachs and Koni Special Active Shocks around NYC and they handle the rough roads very well.

Avoid 19" wheels and their low sidewall tires since many guys in your NYC area complain about hitting potholes and damaging tires. One thing that you can do, assuming that you have a square 18" wheel setup with maybe the 400M BMW wheels is to change your tire model and size.

Runflats ride very rough on bad roads and are more likely to be damaged by developing big bubbles on the sidewall when they hit a pothole. Changing to non-runflats will drive so much smoother even when you hit a pothole. They soak up potholes smoothly compared to runflats and their jaw jarring. The tire size can be upgraded from a typical standard 225/45-18 to a 245/45-18. The extra width makes handling so much better and the accompanying sidewall makes the ride even more comfortable. There is also the added feature of taking up more fender gap so the car will appear to have been dropped without being dropped. Even better to handle snow in winter.

Michelin Pilot Sport 4S are fantastic summer tires (only above 40 degrees Fahrenheit) A great year round All Season tire like the Michelin PS AS 3+ in a 245/45-18 would be great in the city.

Hope this helps!

Can I get the part# for those Koni’s plz?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2020, 09:44 PM   #17
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNTLY View Post
Quote:

Hope this helps!

Can I get the part# for those Koni’s plz?
Part numbers vary by what car.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2020, 09:14 PM   #18
Call me the breeze
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 430i Msport

I've spoken to the reps at ACS as well as Bilstein. Both agreed that spring height and dampers need to match. Based on my research, the ACS/B8 combo is an excellent choice. However, the cost was prohibitive for me so I settled for the B6 with stock springs. It now drives like a BMW is supposed to drive. Supple on smooth roads and taunt in corners. Freeway cloverleafs are 5-10 mph faster. This is a DD setup. If you are looking to track the car, Eibach/ACS on B8s or coilovers are the way to go.
Appreciate 1