F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Anyone with feedback on Status Gruppe coilovers?
proTUNING Freaks

02-05-2016, 03:04 PM   #1
TSiSPY007
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 13 335i xDrive;16 X1;96 4G63T

Anyone with feedback on Status Gruppe coilovers?

Hey guys,

Hope you can shed some light on this for me (and others, I'm sure!).

I have a 2013 335i xDrive... I like the amount of drop offered by the H&R Sport Springs, so I bought some H&R Sports over the winter, hoping to put them in this spring along with some Bilstein B8 shocks. However, been reading reports of the H&R Sports being "too short" for the B8 shocks (and other shocks), resulting in the car's weight being supported by the shocks, leading to damaged top-hats (eg. http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1082735 ).

Originally, was going with springs and shocks because I won't be tracking the car, and do not need the adjustability (this car's my DD). But because of the "top hat issue", I've been looking at coils around the same price as a shock/spring combo (because I don't think the Dinan's or Eibach's drop the car quite enough for my taste).

The BC Racing BR's are tempting, at $1000USD a set, but read mixed reviews.

A local shop pointed out the Status Gruppe coils and although they are not listed for F30's, Mike from Status said that he actually sells coils as well as springs for F30's, so it would be no problem, and they have them for $1400USD a set. Apparently, Mike's background is that he worked for B&G "for years" and sources the parts from Holland, and Status Gruppe focuses solely on BMW's. The coilover set for the F30 xDrive would be "same" as these, but with appropriate springs and shocks and mounts for my F30 xDrive: http://www.statusgruppe.com/collecti...s-coilover-kit .

I cannot find any reviews of their coils (or any suspension bits, for that matter) on an F30, and not too many reviews on the various M3's.

Can anyone share any feedback on the Status Gruppe coilovers? I'd love to support the "little guys" if they offer a quality product at a competitive price... would I have to be the "guinea pig"?

Thanks!

Fred
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2016, 12:46 AM   #2
wicked_ink
part-time optimist
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 Alpine White F30 335i

Garage List
I'm interested to hear any feedback as well.

TSiSPY007 would they be available for RWD F30's also?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2016, 12:18 AM   #3
TSiSPY007
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

I don't know if they make a set for the F30 at all (be it RWD or xDrive). TBH, I'm a little worried since there's been 248 views of this thread but no replies... a local shop, which seems quite trustworthy (http://www.fastpassionauto.com/), recommended I look into the Status Gruppe suspensions (rather than the "cheap"/"poor" BC Racing ones). I was told that Status Gruppe (SG) can customize the suspension for the F30, but I don't see it listed on their site (http://www.statusgruppe.com/). I've e-mailed Mike Migs to verify. Will keep you posted! Just weary of being a "guinea pig" for their F30 coilovers, if they make one at all...

Fred
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2016, 05:53 AM   #4
wicked_ink
part-time optimist
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Thanks Fred. Keep me posted.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2016, 01:56 AM   #5
MrF30
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Made by B&G Suspension. Not bad but not good. Just your typical low end coilover in that's comparable to BC Racing, ST, lower end H&R, and KW V1 or V2.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2016, 12:08 AM   #6
TSiSPY007
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Thanks, MrF30! That's a big range of coils you lumped into "your typical low end coilover"... reasoning?

What's quite disappointing is that I've sent Status Gruppe 2 e-mails (to info@statusgruppe.com) and 1 message via their online form (ie. http://www.statusgruppe.com/pages/contact) and have received 0 replies from Mike or his crew... "disappointing" because the posts I read from a few years back off of E36 and E46 forums was that he was very hands-on and super quick in replies... maybe he's just not interested in penetrating the Canadian market? Or he's I'm just too small a fish.

Nonetheless, the local shop I'm dealing with in Richmond, BC are great guys and are urging me to try Status out (they have their higher-end coils in a couple of their project cars), so I'm gonna pull the trigger in the next few days. Wish me luck! lol

Fred
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2016, 03:28 AM   #7
wicked_ink
part-time optimist
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSiSPY007
Thanks, MrF30! That's a big range of coils you lumped into "your typical low end coilover"... reasoning?

What's quite disappointing is that I've sent Status Gruppe 2 e-mails (to info@statusgruppe.com) and 1 message via their online form (ie. http://www.statusgruppe.com/pages/contact) and have received 0 replies from Mike or his crew... "disappointing" because the posts I read from a few years back off of E36 and E46 forums was that he was very hands-on and super quick in replies... maybe he's just not interested in penetrating the Canadian market? Or he's I'm just too small a fish.

Nonetheless, the local shop I'm dealing with in Richmond, BC are great guys and are urging me to try Status out (they have their higher-end coils in a couple of their project cars), so I'm gonna pull the trigger in the next few days. Wish me luck! lol

Fred
Have you gotten them installed Fred?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2016, 06:39 AM   #8
TSiSPY007
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Hey! Not yet, but have their SRS coils on order...should arrive in another 7-10 days. Then just a matter of waiting for another weekday off to bring in to the shop for install. (Also have some 10mm/15mm (F/R) spacers on order.)

Wish me luck!

I'll send ya a PM to update if you like.

Fred
Appreciate 0