F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > First Post: My f32 440i build and future plans
proTUNING Freaks

06-07-2019, 06:07 PM   #1
Fitment Media
Photographer - Enthusiast
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i MSport Coupe

I recently purchased a BMW 440i Coupe M-Performance and joined the Bimmerpost community. I've always owned German cars but this is my first BMW and Im super stoked so far. I've been a huge fan of bimmers since I was young, so this is literally a dream come true.

Follow my build on IG: mean440_machine

Ive got lots of plans for thing thing, and the list of Mods in mind makes it seem like itll always be a work in progress lol. I'll post some pictures of what it looks like so far and update it as I do more stuff to it.

Before I get into it though, Im new here but already noticed the amount of hate people that build non M cars get, and I really dont understand it. Can somebody explain it to me? I see all these hate comments about what a non M car should and shouldn't have and how "you shouldn't be trying to make your car look like something its not". (Okay, obviously M stickers and badges on non M cars.... I get that one, its just not right). But I see people looking for quad exhausts and immediately get slapped with a "quad tips are exclusive to M cars", says who??

At the price point of a new 440, its not a matter of affordability. At least for me anyway. I test drove the M4 and absolutely loved it, but I couldn't see myself driving it daily. I liked the comfort of the 440 better and I was okay with putting 400 miles a week on it.

Anyway. The rant can keep going but thats not the point of this post.

Mods so far:
Carbon Fiber mirrors
Carbon Fiber spoiler
Carbon Fiber valences from MAD
Dual Slat black kidney grilles
Wrapped the V Brace behind the grille

Mods in progress:
Carbon Fiber lip from MAD
Headlight modifications
Side skirts
Paint brake calipers

Planned Mods:
Wheels is a must
Carbon Fiber vented hood
Wrap
Wing (maybe..?)
Carbon Fiber diffuser
Quad exhaust (yes I said quad)
Widebody kit
Air suspension

*Lots of performance mods planned too but those will come later as I don't wanna void the warranty just yet.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
eff32fl1044.00
intl44015.00
      06-08-2019, 09:36 AM   #2
Beek
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Most folks crazy.

Welcome and congrats! Beautiful ride, keep us updated as you continue the mods.
      06-08-2019, 09:47 AM   #3
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

The mod list is perfect and if you decide to change the exhaust configuration from quad-tip to 8-tip I will be the first one to appreciate it.

Your car, your way. Enjoy it!

By the way, the more you drive 440i the more B58 engine will appeal to you. It's an engineering marvel.
Appreciate 2
      06-11-2019, 08:45 PM   #4
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Good luck

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 1
      06-16-2019, 07:34 PM   #5
Fitment Media
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erics440i View Post

Mods so far:
Carbon Fiber mirrors
Carbon Fiber spoiler

Mods in progress:
Headlight modifications
Side skirts
Paint brake calipers
Update:
Installed the front lip from MAD and made a custom splitter to keep it protected. Front end looks pretty aggressive.

Im thinking diffuser will be next.

Heres a pic of the front end now:
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
cfm56d7b5853.50
      06-16-2019, 10:39 PM   #6
MmmmmM2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Garage List
2016 Mazda CX-5  [0.00]
2021 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Update:
Installed the front lip from MAD and made a custom splitter to keep it protected. Front end looks pretty aggressive.

Sick!!!

But lose the license plate bracket please!
Appreciate 1
      06-16-2019, 11:43 PM   #7
TheShadow
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i M sport

I have a genuine question, you said you are getting bags and a lot of performance mods? Wouldn't it be more useful to utilize those performance mods with coilovers? Someone can maybe explain to me but I thought bags almost always defeat any type of true car performance? I guess in straight line it will be ok? Plus with coilovers you would still be pretty low

Great looking car
Appreciate 1
      06-17-2019, 01:33 AM   #8
Fitment Media
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30ZHP View Post
Quote:
Update:

Sick!!!

But lose the license plate bracket please!
I know!! Its bugging me so much. And it upset me quite a bit when I got it. The dealer went ahead and drilled them in for me. (Id never put holes in my bumper for plates) but they didnt do a nice clean hole but straight screwed 6 unnecessarily large screws... 🤦🏻*♂️🤦🏻*♂️ so when i take the holder off its ridiculously ugly. Looks like 6 large nipples on my bumper. I need to find a solution asap.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 01:41 AM   #9
Fitment Media
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
I have a genuine question, you said you are getting bags and a lot of performance mods? Wouldn't it be more useful to utilize those performance mods with coilovers? Someone can maybe explain to me but I thought bags almost always defeat any type of true car performance? I guess in straight line it will be ok? Plus with coilovers you would still be pretty low

Great looking car
Youre right as far as I know. And after seeing how low I got with the new lip and splitter i might want a more precise fitment so ive been looking at coilovers. The whole point of bags is it just looks super sick and you can adjust the height on the fly. Although Mercedes has used bags on their sports cars before and turned out fine. Maybe theres different tiers of bags that can be used on the track? Not sure.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 11:22 AM   #10
MmmmmM2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Garage List
2016 Mazda CX-5  [0.00]
2021 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
I know!! Its bugging me so much. And it upset me quite a bit when I got it. The dealer went ahead and drilled them in for me. (Id never put holes in my bumper for plates) but they didnt do a nice clean hole but straight screwed 6 unnecessarily large screws... 🤦🏻*♂️🤦🏻*♂️ so when i take the holder off its ridiculously ugly. Looks like 6 large nipples on my bumper. I need to find a solution asap.
I hate dealerships sometimes!!
Appreciate 1
      07-02-2019, 06:37 PM   #11
Fitment Media
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I'll post some pictures of what it looks like so far and update it as I do more stuff to it.
Update. Got it detailed and went for a shoot the other day. Been getting a lot of hate for that front splitter but I took it down a bit so its more subtle and its really starting to grow on me!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
MmmmmM22578.00
      07-06-2019, 08:37 PM   #12
city1991
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 535i x drive F10

Quote:
I recently purchased a BMW 440i Coupe M-Performance and joined the Bimmerpost community. I've always owned German cars but this is my first BMW and Im super stoked so far. I've been a huge fan of bimmers since I was young, so this is literally a dream come true.

Ive got lots of plans for thing thing, and the list of Mods in mind makes it seem like itll always be a work in progress lol. I'll post some pictures of what it looks like so far and update it as I do more stuff to it.

Before I get into it though, Im new here but already noticed the amount of hate people that build non M cars get, and I really dont understand it. Can somebody explain it to me? I see all these hate comments about what a non M car should and shouldn't have and how "you shouldn't be trying to make your car look like something its not". (Okay, obviously M stickers and badges on non M cars.... I get that one, its just not right). But I see people looking for quad exhausts and immediately get slapped with a "quad tips are exclusive to M cars", says who??

At the price point of a new 440, its not a matter of affordability. At least for me anyway. I test drove the M4 and absolutely loved it, but I couldn't see myself driving it daily. I liked the comfort of the 440 better and I was okay with putting 400 miles a week on it.

Mods so far:
Carbon Fiber mirrors
Carbon Fiber spoiler

Mods in progress:
Headlight modifications
Side skirts
Paint brake calipers

Planned Mods:
Wheels is a must
Carbon Fiber vented hood
Wrap
Wing (maybe..?)
Carbon Fiber diffuser
Widebody kit
Air suspension

*Lots of performance mods planned too but those will come later as I don't wanna void the warranty just yet.
You can get a vented hood for a 440? Where?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 08:41 PM   #13
Fitment Media
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by city1991 View Post
Quote:

Mods so far:
Carbon Fiber mirrors
Carbon Fiber spoiler

Mods in progress:
Headlight modifications
Side skirts
Paint brake calipers

Planned Mods:
Wheels is a must
Carbon Fiber vented hood
Wrap
Wing (maybe..?)
Carbon Fiber diffuser
Widebody kit
Air suspension

Theres a few suppliers. I think the best quality ones are gonna be from DINMANN
Appreciate 1
city1991228.00
      07-13-2019, 04:10 PM   #14
city1991
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 535i x drive F10

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by city1991 View Post
Quote:

Mods so far:
Carbon Fiber mirrors
Carbon Fiber spoiler

Mods in progress:
Headlight modifications
Side skirts
Paint brake calipers

Planned Mods:
Wheels is a must
Carbon Fiber vented hood
Wrap
Wing (maybe..?)
Carbon Fiber diffuser
Widebody kit
Air suspension

Theres a few suppliers. I think the best quality ones are gonna be from DINMANN
Cool, thanks I appreciate it
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2019, 02:57 PM   #15
otee10
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 LCI

Quote:

Mods so far:
Carbon Fiber mirrors
Carbon Fiber spoiler

Mods in progress:
Headlight modifications
Side skirts
Paint brake calipers

Planned Mods:
Wheels is a must
Carbon Fiber vented hood
Wrap
Wing (maybe..?)
Carbon Fiber diffuser
Widebody kit
Air suspension

Nice car man but yeah those 18' wheels need to be replaced!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2019, 03:51 PM   #16
Fitment Media
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by otee10 View Post
Nice car man but yeah those 18' wheels need to be replaced!
Thanks! And yes im in the process of getting some sponsorships for wheels and hopefully ill have new wheels on by august!!
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 06:13 AM   #17
Fitment Media
No_Country
Rep

Its been a while. But heres an update so far, with a few other changes coming soon. Follow me @mean440_machine on instagram for more.

Visual:
Airlift 3P suspension
Bavgruppe Designs headlights
Mashimarho CF steering wheel
Carbon fiber interior trim
Rohana RFX5 wheels (new wheels are in the mail though)
Carbon fiber diffuser and quad exit exhaust

Performance:
BM3 Stage 2 Tune
Catless DP
CSF Heat Exchanger
Chargepipe
Upgraded sway bars
Upgraded turner motorsport control arms with monoball bushings
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
e90Nate285.00
djacinto343.00
eff32fl1044.00
      05-13-2021, 07:52 AM   #18
e90Nate
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
damn what a transformation love the stance and those headlights!
      05-13-2021, 09:26 AM   #19
hooligan_G01
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i BG/Taco Red

So, you had to take your headlight housings apart and put in the kit, then re-seal?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2021, 08:24 AM   #20
Fitment Media
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_F36 View Post
So, you had to take your headlight housings apart and put in the kit, then re-seal?
Yes, had a local shop do it for me. They do this for a living so the seals are super legit. I also replaced the headlight lenses. Bavgruppe sells new ones. I did that because the tiny rock chips were too evident now that the headlight housing is darker.
Appreciate 1
      05-16-2021, 11:25 AM   #21
Sigge
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 420d xDrive 2016

Let us see that exhaust
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2023, 02:24 PM   #22
Fitment Media
No_Country
Rep

Been a while since the last update. Heres what the car looks like now. Decided to go for a cleaner look, also got a set of BBS RS 744/745 Style 42 which I think looks way better than the BBS RT88s I had on before.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0