F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Why not Luxury guys!!!!!! why sport???
Studio RSR

09-01-2012, 10:51 PM   #45
raleedy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i 6-speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz335i View Post
LOL, I know eh?

I just turned 24...

I dont understand how people can say they wanted a "sportier" car so they went with the sport line? That just sounds so pathetic!

The lines dont have anything to do with performance.

However in several places there may be some restrictions.

I went the Luxury Line. I got 20" wheels, did several mods and now my car looks way sportier than any other "stock" sport line.

I got Sport Auto, Sport Seats, Paddle Shifters that the other sport lines had but my advantage is the beautiful Saddle Brown interior I got!

Anyway there are many people who are just gonna argue all day long but to me thats baseless and pointless.

Here's a pic of my car now, does it NOT look sporty? I have several things on order, once I'm done modding my car...my car is gonna beat any M Sport Line drivers let alone sport line drivers...

I dont really care what people are going to say but I'm very happy with my decision and LOVE my car. After all, we ALL have F30's right?
Nice car! Something stuck to your front license plate, though.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2012, 10:53 PM   #46
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 SO M3 (on order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raleedy View Post
Nice car! Something stuck to your front license plate, though.

True!!!
      09-01-2012, 11:04 PM   #47
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Because people buy BMW's for sport, not luxury. Simple as that.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2012, 11:42 PM   #48
Elk
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Quote:
Here's a pic of my car now, does it NOT look sporty?
I don't know it looks sporty, but certainly no less sporty than other F30s.

You are enjoying your car, a lot. That's the entire purpose of these overpriced conveyances.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2012, 11:44 PM   #49
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 SO M3 (on order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk
Quote:
Here's a pic of my car now, does it NOT look sporty?
I don't know it looks sporty, but certainly no less sporty than other F30s.

You are enjoying your car, a lot. That's the entire purpose of these overpriced conveyances.
Thanks bud!
      09-02-2012, 12:07 AM   #50
Hayir
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328i modern line

I went for the modern line. IMO the lighter colors give a more luxurious feel inside the car and it makes the ambient light nicer. I didn`t want beige so the modern line was the way to go for me. I got the DHP so it will as sporty as the sport line when I want it I wish they offered the sport seats on any line as option then everything would be perfect.

I considered everything but luxury lines. The only thing I like about luxury line is the chromes around windows. I don`t like the wheels on luxury. They are too crowded for my taste.

I thought about sport line a lot because of the sport seats mainly. Wheels are also the best on Sport line. Black mirrors, I didn`t like them. Black or beige interior I didn`t want. I wasn`t brave enough to go with coral red. I didn`t have a chance to see it in person. Some pictures it is stunning, some pictures it doesn`t go well with black.

Anyway, I believe there is no wrong or right choice, it is just a personal taste. Oyster interior modern line is the most criticized one on this forum but I liked it.
      09-02-2012, 12:42 AM   #51
loosenit2
Private
Rep
Drives: 12 328i Luxury

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny
-1 maybe you were primarily concerned about sports performance, I was looking for a luxury car with a sporty edge to it. There are a number of less expensive cars that have better sports cars credentials if all you want is a sports car.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2012, 03:51 AM   #52
MaestroAl
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
That's cack. A tiny number of the BMW demographic choose a BMW because it's "sporty". Maybe you did but you cannot cast your own priorities over the entire world my friend. You are the minority, thankfully, and that's why BMW make good cars
      09-02-2012, 03:57 AM   #53
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaestroAl View Post
That's cack. A tiny number of the BMW demographic choose a BMW because it's "sporty". Maybe you did but you cannot cast your own priorities over the entire world my friend. You are the minority, thankfully, and that's why BMW make good cars
BMWs are Sporting Luxury cars. Once driven, forever smitten.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2012, 03:58 AM   #54
MaestroAl
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Agreed
      09-02-2012, 04:07 AM   #55
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

BTW Maestro: I could strangle my BMW dealer. He forgot to include Adaptive suspension on the order for my 'Superman' car and has 'lost' the order for my ex's 'Superman' 330d M Sport. Just found out. What a plonker.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2012, 04:09 AM   #56
MaestroAl
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Have you seen "Falling Down"?
      09-02-2012, 04:14 AM   #57
matze328
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpina B3S Coupé

Luxury line wouldn´t be my choice. I don´t like this much chrome and bling bling on a BMW 3 series. From my point of view, M-Sport package is best looking.
      09-02-2012, 04:20 AM   #58
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaestroAl View Post
Have you seen "Falling Down"?
I sure have! I am he.

What an amazing mess.

It's like sticking a carrot up a donkey's arse and thinking it can taste the carrot. Hell, you can put an Armani suit on a donkey but it will always be a donkey.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2012, 07:36 AM   #59
wknddrivr
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3/E39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noor View Post
I'm a marketeer and I positioned this question to see how people react to it. But your reaction was over, you are saying Luxury Line or Modern Line is a Camry. How about the driving experience ? The handling? The performance? The technology? The design? The brand equity it self! A Camry!!!!!! You my friend have led your preference drive you into words that are meaningless and if you can justify and elaborate with facts that modern or luxury lines are Camrys please do so and we would love to hear it
I kind of agree with the comment about the camry...I test drove a non-sport 328 and 335, and there didn't seem to be any driving experience. The steering was numb, and there was too much body roll. Reminded me a lot of my 2010 TSX, pleasant, but so what.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2012, 07:39 AM   #60
wknddrivr
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3/E39 M5

Quote:
LOL, I know eh?

I just turned 24...

I dont understand how people can say they wanted a "sportier" car so they went with the sport line? That just sounds so pathetic!

The lines dont have anything to do with performance.

However in several places there may be some restrictions.

I went the Luxury Line. I got 20" wheels, did several mods and now my car looks way sportier than any other "stock" sport line.

I got Sport Auto, Sport Seats, Paddle Shifters that the other sport lines had but my advantage is the beautiful Saddle Brown interior I got!

Anyway there are many people who are just gonna argue all day long but to me thats baseless and pointless.

Here's a pic of my car now, does it NOT look sporty? I have several things on order, once I'm done modding my car...my car is gonna beat any M Sport Line drivers let alone sport line drivers...

I dont really care what people are going to say but I'm very happy with my decision and LOVE my car. After all, we ALL have F30's right?
In the US, you can't get sport seats without the sport or M-Sport package. There is a huge difference in handling because the sport and M-Sport have the sports suspension. The only way to get similar dynamics in the Luxury or Modern line is to get the Adaptive M-Suspension.

In any case, your car looks great, glad to see you are enjoying it!
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2012, 08:06 AM   #61
JUSKIDN
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 EBII 328i M Sport

The only thing I like about the luxury line was the sadlle brown interior and what I dislike are those rims. You would spend lots of time cleaning the brake dust out the slots each time you wash the car.
      09-02-2012, 08:15 AM   #62
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8 V8 '14

Just staying on topic.. it took me awhile to fully digest the difference in the lines. I can see what they were trying to do in terms of creating these lines. Cost reduction would probably one of the main drivers of this approach.

In any case .. I think each one of the lines and the way they were put together does create the image it is trying to portray.

I've always been a fan of the m sports so it was an easy decision for me. But I was swaying between it and the luxury for quite a fair bit. Loved the chromes but disliked the wheel =/ which is of course a personal preference.

Priority for me was:
Sports + and sports trans
Wheels
Body Kit

In response to all those comments on Merc being more luxurious .. depending on what you'd qualify as luxury. I know many car makers are putting a lot more effort into fancier interior to create that perception. I would say all the big brands Merc, BM , Audi so far have been doing a pretty good job. It would be unfair to say that any of them would be far off the other in terms of luxury. My 2c
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2012, 08:33 AM   #63
Micleg
iX1 2022
Rep
Drives: iX1 msport, 520d F11 X08

Not sport, M-sport! All the other lines are equally sporty or non-sporty depending on your preferences I think.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2012, 09:43 AM   #64
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
What I observe in the UK.... folks are buying premium sector, a touch of luxury, with a sporty edge. Many don't want too much of that sporty edge.

For example over time in the UK, we will see many basic sport-line models, lacking sport suspension, no sport auto, or sport steering. Yes just sport seats and cosmetic features. So many will be simply buying a look and big wheels. But there will be a lot of the other 'non sport' lines with the true sporty options added. Most likely the luxury will be the model specced up with the sporty opions, will drive like an optioned M-sport, but without the cosmetic bits.

HighlandPete
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2012, 11:45 AM   #65
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by raleedy
Three words: sport seats.
+1, but minus one word lol
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2012, 11:49 AM   #66
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Interesting highland Pete. I guess it's sort of like people that buy Porsches and Corvettes but drive incredibly slow in them..

I was just implying people that buy the car for the sportiness of the ride would be much more likely to get the sportier cosmetics. But I guess there are always people that wanna look like something they're not. Like fat guys in track suits, they wanna look like they work out, but they don't lol
Appreciate 0