F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AFRICA > Egypt F30
ARMA SPEED

06-23-2014, 06:28 AM   #815
Sherifbmw
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osmansky View Post
Excellent Review
Thanks man, enjoy your f30, i will post photos of mine once I receive it.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 09:33 AM   #816
Ouzzo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifbmw View Post
Hi Ouzzo,

I am not sure the dealer here in Egypt knows that it can be coded, I asked the sales in Bavarian about it and mentioned that it is on last user preference selection by default since last year outside Egypt and he was astonished
hi sherif,
I got this from Mr Ehab the service manager in qatamyia service center.
He was telling me they can withdraw my warranty for doing it myself and that they can do it now. He said he did it to his own car.

So take an appointment and request it, I don't know how much money or time it will take though sorry , forget the sales guys they don't know anything and probably it's good enough they know they are selling you a bmw 3 and nit a. 5
      06-24-2014, 10:44 AM   #817
rustyminded
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouzzo View Post
hi sherif,
I got this from Mr Ehab the service manager in qatamyia service center.
He was telling me they can withdraw my warranty for doing it myself and that they can do it now. He said he did it to his own car.

So take an appointment and request it, I don't know how much money or time it will take though sorry , forget the sales guys they don't know anything and probably it's good enough they know they are selling you a bmw 3 and nit a. 5
Well Ouzzo, my car misses FMIC (intercooler) and I will be doing the service with FBO even coding & JB4 were still in the car, I even changed brake pads outside and did reset myself... they haven't said a word I'm not saying take the risk and do that but they talk a lot at the dealer and threaten customers which something I do NOT like because here in Germany there is nothing like that. for me Dealers in Egypt are BS.
      06-25-2014, 01:15 PM   #818
mehana
Rep
Drives: G20 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyminded View Post
Ok guys, so I was stalking BMS post on testing the EWG (electronic wastegate) harness for N55 (335i) cars and as they came close to producing it in large scale, I spoke with Terry (BMS Owner) about EWG harness for N20 (328i, 320i) & if they are going straight to production but I was shocked when he said it's not in the test phase yet.. so I had a though I have to wait another 6 month to be produced so I can buy it until I got an email from him personally asking if I'm interested to be in first group for EWG testers as he wanted different test cars with JB4 only, JB4 & downpipe ect..
I promise I will try my best to send as much datalogs for analysis so EWG JB4 owners can have all the control & fun on their car.
Why do you need EWG harness? it only makes difference over 20psi boost, you are using map1 (20psi) with 91AKI (95 Ron), map2 (23psi) needs 93AKI (98Ron), Be careful!!
I used to have vacuum solenoid in my car and it was controlled by JB4, but I haven't tried over 20psi map1 setting.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 04:12 PM   #819
rustyminded
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehana View Post
Why do you need EWG harness? it only makes difference over 20psi boost, you are using map1 (20psi) with 91AKI (95 Ron), map2 (23psi) needs 93AKI (98Ron), Be careful!!
I used to have vacuum solenoid in my car and it was controlled by JB4, but I haven't tried over 20psi map1 setting.
EWG harness holds the boost, even with 20psi the value in real world wouldn't pass the 17-18 as it's electronic no controlling, as for map 2 it's 21 psi, map 7 is 23 psi and don't worry I've taken logs before and it's safe for me to use at least in winter only because of other mods I have.

Last edited by rustyminded; 06-25-2014 at 04:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 11:58 PM   #820
Kareem Gohar
Rep
Drives: 316i F30

hey guys...missed reading ur forum for the past 2 monthes (kont bamte7en el doctorah)..bass reading the posts,seems like the forums active again ...its amazing how knowledgable and helpful u are ...and what about those led rings that kk's installed?...i actually saw them bel sodfa on another forum..theyre amazing

.ya ged3an lets arrange a meeting since i obviously missed ure last one
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2014, 02:52 PM   #821
NileGate
Rep
Drives: F30 316i

Ramadan Kareem
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2014, 07:58 PM   #822
Ouzzo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Allah Akram. Kol sana wentom taybeen
      06-30-2014, 03:38 AM   #823
Sherifbmw
Rep

Ramadan Karim, wish you all the best.
Appreciate 1
      06-30-2014, 03:49 AM   #824
mirak13
Egypt
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320i

Ramadan Karim Guys. Kol Sana we entu tayebeen
Appreciate 1
      06-30-2014, 03:52 AM   #825
Monkey Punk
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirak13 View Post
Ramadan Karim Guys. Kol Sana we entu tayebeen
off topic, but how is the security situation there for you guys right now? I hope you all are staying safe.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 04:36 AM   #826
rustyminded
Major
Rep

Happy Ramadan guyyss !!
      06-30-2014, 04:42 AM   #827
rustyminded
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead1971 View Post
off topic, but how is the security situation there for you guys right now? I hope you all are staying safe.

Hey, It's much safer than before or at least right before I left Egypt, that was few weeks ago but still I hear good from my friends.. mind me but are you Egyptian living in Japan or you are Japanese ?!
      06-30-2014, 04:43 AM   #828
Sherifbmw
Rep

Guys, did any one try the 19 inch rims, do you recommend it in our streets?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 04:46 AM   #829
Monkey Punk
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hey, It's much safer than before or at least right before I left Egypt, that was few weeks ago but still I hear good from my friends.. mind me but are you Egyptian living in Japan or you are Japanese ?!
I am an american living in Japan. I just keep up with politics and stuff in the middle east. Glad to hear that things are calming down.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 04:50 AM   #830
rustyminded
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifbmw View Post
Guys, did any one try the 19 inch rims, do you recommend it in our streets?
Hello Sherif, As far as I saw a 335i with the M performance 20" but he was driving very slow with this profile 25 he will certainly damage the rims sooner or later in our streets
In my opinion 18" is just the right size for F30, where you'll find right tire if you had a puncture but 19" really didn't experience it. it will look though
      06-30-2014, 04:52 AM   #831
rustyminded
Major
Rep

Quote:
I am an american living in Japan. I just keep up with politics and stuff in the middle east. Glad to hear that things are calming down.
Ahh, My second family are Americans
I hope you are hearing the right stuff as Media just want war
Have you came to Egypt before ?!
      06-30-2014, 04:59 AM   #832
Monkey Punk
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ahh, My second family are Americans
I hope you are hearing the right stuff as Media just want war
Have you came to Egypt before ?!
Unfortunately, I have not been to Egypt. I would love to travel there some day. I am a BMW enthusiast and love to see how our love of these cars transcends other aspects of our different cultures. I see so many posts from other countries like Europe, Asia, Africa, Middle East.....funny!

Anyway, I routinely look at posts from anywhere based upon the subject. I am ordering a 335i and am looking at everyone's posts to see best practices for modifications and tips.

Finally, I agree....the media grab the worst story to inflame people and make money.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 06:11 AM   #833
rustyminded
Major
Rep

Quote:
Unfortunately, I have not been to Egypt. I would love to travel there some day. I am a BMW enthusiast and love to see how our love of these cars transcends other aspects of our different cultures. I see so many posts from other countries like Europe, Asia, Africa, Middle East.....funny!

Anyway, I routinely look at posts from anywhere based upon the subject. I am ordering a 335i and am looking at everyone's posts to see best practices for modifications and tips.

Finally, I agree....the media grab the worst story to inflame people and make money.
If you come down to it, wherever you come from, whatever you speak even if we didn't speak same language.. as enthusiast we all have one language which is quit fascinating.

I met a friend from N54tech who happened to be in Germany where I am staying.. we shared experiences, we helped each other with N20 EWG harness development.

yea that's a good idea to do that, I've done same thing before I got my car for 2 month & I had the JB3 already before I got my car lol.
      06-30-2014, 11:02 AM   #834
KK328
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 328 gracier silver

Hi Guys,

It's been a while Happy Ramdan to all of you hope your coping well with the heat) AS some of you know I moved to Algeria a couple of month back and that's why I haven't been contributing to our lovely forum... Happy to see that it's still going and more and more people are joining.... You won't believe it but I'm stuck with an X3 2.0 Diesel in Algeria... Imagine me trying to corner with it man you so bad you guys have no idea and Diesel!!!! I have to admit I will never get it compared to petrol engine is a difference between night and day seriously I know the whole tourq thing but no I'm not buying it HP beats it every time it's like the car has no life in it at all.... Anyway sadly I'm selling my car leaving it to the wife just didn't make sense at all every other day she's going into a pot hole and I end up paying for new tyres..... I just read someone asking about the 19 inch, my recommendation would be don't man, I'm running on 18's and if you are not super careful you will pay so much money on changing tyres, unless you change from run flat to normal and that a whole different story 18's are quite good or you can go with Rusty's set-up I saw it before I travelled and I have to say it look and handles like a BMW supposed to use 17 and put spacers that would give you a sweet rife......

Kareem asking about the LED's in my opinion they are awesome I loved the way they looked and the xenon makes a big difference when driving at night but seriously they look sick.... But watch out because they will take the car of the warranty as soon as you take it in for service, I took mine off because I'm selling the car and I took the car to the service centre and they put back the warranty no problem, in my mind the looks are worth taking the car out of the warranty but that's just me

Rusty your inbox is full man!!! clear it send me your mobile I lost my phone and all my contacts I see that your in Germany.... Lucky)

Man it's good to talk cars I miss this forum once again Happy Ramadan everyone
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 01:24 PM   #835
rustyminded
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK328 View Post
Hi Guys,

It's been a while Happy Ramdan to all of you hope your coping well with the heat) AS some of you know I moved to Algeria a couple of month back and that's why I haven't been contributing to our lovely forum... Happy to see that it's still going and more and more people are joining.... You won't believe it but I'm stuck with an X3 2.0 Diesel in Algeria... Imagine me trying to corner with it man you so bad you guys have no idea and Diesel!!!! I have to admit I will never get it compared to petrol engine is a difference between night and day seriously I know the whole tourq thing but no I'm not buying it HP beats it every time it's like the car has no life in it at all.... Anyway sadly I'm selling my car leaving it to the wife just didn't make sense at all every other day she's going into a pot hole and I end up paying for new tyres..... I just read someone asking about the 19 inch, my recommendation would be don't man, I'm running on 18's and if you are not super careful you will pay so much money on changing tyres, unless you change from run flat to normal and that a whole different story 18's are quite good or you can go with Rusty's set-up I saw it before I travelled and I have to say it look and handles like a BMW supposed to use 17 and put spacers that would give you a sweet rife......

Kareem asking about the LED's in my opinion they are awesome I loved the way they looked and the xenon makes a big difference when driving at night but seriously they look sick.... But watch out because they will take the car of the warranty as soon as you take it in for service, I took mine off because I'm selling the car and I took the car to the service centre and they put back the warranty no problem, in my mind the looks are worth taking the car out of the warranty but that's just me

Rusty your inbox is full man!!! clear it send me your mobile I lost my phone and all my contacts I see that your in Germany.... Lucky)

Man it's good to talk cars I miss this forum once again Happy Ramadan everyone
Kimoooooo, where the hell where you man.. miss you a lot bro
Happy ramadan to you too & all your family..
There is a lot of diesel tuner companies especially in Europe !!

you missed a lot man, I just had the EWG harness for development and one of my friend here in Germany is helping me as he has the F31

sorry man, I always empty my inbox every couple days
I am not in Germany for fun we came here for my bro's operation & we are staying longer for his recovery.. Ramadan here is HARD.
      07-06-2014, 09:40 PM   #836
Nabawy
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i Mineral Grey

Any body here owns a 335i ?
Appreciate 0