F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Bavsound revenant pro problems!
Extreme Powerhouse

07-24-2021, 12:02 PM   #23
DeepseaX1
Rep
Drives: X1 sdrive28i, 435i gran coupe

Update - Revenant Pro

Update 8/10/2021:

My overall opinion of the new Revenant Pro is not good. I'm disappointed in it and have wasted a ton of money both on the unit and installation fees.

It sounds so bad that I feel there must have been some mistake in the installation. I had checked with the BMW center, went back twice, and they said it was straightforward and there's no way they screwed up. The initial sound card settings were out of whack and Bavsounds sent me a new one, then they messaged me and said it might be blank so they sent me a third one. This is the one I had installed and it sounds like there is absolutely 0 bass of any kind being used. It's pure mono treble sounding from the front speaker. I wonder if the third sound card they sent is actually blank too; if not, then the amp itself is defective.

I'm tired of screwing around with it at this point and wasting money at the installers. I bought a whole new replacement system from another retailer and will install that in a few days.

Last edited by DeepseaX1; 08-10-2021 at 11:27 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 05:44 PM   #24
matt@bavsound
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2005 330i

Hey everyone,

Wanted to chime in here, and apologies for popping in late, we have a small staff and haven't been as active on the forums these days.

As of today, 09/16/2021 we have a new set of tune cards with updated tunes in the warehouse for all BMW Car fitments, and expect to have updated ones for our BMW SUV fitments soon as well. This is the result of a few more passes on the tune in multiple different BMWs with customer feedback in mind, and further tweaks past even the previous updated tunes we supplied, albeit more subtle.

We got the feedback from a subset of customers that they were not happy with the original tunes supplied with the amplifier, in particular the "Concert" experience we chose for the speaker time alignment. This created a front focused sound stage, where it sounded like the artist was in the center of your dashboard, and allowed for a super tight, super precise experience.

We were quite happy with this experience, and our Single Seat tune still has this style time alignment as there has been a lot of positive feedback on this from our customers and internally. It can create a "loud center channel" effect, however the center is pulled down 6db compared to the door speakers so this is really from the time alignment, and not the center itself being excessively loud.

We did get the feedback that some customers want a full car sound experience, which we now supply on the Multi Seat tunes, which can be selected easily with the dip switches on the amplifier. The rear speakers have equal fill, and although it’s slightly front biased with the time alignment still, the rear speakers are much more present. We have also tweaked gain across the board, and increased bass, especially in the Multi Seat tune. We believe we now have two tunes included that provide an awesome experience no matter your preference and have been getting great feedback on these.

We intentionally designed our amplifier with the tune cards for this exact reason, so we can tweak and update over time, and easily supply new tunes if needed, although we are very happy with where things are at now. If you have purchased an amplifier prior to 09/16/2021 and want a new tune card, feel free to email support@bavsound.com and we would be happy to get you setup. That said if you are stoked on your setup currently, there is nothing wrong and a new tune card would not be needed.
      09-17-2021, 09:57 PM   #25
hollovoid7
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 428xi Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt@bavsound View Post
Hey everyone,

Wanted to chime in here, and apologies for popping in late, we have a small staff and haven't been as active on the forums these days.

As of today, 09/16/2021 we have a new set of tune cards with updated tunes in the warehouse for all BMW Car fitments, and expect to have updated ones for our BMW SUV fitments soon as well. This is the result of a few more passes on the tune in multiple different BMWs with customer feedback in mind, and further tweaks past even the previous updated tunes we supplied, albeit more subtle.

We got the feedback from a subset of customers that they were not happy with the original tunes supplied with the amplifier, in particular the "Concert" experience we chose for the speaker time alignment. This created a front focused sound stage, where it sounded like the artist was in the center of your dashboard, and allowed for a super tight, super precise experience.

We were quite happy with this experience, and our Single Seat tune still has this style time alignment as there has been a lot of positive feedback on this from our customers and internally. It can create a "loud center channel" effect, however the center is pulled down 6db compared to the door speakers so this is really from the time alignment, and not the center itself being excessively loud.

We did get the feedback that some customers want a full car sound experience, which we now supply on the Multi Seat tunes, which can be selected easily with the dip switches on the amplifier. The rear speakers have equal fill, and although it's slightly front biased with the time alignment still, the rear speakers are much more present. We have also tweaked gain across the board, and increased bass, especially in the Multi Seat tune. We believe we now have two tunes included that provide an awesome experience no matter your preference and have been getting great feedback on these.

We intentionally designed our amplifier with the tune cards for this exact reason, so we can tweak and update over time, and easily supply new tunes if needed, although we are very happy with where things are at now. If you have purchased an amplifier prior to 09/16/2021 and want a new tune card, feel free to email support@bavsound.com and we would be happy to get you setup. That said if you are stoked on your setup currently, there is nothing wrong and a new tune card would not be needed.
I emailed for this new one, definitely interested to try the new revision! The last revision improved things and I was happier for sure but still needed work in a few areas. Looking forward to your response.

Sean
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2021, 10:00 PM   #26
quakerroatmeal
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 430i Grand Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepseaX1 View Post
Update 8/10/2021:

My overall opinion of the new Revenant Pro is not good. I'm disappointed in it and have wasted a ton of money both on the unit and installation fees.

It sounds so bad that I feel there must have been some mistake in the installation. I had checked with the BMW center, went back twice, and they said it was straightforward and there's no way they screwed up. The initial sound card settings were out of whack and Bavsounds sent me a new one, then they messaged me and said it might be blank so they sent me a third one. This is the one I had installed and it sounds like there is absolutely 0 bass of any kind being used. It's pure mono treble sounding from the front speaker. I wonder if the third sound card they sent is actually blank too; if not, then the amp itself is defective.

I'm tired of screwing around with it at this point and wasting money at the installers. I bought a whole new replacement system from another retailer and will install that in a few days.
What entire replacement system did you go with?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2021, 07:22 PM   #27
Kevin @ Integral Audio
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i | Z3 2.8 | F30 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by quakerroatmeal View Post
What entire replacement system did you go with?
He had our SoundstageDSP™ Ultra installed

www.integralaudio.com
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2021, 08:49 PM   #28
cuz8190
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Garage List
2014 BMW 328ix  [0.00]
  [0.00]
2014 BMW 328ix  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollovoid7 View Post
I emailed for this new one, definitely interested to try the new revision! The last revision improved things and I was happier for sure but still needed work in a few areas. Looking forward to your response.

Sean
I received the new tune and I have to say I'm still not happy. It still sounds like everything is coming from the front of the car even when set to "Multi Seat" and I was just notified by BavSound that as of now they have no intention of revising the tune again unless enough people give them feedback to warrant it. Guess I'm sending back the amp.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2021, 05:30 PM   #29
Neil07
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 340

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuz8190 View Post
I received the new tune and I have to say I'm still not happy. It still sounds like everything is coming from the front of the car even when set to "Multi Seat" and I was just notified by BavSound that as of now they have no intention of revising the tune again unless enough people give them feedback to warrant it. Guess I'm sending back the amp.
I just bought the new amp as well from Bavsound (I already had all their speakers installed so why not complete the package) . From all the posts that was done previously I thought everything was fixed.

I've been driving with it for a day now and I can say that the sound quality is better and it is an improvement. However the music seems to be coming from the center channel. At first I thought I selected the wrong profile, so I double checked it. Unfortunately it was already selected for Multi seat. I can only imagine what the driver profile sounds like.

I don't think I will return the amp. I do like it and it is an improvement, but I agree that the Multi seat needs to allow for more sound to come from the other speakers to balance it out.

So you can add my vote to get a new tune.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2021, 12:14 PM   #30
djmikey870
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i Msport

Hey everyone, So I ordered the new Revenant Pro Amp and 2 ghost subwoofers. I first installed the amp then before I put everything back together I decided to test if everything works just like the video says. Turned on some tunes but I didn't hear any active sounds on the front driver and passenger door. I thought I did something wrong. I decided to take off the ASD module and then no sound came from anything. I then plugged in the stock amp and everything works. Anyone else have this problem? I emailed them hoping a get an answer back soon.

I have a 2013 Bmw 328i F30 msport with hifi sound system. Any info would be great.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2021, 05:01 PM   #31
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmikey870 View Post
Hey everyone, So I ordered the new Revenant Pro Amp and 2 ghost subwoofers. I first installed the amp then before I put everything back together I decided to test if everything works just like the video says. Turned on some tunes but I didn't hear any active sounds on the front driver and passenger door. I thought I did something wrong. I decided to take off the ASD module and then no sound came from anything. I then plugged in the stock amp and everything works. Anyone else have this problem? I emailed them hoping a get an answer back soon.

I have a 2013 Bmw 328i F30 msport with hifi sound system. Any info would be great.
When you removed the ASD Module did you use the included ASD Bypass harness? IDK if your system came with one but the amp for HK Top HiFi did

Best is to got to Bavsound site and watch the detailed install video they have posted

I did not have ASD & my Bavsound amp replaced the HK Top Hifi - I had absolutely no problems or issues
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2021, 07:00 PM   #32
djmikey870
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
When you removed the ASD Module did you use the included ASD Bypass harness? IDK if your system came with one but the amp for HK Top HiFi did

Best is to got to Bavsound site and watch the detailed install video they have posted

I did not have ASD & my Bavsound amp replaced the HK Top Hifi - I had absolutely no problems or issues
Sorry disregard the ASD Module. I did use the ASD Bypass harness and I was able to get sound but only in the rear. My car was not equipped with HK Top Hifi. My car as just the normal Hifi system. Yeah That is the video I watched for the install.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2022, 11:38 PM   #33
dmanb2b
Banned
Rep
Drives: G07, F97, F30, E90, E46, E30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin @ Integral Audio View Post
Anyone who's tried the Revenant Pro and isn't happy, I'll offer a significant discount on our SoundstageDSP Ultra (https://integralaudio.com/soundstagedsp-ultra.html) if you want to do a direct comparison and are willing to share your experience with the forum.

We only have stellar reviews. There is a reason for that.

Message me if you are interested.
I was about to go with the Bimmertech Alpha One, but if you'd be willing to do a group buy or allow me to compare the SoundstageDSP Ultra vs. HK in a LCI F30, I'd be interested.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2022, 10:00 AM   #34
Kevin @ Integral Audio
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanb2b View Post
I was about to go with the Bimmertech Alpha One, but if you'd be willing to do a group buy or allow me to compare the SoundstageDSP Ultra vs. HK in a LCI F30, I'd be interested.
Absolutely, just messaged you. Anyone interested in a Group Buy PM me, if there's enough interest we'll set one up.

www.integralaudio.com
Appreciate 1
dmanb2b2123.00
      04-08-2022, 10:34 AM   #35
dmanb2b
Banned
Rep
Drives: G07, F97, F30, E90, E46, E30

Quote:
Absolutely, just messaged you. Anyone interested in a Group Buy PM me, if there's enough interest we'll set one up.
Excellent...will reach out shortly. I have some other ideas to you that I will share.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2022, 05:02 PM   #36
Neil07
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 340

Quote:
I bought the BAVSound package and I'm not happy with the sound. Mid Bass is not there.

I have the Top Hi-Fi HK system with a trunk mounted sub. Would you sell your SoundstageDSP Ultra system without the sub?

Also can the system be returned if not satisfied.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 01:17 PM   #37
Kevin @ Integral Audio
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil07 View Post
I bought the BAVSound package and I'm not happy with the sound. Mid Bass is not there.

I have the Top Hi-Fi HK system with a trunk mounted sub. Would you sell your SoundstageDSP Ultra system without the sub?
The short answer is no. The longer answer is maybe, but it depends. I've PM'd you, let's discuss.

Quote:
Also can the system be returned if not satisfied.
Absolutely.

www.integralaudio.com
Appreciate 0