F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > My experience at a local Detroit area BMW dealership
proTUNING Freaks

04-09-2015, 01:55 PM   #45
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Schott View Post
The letter reads as if the OP had a chip on his shoulder to begin with. First of all it's not clear whether or not his friend had an appointment. To expect to have a car looked at right away makes no sense even if he had an appointment.

Second, if things went down as he said, shame on Erhard. I have my doubts about this. I am on my third lease from Erhard BMW in Farmington Hills and I have always been treated fairly and with respect by most everyone there. As far as the cubicles, I haven't been to a car dealer that does anything different.
I think the point of that was to wow BMWNA to show he's not fucking around. He has an MBA you see, so he knew that cubicles don't allow for much in the way of collaboration among employees (even though they're all sales people and tend to compete against one another rather than work as a team).

You're right though, I'm sure there's more to the story than OP lets on. I've been to many BMW dealerships, Audi dealerships, Lexus and Infiniti dealerships and not once have I ever been treated with disrespect while going around their showroom and inquiring about cars.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 02:16 PM   #46
Golden Arrow
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F36 430i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vols1
IonutZ, thanks for taking the time to post your experience at a bmw dealership. In my experience they are a serious step down from Lexus and MB, at the sales level anyway. Too bad your post didn't generate some better, more thoughtful responses. Maybe bmw really does know some of their customer base.
The OP wrote an open letter outlining his experiences with a dealership. He then generalizes the BMW brand as a whole based on these experiences.

My dealership, aside from their ridiculously uncompetitive pricing, is always very accommodating regarding service and ALWAYS treats me with respect. With that, I've just disproven his argument that BMW dealers are "ruining the brand."

I suggest we all stop giving this attention whore what he wants, and get back to more important things, like the start of baseball season.

2003 330xi (Forever in my heart )
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 02:23 PM   #47
Golden Arrow
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr5959
The OPs letter was ridiculously long I agree, but he did receive very poor service so I get why he's pissed off. What I don't get is why this forum seems to be filled with a bunch of angry old farts who go bananas if anyone dares to criticize service they received at a BMW dealer. Do you really love the brand that much? Are you all ex-CAs?
If the OP had made his post about the crap dealership, he have the support of the forum. Instead, he took his experiences with this particular dealership, and proclaims BMW as a shit-brand.

I don't like unfounded generalizations, and people who use their postgraduate degrees in writing, as if that's supposed to make their argument stronger.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 02:24 PM   #48
kimchee411
Private
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 LBB 6MT| '06 911 C2 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Arrow View Post
I suggest we all stop giving this attention whore what he wants, and get back to more important things, like the start of the NHL & NBA playoffs.

Fixed--you're welcome.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 02:28 PM   #49
Golden Arrow
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee411
Quote:
I suggest we all stop giving this attention whore what he wants, and get back to more important things, like the start of the NHL & NBA playoffs.

Fixed--you're welcome.
I've never been much of a basketball fan. I can absolutely agree with you on hockey though.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 03:21 PM   #50
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

Op already knew about the shady dealer tactics they use and still went and was expecting something different?
      04-09-2015, 05:50 PM   #51
DHS
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '16 X1, '15 435i & '98 Z3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Schott View Post
The letter reads as if the OP had a chip on his shoulder to begin with. First of all it's not clear whether or not his friend had an appointment. To expect to have a car looked at right away makes no sense even if he had an appointment.

Second, if things went down as he said, shame on Erhard. I have my doubts about this. I am on my third lease from Erhard BMW in Farmington Hills and I have always been treated fairly and with respect by most everyone there. As far as the cubicles, I haven't been to a car dealer that does anything different.
Based on the letter he not only had a chip on his shoulder going into the dealer he has it all the time. "Look at me I have an MBA." Truth be told we used to go through MBAs like water. Many had attitudes like the OP which allowed them to update their resumes as they looked for new employment opportunities. After a couple of years we did without and things were much better.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 06:04 PM   #52
drexplode
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G26 i4x

OP - had a similar experience with Mr. Moyer at E-FH but with a guilt trip after politely declining his high offer on a F80-M3. Glad I took my business to David at STBMW.

Sales at Erhard = terrible.
Service with Jason Betts = awesome
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 06:35 PM   #53
rolltidef32
National Championship #17 and Counting!
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW i3s and 2019 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335BOY View Post
I hate to be this way but there is no chance every BMW and every Audi dealership has brutal service department. They would be out of business. Ive never had a bad experience at Audi (5 cars) or BMW (2). Possibly a small frustration but if handled positively, they get fixed instantly. I wrote a letter to the owner of the BMW store that I dealt with commending them on their service. That went a long way. You can be a friend or an enemy. Both get treated differently and so they should IMO.
They all aren't bad. It's just that entitled jackasses that buy luxury cars these days all wish to act out like a diva and be catered to hand and foot.

News flash, you ain't important to anyone other than your mother! That goes for me and everyone else here. We also aren't rich, if we were, we'd be on a Porsche or Farrari, Bentley, or Rolls forum. BMWs can be leased by almost anyone with a job; so what?

Also, who here doesn't hold an MBA, MS, JD, MD, or whatever?

A kid is a kid, but these days, just like some parents ruin children by raising a bunch of Justin Beibers, the only way you learn is though some form of punishment. Yes, we're roasting this kid. Hopefully it's a lesson to him and other would-be future douche bag types who read this forum. Don't come here to bitch, we ain't your woman, so we don't wish to hear from whinny men.

If you show respect, others will reciprocate. I wouldn't let some 20 something kid test drive an ///M either; think about how many brats they get trying to do the same thing; hell, it's Detroit for crying out loud! Probably thought he'd steal it; hell, it's Detroit for crying out loud!!

Best thing to have done is go in and discuss the purchase, let them run your credit, that's when they start to take you serious. Dealers don't put a bunch of miles on an ///M, new owners yell whenever there are more than 5 or so miles on the car.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 06:56 PM   #54
S4Dude
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by maa335iF30 View Post
I couldn't finish reading the entire thing. Stopped 1/3rd of the way. Hopefully BMW gets further....

Keep us posted.
I didn't finish it either. Too snarky to be taken seriously. While I've got a friend who would describe his recent experience similarly to me, I can't imagine he'd pen a letter like that and expect a serious response. Professional demeanor is lacking here despite the reasonableness of the complaint. That will most likely prevent the OP from finding suitable resolution.
      04-09-2015, 07:08 PM   #55
335BOY
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 SQ5

Whee has OP gone?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 08:35 PM   #56
parabola
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 VW GTI

BMW has sold 1.8 million units in 2014. I am sure there are going to be some bad apples in that bag.
Sorry OP but your letter most likely hit the "trash" folder without anyone going past the 2nd paragraph. Move on, find another dealership, fucks those jocks.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 09:42 PM   #57
Michael Schott
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 VW GTI Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexplode View Post
OP - had a similar experience with Mr. Moyer at E-FH but with a guilt trip after politely declining his high offer on a F80-M3. Glad I took my business to David at STBMW.

Sales at Erhard = terrible.
Service with Jason Betts = awesome
Kurt Hagemann has been my salesman at Erhard FH and has always been great. Jason is terrific. In fact the service department in general is excellent.
Appreciate 1
      04-09-2015, 09:44 PM   #58
DC X3M40i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Quote:
I've never been much of a basketball fan. I can absolutely agree with you on hockey though.
LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 10:10 PM   #59
kimchee411
Private
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 LBB 6MT| '06 911 C2 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danguy426 View Post
LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!
GO SHARKS G..oh crap, we missed the playoffs for the first time in 12 years.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 11:13 PM   #60
Labeef
Captain
Rep
Drives: 320I Sport/Xenon

While the letter contains details that I would excluded, he has a very valid point. Buying a BMW is suppose to be an pleasurable experience that so keep coming back. In addition, the OP can't be the only person with this experience at this place. If BMW cares about its reputation in that region, I'm sure they will address this letter.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 11:48 PM   #61
BEAR-AvHistory
2020 Z4 M40i - 2022 M4C Convt
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i - 2022 M4C Convrt

Garage List
Don't they teach people how to do an executive summary in business school anymore?

2022 M4C - 2020 Z4 M40i - 2023 FORD Expedition XLT Max 4X4 400BHP - 2009 V-Star - 1998 Ranger 4X4 5MT - 1965 Cobra (R) 5MT - 2023 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 6MT
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 12:18 AM   #62
tbonanno
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 435ix Gran Coupe M-Sport

Lengthy letter or not, what happened at that dealership was unacceptable. Hope you get a satisfactory response (and find another dealership that works well for you). I'm fortunate that the one dealer here in Santa Fe has been excellent.
      04-10-2015, 07:57 AM   #63
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danguy426 View Post
LETS GO RANGERS!!!!!
Caps all day.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 08:32 AM   #64
Michael Schott
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 VW GTI Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labeef View Post
While the letter contains details that I would excluded, he has a very valid point. Buying a BMW is suppose to be an pleasurable experience that so keep coming back. In addition, the OP can't be the only person with this experience at this place. If BMW cares about its reputation in that region, I'm sure they will address this letter.
Based on the tone of the letter it's hard to take the OP for his word on what actually happened at the dealership. That's the problem with a letter like this. The OP's credibility is hurt by the often unfair and ranting tone of the letter.

As I said above, my numerous experiences with this exact dealer are nothing like what he portrays. If I had a complaint bout Erhard in general, you have to play hardball to get a really good deal on a car.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 01:39 PM   #65
IonutZ
Bimmerman
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335ix E92

Lol I love how all of you pull the entitlement card out of your asses and pick on my writing like you’re all reincarnations of Edgar Allen Poe. Also your enthusiasm is most refreshing!

Most of you like Michael Schott over here drive 328s or 335s. Michael’s on his 3rd 328. In other words, you’re a bunch of scrubs probably in your 30s or 40s. And that’s fine, that’s basically the target market that Erhard Farmington Hills caters for - a bunch of futureless lower-middle classers from Oakland County who will retire in 328s and 335s. I respect where you’re coming from, having probably finished a bachelors, potential owners of a mildly successful but probably subpar business - maybe even with a graduate degree under your belts; when you hear a tale from a “self-entitled 25 year old” who’s outraged by how he was treated by other scrubs, you feel the need to join in on the carnage! All in all good, I wish I had respect for you guys, but I really don’t. I do acknowledge that we need people like you to make the world go around, but I don’t identify myself with you plebs.

Also, at 25, I’m looking at a brand new M4/M5, which can definitely be cause for jealousy for most people who’ve worked their whole lives to not be able to afford one - I get it! It’s cool, I absolve all of you of your sins.

The idea is that even you people should be revolted by how I was treated, and the fact that you’re not only confirms my original affirmation, that you’re part of the peasantry.

Have a great weekend

And for those of you who had written supportive comments, I apologize for lowering myself to the level of ineptitude and vulgarity of the majority - but seriously, fuck these assholes.

(Also was contacted by BMWNA yesterday.)

Last edited by IonutZ; 04-10-2015 at 01:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 01:53 PM   #66
Golden Arrow
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonutZ
Lol I love how all of you pull the entitlement card out of your asses and pick on my writing like you’re all reincarnations of Edgar Allen Poe. Also your enthusiasm is most refreshing!

Most of you like Michael Schott over here drive 328s or 335s. Michael’s on his 3rd 328. In other words, you’re a bunch of scrubs probably in your 30s or 40s. And that’s fine, that’s basically the target market that Erhard Farmington Hills caters for - a bunch of futureless lower-middle classers from Oakland County who will retire in 328s and 335s. I respect where you’re coming from, having probably finished a bachelors, potential owners of a mildly successful but probably subpar business - maybe even with a graduate degree under your belts; when you hear a tale from a “self-entitled 25 year old” who’s outraged by how he was treated by other scrubs, you feel the need to join in on the carnage! All in all good, I wish I had respect for you guys, but I really don’t. I do acknowledge that we need people like you to make the world go around, but I don’t identify myself with you plebs.

Also, at 25, I’m looking at a brand new M4/M5, which can definitely be cause for jealousy for most people who’ve worked their whole lives to not be able to afford one - I get it! It’s cool, I absolve all of you of your sins.

The idea is that even you people should be revolted by how I was treated, and the fact that you’re not only confirms my original affirmation, that you’re part of the peasantry.

Have a great weekend

And for those of you who had written supportive comments, I apologize for lowering myself to the level of ineptitude and vulgarity of the majority.
You've confirmed everything that's been said by posting this. Enjoy driving your M-car, alone.

Bye Felicia.
Appreciate 0