F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Exhaust tips - Secure fitment
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-24-2019, 11:24 AM   #1
KTE
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
59
Rep
324
Posts

Drives: F32 435i
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Exhaust tips - Secure fitment

Been in two minds about either Carbon (which everyone has..) or burnt titanium style. I really like both.

Digging a little deeper I found these, obviously not OEM fitment but has a clamp tightened with a bolt.

Has anyone had experience on any car with this style of exhaust tip? Iím more concerned it falls off on a random A road or motorway drive causing problems.

Converse of that is OEM is spring clips only, but as theyíve been on for so long donít seem to budge unless hit with a hammer/mallet.

Outlet is even 4Ē, the next largest alternative are the BMS 3.5Ē. Iíve read most couldnít fit BMS onto a MPE, but others have so at this price Iím happy to take the risk

NB: I would want these to initially fit on standard dual exit exhaust, then a MPE which Iíll either sell the tips from, or purchase without any.



https://ibb.co/8MKnVnY
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 09:34 AM   #2
KTE
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
59
Rep
324
Posts

Drives: F32 435i
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Bump?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 02:23 PM   #3
skipraider
Captain
skipraider's Avatar
370
Rep
702
Posts

Drives: F31 BMW 335i
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: North East

iTrader: (0)

Not sure about the carbon ones, but there have been a few posts about the BMS tips on here and how quickly they corrode.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 03:11 PM   #4
xpro
Lieutenant
130
Rep
428
Posts

Drives: 335XD
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Emerald

iTrader: (0)

I got some carbon ones "Akrapovic" 63-89mm from Alixpress for around 20 aside. Be aware 100mm outer diameter will not fit the bumper cuts.

63mm is the closest fit, as the OE external diameter is 61mm. There is a bit of play but the clamps are strong enough to hold them well.

What I did with mine, as the tips are slitted, they compress when the clamp is tightened, I slightly cut the slits to make them even wider to give them more room for a better compression when clamped.

The quality of these exhaust tips is unreal. Titanium steel with carbon finish and a real quality clamp.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Inle...4-042871f42a5c
Appreciate 1
APJ208.00
      03-26-2019, 06:44 PM   #5
KTE
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
59
Rep
324
Posts

Drives: F32 435i
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpro View Post
I got some carbon ones "Akrapovic" 63-89mm from Alixpress for around 20 aside. Be aware 100mm outer diameter will not fit the bumper cuts.

63mm is the closest fit, as the OE external diameter is 61mm. There is a bit of play but the clamps are strong enough to hold them well.

What I did with mine, as the tips are slitted, they compress when the clamp is tightened, I slightly cut the slits to make them even wider to give them more room for a better compression when clamped.

The quality of these exhaust tips is unreal. Titanium steel with carbon finish and a real quality clamp.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Inle...4-042871f42a5c



Managed to find 89mm outer diameter, Iím just dissapointed that 4Ē (100mm) wouldnít fit based on your comment.

I really like the look of a pair of exhaust tips I saw on a RS and they were massive, maybe 4.5Ē

Is it the added carbon sleeve at 4Ē that makes it too thick to fit the diffuser cuts?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2019, 04:42 PM   #6
PJJD
Second Lieutenant
PJJD's Avatar
Ireland
96
Rep
210
Posts

Drives: Sakhir Orange II F32 M Sport+
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ireland

iTrader: (0)

I had 101mm (4") tips on my GC and they fitted fine
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2019, 03:46 PM   #7
APJ
Captain
APJ's Avatar
United Kingdom
208
Rep
662
Posts

Drives: F36 435d M Sport Plus
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Greater Manchester

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpro View Post
I got some carbon ones "Akrapovic" 63-89mm from Alixpress for around 20 aside. Be aware 100mm outer diameter will not fit the bumper cuts.

63mm is the closest fit, as the OE external diameter is 61mm. There is a bit of play but the clamps are strong enough to hold them well.

What I did with mine, as the tips are slitted, they compress when the clamp is tightened, I slightly cut the slits to make them even wider to give them more room for a better compression when clamped.

The quality of these exhaust tips is unreal. Titanium steel
Cheers for the info, just ordered some of these for mine
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2019, 11:09 AM   #8
APJ
Captain
APJ's Avatar
United Kingdom
208
Rep
662
Posts

Drives: F36 435d M Sport Plus
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Greater Manchester

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJJD View Post
I had 101mm (4") tips on my GC and they fitted fine
Think it depends on where you have obtained the rear diffuser from , mine came with the car, but its not a genuine part, i've jut ordered some 63/89's tailpipes to go on mine, but i have noticed even with those that a little bit of trimming will be required
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2019, 12:24 PM   #9
hilift
Private First Class
United Kingdom
72
Rep
185
Posts

Drives: 330d f31 msport
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: frozen wastes of east anglia

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I don't think you should worry about them coming off .as I have a pair of akropovic cans on my bike , fitted with similar style clamps .I be done 15,000 miles with no probs at all .
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2019, 12:28 PM   #10
APJ
Captain
APJ's Avatar
United Kingdom
208
Rep
662
Posts

Drives: F36 435d M Sport Plus
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Greater Manchester

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilift View Post
I don't think you should worry about them coming off .as I have a pair of akropovic cans on my bike , fitted with similar style clamps .I be done 15,000 miles with no probs at all .
Not worried about them coming off at all, i was talking about the space for the two tailpipes.

Though the hardest part will be to get the old tailpipes off, but we will get there eventually, even if i have to take them to my mate's garage.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2019, 03:01 PM   #11
hilift
Private First Class
United Kingdom
72
Rep
185
Posts

Drives: 330d f31 msport
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: frozen wastes of east anglia

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
1mm cutting disc on an angle grinder no bother .!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2019, 03:42 AM   #12
APJ
Captain
APJ's Avatar
United Kingdom
208
Rep
662
Posts

Drives: F36 435d M Sport Plus
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Greater Manchester

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilift View Post
1mm cutting disc on an angle grinder no bother .!!!


Not quite what i had in mind !!
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2019, 07:07 AM   #13
xpro
Lieutenant
130
Rep
428
Posts

Drives: 335XD
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Emerald

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by APJ View Post
Cheers for the info, just ordered some of these for mine
Nice one. Just hope you ordered 2 pieces as the photo is misleading in showing 2 pipes but you receive only 1 as I have discovered.( small print lol) So another 3 weeks of waiting for another pipe.

The OE tail pipes come of very easy, jut get some wood behind it and tap it gently with a hammer and they literately just slide off.

Good Luck
Appreciate 1
APJ208.00
      04-03-2019, 10:53 AM   #14
APJ
Captain
APJ's Avatar
United Kingdom
208
Rep
662
Posts

Drives: F36 435d M Sport Plus
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Greater Manchester

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpro View Post
Nice one. Just hope you ordered 2 pieces as the photo is misleading in showing 2 pipes but you receive only 1 as I have discovered.( small print lol) So another 3 weeks of waiting for another pipe.

The OE tail pipes come of very easy, jut get some wood behind it and tap it gently with a hammer and they literately just slide off.

Good Luck
Cheers, yes i did remember to order two, didn't think they's send two for the price it was showing, delivery was more expensive than a single pipe !!
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2019, 08:17 AM   #15
KTE
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
59
Rep
324
Posts

Drives: F32 435i
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Ordered the ones from the original link, will update when they arrived and attempt to fit.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2019, 02:08 PM   #16
APJ
Captain
APJ's Avatar
United Kingdom
208
Rep
662
Posts

Drives: F36 435d M Sport Plus
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Greater Manchester

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by APJ View Post
Think it depends on where you have obtained the rear diffuser from , mine came with the car, but its not a genuine part, i've jut ordered some 63/89's tailpipes to go on mine, but i have noticed even with those that a little bit of trimming will be required
Can't believe it, just waited a month for the two tailpipes to arrive and guess what they have sent me 68/73 by 89 tailpipes, so even fully clamped they still slide off . But now realised another problem that the 89 width will not fit side by side off my backbox, worked it out to be around 80 for each tailpipe for them to fit properly, ah well back to the drawing, but one thing i'm not doing is waiting another month for any replacements to arrive
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2019, 03:31 PM   #17
xpro
Lieutenant
130
Rep
428
Posts

Drives: 335XD
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Emerald

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by APJ View Post
Can't believe it, just waited a month for the two tailpipes to arrive and guess what they have sent me 68/73 by 89 tailpipes, so even fully clamped they still slide off . But now realised another problem that the 89 width will not fit side by side off my backbox, worked it out to be around 80 for each tailpipe for them to fit properly, ah well back to the drawing, but one thing i'm not doing is waiting another month for any replacements to arrive
Ah man thats shit buzz.. I also had to wait the second time round due to one 1 being dispatched..

Anyways, mine arrived and all fitted. So far so good.



Appreciate 0
      04-25-2019, 06:57 PM   #18
APJ
Captain
APJ's Avatar
United Kingdom
208
Rep
662
Posts

Drives: F36 435d M Sport Plus
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Greater Manchester

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpro View Post
Ah man thats shit buzz.. I also had to wait the second time round due to one 1 being dispatched..

Anyways, mine arrived and all fitted. So far so good.
Looking good there, my other other problem is, they are both on the left hand side, standard exhaust booo

Probably explains why the 89's wont fit side by side
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2019, 02:59 AM   #19
asif03
First Lieutenant
asif03's Avatar
United Kingdom
106
Rep
388
Posts

Drives: 2016 430d Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: West Midlands

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by APJ View Post
Looking good there, my other other problem is, they are both on the left hand side, standard exhaust booo

Probably explains why the 89's wont fit side by side
I've seen some twin exhaust style ones on AliExpress. See link - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2-Pi...hannel=twinner

A touch more expensive and I can't vouch for quality but I'd imagine they'll fit.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2019, 01:50 PM   #20
APJ
Captain
APJ's Avatar
United Kingdom
208
Rep
662
Posts

Drives: F36 435d M Sport Plus
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Greater Manchester

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asif03 View Post
I've seen some twin exhaust style ones on AliExpress. See link - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2-Pi...hannel=twinner

A touch more expensive and I can't vouch for quality but I'd imagine they'll fit.
Cheers, unfortunately though they wouldn't work as there are two pipes that come out of the back box not a single one
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2019, 02:14 PM   #21
asif03
First Lieutenant
asif03's Avatar
United Kingdom
106
Rep
388
Posts

Drives: 2016 430d Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: West Midlands

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by APJ View Post
Cheers, unfortunately though they wouldn't work as there are two pipes that come out of the back box not a single one
Ahh my bad!
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2019, 05:19 PM   #22
APJ
Captain
APJ's Avatar
United Kingdom
208
Rep
662
Posts

Drives: F36 435d M Sport Plus
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Greater Manchester

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asif03 View Post
Ahh my bad!
Its okay, just need to look for some that are 63 x 80, they should fit side by side
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
435 coupe, exhaust, exhaust 435i, exhaust tips

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:44 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST