F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Replica Bumper Help
GetBMWParts

06-18-2021, 10:11 PM   #23
Kailec
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigshooter View Post
I bought my front bumper locally (M3 style) without pdc (drilling the holes myself) and sort of with fog lights. It was local on eBay and $250. Brand new but touched.

The original owner must have tried to cut part of the fog bracket. It was advertised as non fog light, but when I got it, I saw that it was a fog light bumper however someone cut a piece of the bracket off. Most (2/3+) of the fog light bracket is there. Not sure if you looked at the pictures…. It's missing the inner most part of the thin vertical bracket. The thin vertical strap/piece of plastic. I can PP weld one back on but not sure if it's absolutely necessary. That's what I'm asking.

Option 1 - remove the rest of the fog light bracket moulded to bumper

Option 2 - repair by plastic welding in the piece of polypropylene that was removed
Do you have fog lights? Are they needed for where you live? If not I'd just get rid of them. I personally don't know how well they'd stay if you went with option 2.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2021, 07:51 AM   #24
bigshooter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328d xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kailec View Post
Quote:
I bought my front bumper locally (M3 style) without pdc (drilling the holes myself) and sort of with fog lights. It was local on eBay and $250. Brand new but touched.

The original owner must have tried to cut part of the fog bracket. It was advertised as non fog light, but when I got it, I saw that it was a fog light bumper however someone cut a piece of the bracket off. Most (2/3+) of the fog light bracket is there. Not sure if you looked at the pictures…. It's missing the inner most part of the thin vertical bracket. The thin vertical strap/piece of plastic. I can PP weld one back on but not sure if it's absolutely necessary. That's what I'm asking.

Option 1 - remove the rest of the fog light bracket moulded to bumper

Option 2 - repair by plastic welding in the piece of polypropylene that was removed
Do you have fog lights? Are they needed for where you live? If not I'd just get rid of them. I personally don't know how well they'd stay if you went with option 2.
I do have them. I rarely use them though. They came in handy driving to myrtle beach once through the night in the rain. We usually take the D on vacations for the gas mileage, which tends to be long drives
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2021, 05:55 PM   #25
Kailec
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I do have them. I rarely use them though. They came in handy driving to myrtle beach once through the night in the rain. We usually take the D on vacations for the gas mileage, which tends to be long drives
I see. Well up to you then. I don't know how strong the weld would be and I certainly wouldn't trust it to hold the lights against the wind. The fog lights screw into the brackets themselves so if the bracket cracks against the wind then your fog lights will start bouncing around in there. Up to you if you want to risk it.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2021, 06:49 PM   #26
bigshooter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Fellas, for the grilles in the front bumper… do I leave them non-painted matte black/dark grey, or do I paint them gloss black to match my kidney grille? I have the double slat grill. I'm torn.

If it makes any difference I'm doing carbon fiber lip, extensions, and diffuser all around
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2021, 01:52 PM   #27
bigshooter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I unwrapped my rear bumper today since my rear diffuser came in the mail. You definitely need to remove the rear bumper to clip on the CF diffusers. I can see what people mean in the posts that I've read. Need to be able to flex the bumper a bit. But it fits perfect and looks fantastic. It looks much better than I was expecting. I got it on AliExpress for $68 plus $40 shipping. It's not real CF but a CF look. Can't tell once it's on in my eyes. Delivered in about 1 week. Here's some pics of the replica bumper with CF look diffusers installed.

US $68.20 56% Off | MagicKit Carbon Fiber Look Rear Diffuser For BMW 3 Series F30 F31 M Sport Bumper 12-19
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOiMekN

Bumper - $142 w/ free shipping
Diffuser - $68 + $40 shipping
Paint - $350

Total for rear bumper + paint + diffuser = $600

Will post on the front bumper in the next couple days once I get my front lip in.

If anyone has a link to smoked rear reflectors. Let me know
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2021, 01:54 PM   #28
bigshooter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I unwrapped my rear bumper today since my rear diffuser came in the mail. You definitely need to remove the rear bumper to clip on the CF diffusers. I can see what people mean in the posts that I've read. Need to be able to flex the bumper a bit. But it fits perfect and looks fantastic. It looks much better than I was expecting. I got it on AliExpress for $68 plus $40 shipping. It's not real CF but a CF look. Can't tell once it's on in my eyes. Delivered in about 1 week. Here's some pics of the replica bumper with CF look diffusers installed.

US $68.20 56% Off | MagicKit Carbon Fiber Look Rear Diffuser For BMW 3 Series F30 F31 M Sport Bumper 12-19
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOiMekN

Bumper - $142 w/ free shipping
Diffuser - $68 + $40 shipping
Paint - $350

Total for rear bumper + paint + diffuser = $600

Will post on the front bumper in the next couple days once I get my front lip in.

If anyone has a link to smoked rear reflectors. Let me know
Here's some pics
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2021, 02:23 PM   #29
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328d xDrive

Garage List
I used innovativeautoparts on ebay because they had free shipping and good prices. Parts are from Taiwan so quality is good. They carry both the F30 "m-sport" style body panels and the "m-performance" style body panels (that come with the m performance style accessories) which is great.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_ssn...w=f30&_sacat=0
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2021, 10:44 PM   #30
bigshooter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewC1989 View Post
I used innovativeautoparts on ebay because they had free shipping and good prices. Parts are from Taiwan so quality is good. They carry both the F30 "m-sport" style body panels and the "m-performance" style body panels (that come with the m performance style accessories) which is great.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_ssn...0&_sacat=0
That is exactly what i have. Both front and rear. Different seller though. I consider buying from them but their prices are outrageous. Their bumper and the one I bought are the same. Both made by GoodGo in Taiwan. See the stamp in one of my pictures. Serious mark up on that seller.

If you don't go OEM, you want to find a GoodGo bumper. Fit is perfect. Identical to oem
Appreciate 1
AndrewC198910903.50
      06-30-2021, 07:58 AM   #31
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328d xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
That is exactly what i have. Both front and rear. Different seller though. I consider buying from them but their prices are outrageous. Their bumper and the one I bought are the same. Both made by GoodGo in Taiwan. See the stamp in one of my pictures. Serious mark up on that seller.

If you don't go OEM, you want to find a GoodGo bumper. Fit is perfect. Identical to oem
Definitely not an amazing deal, but I thought that the prices were fair comparatively speaking. If you look at the popular vendor websites that sell the msport body kit (r w carbon, mod bargains, etc) they're all going for more than $1000 plus shipping.
      06-30-2021, 12:27 PM   #32
Kailec
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Here's some pics
No pics shown. Also for the rear reflectors, have you considered having them painted? The shop can just paint them when they paint your rear bumper. That's what I did.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2021, 12:52 PM   #33
rcaso26
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i xdrive

Quote:
Fellas, for the grilles in the front bumper… do I leave them non-painted matte black/dark grey, or do I paint them gloss black to match my kidney grille? I have the double slat grill. I'm torn.

If it makes any difference I'm doing carbon fiber lip, extensions, and diffuser all around
I would leave the front bumper grilles as-is. I've been told that if you paint the bottom grilles gloss black it may flake off and look terrible. Just my 2 cents!
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2021, 07:16 PM   #34
bigshooter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Here's some pics
No pics shown. Also for the rear reflectors, have you considered having them painted? The shop can just paint them when they paint your rear bumper. That's what I did.
Hmmm. Idk what happened. Reuploaded them
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-30-2021, 07:21 PM   #35
bigshooter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Here's some pics
And here's it installed. Sorry my car is filthy. It was 95 degrees out so I just called it quits.

Still need to put on the front bumper and side skirts. Red reflectors ordered for the rear but will paint them BSM before installing. Either that or wrap them CF.

Front lip came in today. Extensions on the way.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
rcaso26331.00
      07-01-2021, 02:31 PM   #36
bigshooter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Side skirts installed this afternoon while I'm a conference call

Next up front bumper and lip, then steering wheel.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-01-2021, 03:09 PM   #37
Kailec
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
And here's it installed. Sorry my car is filthy. It was 95 degrees out so I just called it quits.

Still need to put on the front bumper and side skirts. Red reflectors ordered for the rear but will paint them BSM before installing. Either that or wrap them CF.

Looking good. Have you considered an exhaust upgrade? A 320 diffuser would've fit that diffuser better if not.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2021, 08:11 AM   #38
alex0607
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 & E60

Quote:
Pics of the $142 m sport rear bumper from eBay being test fit. Both the front and rear fit perfectly. Both were GoodGo brand. I'm aware of the solvent based primer and peeling.

Total cost for front and rear bumpers was $392. 2 body shops quotes $750 to paint both. Not installed. One of those is the shop which the local dealership uses. Another body shop quoted $500. Felt to good to be true. Would rather pay more knowing I'll get good paint job.

Still need:
- the M sport plastic wire harness/ heat shield thing for behind the rear bumper
- rear diffuser
- LED fog lights
- front lip for M3 replica bumper which is incredibly hard to find
- side skirt extensions

Very easy job removing / installing both bumpers. Hardest part was keeping headlight washer fluid from spilling everywhere after disconnecting the line.
I am currently doing the same install with the Mperformance bumpers. When you did yours, how tight was the rear PDC when inserted through the holes on the bumper? Were there some rooms or it was a tight fit? Mine is quite tight even before painting and was wondering if the paint will make the hole smaller or too small for the PDC to go through. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2021, 03:20 PM   #39
bigshooter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Looking good. Have you considered an exhaust upgrade? A 320 diffuser would've fit that diffuser better if not.
I'm not done yet. The kids limit the amount of time I have to work on my car. Hopefully I can get the rear bumper and steering wheel on tomorrow, exhaust tip and rear spoiler this week. For now I'm just putting on a dual h style exhaust tip.

I'm going to do egr, dpf, scr delete + tune after body work is done. I'll be hitting exhaust at that time. I think i have an exhaust tip from my old Volvo S60R that should fit. Dual 2.5" w/ mild slant cut to fit contour in stainless steel. I had full mandrel bend exhaust on it.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2021, 03:23 PM   #40
bigshooter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex0607 View Post
Quote:
Pics of the $142 m sport rear bumper from eBay being test fit. Both the front and rear fit perfectly. Both were GoodGo brand. I'm aware of the solvent based primer and peeling.

Total cost for front and rear bumpers was $392. 2 body shops quotes $750 to paint both. Not installed. One of those is the shop which the local dealership uses. Another body shop quoted $500. Felt to good to be true. Would rather pay more knowing I'll get good paint job.

Still need:
- the M sport plastic wire harness/ heat shield thing for behind the rear bumper
- rear diffuser
- LED fog lights
- front lip for M3 replica bumper which is incredibly hard to find
- side skirt extensions

Very easy job removing / installing both bumpers. Hardest part was keeping headlight washer fluid from spilling everywhere after disconnecting the line.
I am currently doing the same install with the Mperformance bumpers. When you did yours, how tight was the rear PDC when inserted through the holes on the bumper? Were there some rooms or it was a tight fit? Mine is quite tight even before painting and was wondering if the paint will make the hole smaller or too small for the PDC to go through. Thanks.
The holes are 18mm and they actually were a little tight. I drilled the front holes but the rear came pre drilled. There is a rubber "gasket" around the sensors that folds if you push in directly. I found that by spinning it back and forth during installation, it worked fine.

As for wire length, there's plenty to finagle it around but not enough to lay bumper on the ground with wire still attached.
Appreciate 1
      07-03-2021, 03:28 PM   #41
bigshooter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

And the diffuser was $68 + $40 shipping.

My goal was to build a heated nappa leather steering wheel for under $500 and full m kit for under $1500. As cheap as possible without any noticeable quality issues. Must look oem. Body shop thought the bumpers were OEM. They were stunned when I told them they were replicas. They fit like oem too
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2021, 03:31 PM   #42
bigshooter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Front lip came in last night. So I unwrapped the front bumper to see how the lip is gonna look and pop on the grilles. Can't complain for $33! Carbon fiber look. Feels pretty solid. Looks fantastic. Can't wait to put it on.

Think I'm going to leave the grilles unpainted for now.

Also going to go with fog delete for time being
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-03-2021, 09:24 PM   #43
alex0607
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 & E60

Quote:
The holes are 18mm and they actually were a little tight. I drilled the front holes but the rear came pre drilled. There is a rubber "gasket" around the sensors that folds if you push in directly. I found that by spinning it back and forth during installation, it worked fine.

As for wire length, there's plenty to finagle it around but not enough to lay bumper on the ground with wire still attached.
Ok. Thank you very much for the info. I am almost done with my front bumper install as well. After that its taking them off and having them sprayed. Will share some photos here if that's alright.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2021, 12:13 AM   #44
bigshooter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex0607 View Post
Quote:

Ok. Thank you very much for the info. I am almost done with my front bumper install as well. After that its taking them off and having them sprayed. Will share some photos here if that's alright.
FYI. By a little tight, I don't mean drill a bigger hole. Almost positive 18mm is the correct size. They fit snug.
Appreciate 0