F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > 2012 F30 sale queries
ARMA SPEED

10-30-2018, 06:22 AM   #23
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep
Drives: Eiger D5

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmedman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MashinBenzin View Post
Just noticed the MOT date. Stick a new ticket on it, most buyers will want the comfort of the best part of a year rather than a couple of months
I was just thinking about this. Didn't realise the year was almost gone. Its November already. Damn.
I have to sort the MOT out. Booked with Halfords for this Friday. They are the cheapest I could find.
Thanks.
IIRC correctly my sale went the same. I'd overlooked the importance of the MOT.

First guy that looked at it made me an offer that was about £250 below asking, on the condition that I put an mot on it. I did that and the cheeky sod then tried to chip me further for a scratch. I told him that was the end of our deal and the next day sold it for the asking price, possibly thanks to the new mot.

Drives - 2020 LR Discovery HSE-L
Previous - 2019 LR Discovery HSE-L // 2016 F36 440i // 2009 E90 320D SE
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2018, 06:28 AM   #24
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Comp

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Just noticed the MOT date. Stick a new ticket on it, most buyers will want the comfort of the best part of a year rather than a couple of months
I was just thinking about this. Didn't realise the year was almost gone. Its November already. Damn.
I have to sort the MOT out. Booked with Halfords for this Friday. They are the cheapest I could find.
Thanks.
IIRC correctly my sale went the same. I'd overlooked the importance of the MOT.

First guy that looked at it made me an offer that was about £250 below asking, on the condition that I put an mot on it. I did that and the cheeky sod then tried to chip me further for a scratch. I told him that was the end of our deal and the next day sold it for the asking price, possibly thanks to the new mot.
Yea. Patience always pays off.

Now that I think about it, i would go for a car that has a longer MOT left than one that has only a few months. Especially if the car is closer to 10 grand. Selling a car is not easy.
Appreciate 1
      10-30-2018, 06:32 AM   #25
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr August Schmidhuber View Post
Quote:
Hi guys/gals

I'm planning on selling my 2012 F30. Have an offer price of £9048 from Evans Halshaw. I have the mosconi Gladen system with the Gladen one amp (no dsp), front mids, tweeters and underseats. An audio installer is offering to remove the system and put back my base system for £240.
I guess the reason for posting here is to ask if it's worth doing the "factory reset" or should I sell it to the dealer as is. I am thinking the audio system would be worth some £££ on eBay?
I have tried private sale but no luck so far.
Some feedback on Evans Halshaw. My son sold his Audi A1 to them last week. Best price by a few hundred £. Although he had four curbed alloys, they gave him the full price.

Recommended.
Thanks for letting me know.

I have an appointment this evening at 5pm with them. Will report here how it goes.

Did your son get the payment same day or it took a while?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2018, 07:36 AM   #26
Sasquartch
Major
Rep
Drives: 520i G30

Be careful with "cheap" MOTs from Halfords

In my experience absolute con men, failed on brakes on my old E39 even though I knew they were fine. Passed at another garage. They will always try to fail it on something that they can conveniently fix.
Appreciate 1
madmedman275.00
      10-30-2018, 08:17 AM   #27
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquartch View Post

In my experience absolute con men, failed on brakes on my old E39 even though I knew they were fine. Passed at another garage. They will always try to fail it on something that they can conveniently fix.
Oh. I didn't know that. I had my last MOT from them because they were more than half the price of other garages. Appointment is this Friday and already paid for
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2018, 09:48 AM   #28
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Oh. I didn't know that. I had my last MOT from them because they were more than half the price of other garages. Appointment is this Friday and already paid for
The MOT I mentioned above was at a Halfords auto centre - they initially failed it on handbrake. I said you can adjust that, they said no the discs are too worn. We had a bit of a discussion, they adjusted it and it passed.

Stand your ground on any silly buggers on their behalf would be my advice. Ask to be shown the issue and explain that you will get a second opinion (ie another test) elsewhere if they can't do anything. Stay friendly and calm, but the unsaid implication is that they need to be 100% sure that they are not faking a failure.

It's an MOT so as long as you know your car is in good fettle there is not much they can try and fleece you on.

Appreciate 0
      10-30-2018, 01:50 PM   #29
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The MOT I mentioned above was at a Halfords auto centre - they initially failed it on handbrake. I said you can adjust that, they said no the discs are too worn. We had a bit of a discussion, they adjusted it and it passed.

Stand your ground on any silly buggers on their behalf would be my advice. Ask to be shown the issue and explain that you will get a second opinion (ie another test) elsewhere if they can't do anything. Stay friendly and calm, but the unsaid implication is that they need to be 100% sure that they are not faking a failure.

It's an MOT so as long as you know your car is in good fettle there is not much they can try and fleece you on.
I just got an offer of £8700 from Evan Halshaw in Stockport.
They really liked the car and said the only reason they are offering less is because my car is an import.

It's an import from Ireland which I originally exported from U.K. to Ireland and then back to U.K.

Every potential buyer has been asking me about the import status. I guess I should bite the bullet and sell it to Evan Halshaw.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2018, 01:54 PM   #30
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Is there any way I can just unplug the aftermarket amp so it doesn't go to waste?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2018, 02:02 PM   #31
kitster
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31 M Sport

Quote:

They might not be the cheapest but I use the local council's car service, who service all of the boroughs cars/vans. I like them as they have no/little incentive to fail you, unlike some cowboy outfit looking to make some money off you.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2018, 02:45 PM   #32
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitster View Post
Quote:

They might not be the cheapest but I use the local council's car service, who service all of the boroughs cars/vans. I like them as they have no/little incentive to fail you, unlike some cowboy outfit looking to make some money off you.
That sounds like a great idea! I'd previously had all my MOTs for free at Rybrook, just went with Halfords as the only ones that could fit in at short notice. I kind of knew it would be trouble!

Appreciate 0
      10-30-2018, 05:25 PM   #33
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F10

Hey.. EH offer is pretty reasonable.

Just out of interest, how much were private buyers offering?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2018, 05:26 PM   #34
Private First Class
Rep

Forgot to add, most fools like myself would not even look at anything other than at least an m sport.
Appreciate 1
madmedman275.00
      10-31-2018, 07:42 AM   #35
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5557223 View Post
Hey.. EH offer is pretty reasonable.

Just out of interest, how much were private buyers offering?
Hi. I had an offers of 8700 which I didn't take. I also got one for 9300. But the guy never got back to me when I said I can take this offer.

Cheers.

You're right on the m sport bit. I just got this one due to the specs. Did not know anything about BMWs back then. But if I get another BMW it would definitely be an M Sport.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2018, 10:02 AM   #36
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks, reason I asked is I always encourage potential buyers to take a look at the car before making an offer and tell them I'm flexible with price within reason.

I think they just want to offer a starting price for negotiation and then reduce it further when come to view.
Appreciate 0