F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > [90% complete] [USB AND STEREO BT WORKING!] DIY HU_NBT Retrofit
proTUNING Freaks

01-17-2014, 11:09 AM   #243
delecz
Enlisted Member
Denmark
Rep
Drives: BMW 4 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by steddyman View Post
I think it is the other way around that is the problem. Mine is a 2014 spec car with a 2013 spec NBT. So the FA option 609 expects Touch to be present and programs the settings in the VO as such for the NBT. I need to disable them to see if it works.

I came from HU_Entry, so have a No Nav controller, which works just fine with the NBT. However the Standard (not Touch) Nav controller will not work at all.
I'm exactly where you are. I got a 2014 spec car as well and my problem too is precisely as yours
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2014, 11:16 AM   #244
steddyman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 330D M-Sport Auto

Yeah the ZBE disappears for me too when I plug the Nav controller in. It's like it is completely incompatible.

Definitely seems to be the issue with the car Spec. If you look back a few pages Shawn suggests a fix by setting for ZBE_TOUCH settings in the ZBE. Try FDL coding the NBT to change this, then swap over the controller. You will probably have to then shutdown the car and power it back up.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2014, 01:19 PM   #245
steve@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Hong Kong
Rep

Drives: 2020 G20 320i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Yeah the ZBE disappears for me too when I plug the Nav controller in. It's like it is completely incompatible.

Definitely seems to be the issue with the car Spec. If you look back a few pages Shawn suggests a fix by setting for ZBE_TOUCH settings in the ZBE. Try FDL coding the NBT to change this, then swap over the controller. You will probably have to then shutdown the car and power it back up.
I guess that confirms that it's a problem for 2014 spec'd vehicles using a 2013 spec'd NBT. 1lyfe also has entry but his car is a 10/12 build and he was able to swap out his non-nav controller for the CIC non-touch controller without any sort of modification or coding when he installed my 2014 NBT into his car.
Online Store | Remote Coding Package| ID6 Retrofit for almost all F Chassis BMWs

Last edited by steve@codemybimmer; 01-17-2014 at 01:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2014, 08:24 AM   #246
VitaminXX
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW E39 525i

Where did you get the connector harness? I also do not like to cut the wire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungming View Post
I got my emulator for USD40 and it works perfectly, also I have bought a connector harness so I don't have to cut my original wires, I just plug and play my current to my own harness
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2014, 09:32 AM   #247
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaminXX View Post
Where did you get the connector harness? I also do not like to cut the wire.
They usually go for around USD$350 on ebay whenever it's available and it's about $499 - $599 at Bimmer-tech or Bimmerretrofit.
Online Store | Remote Coding Package| ID6 Retrofit for almost all F Chassis BMWs
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2014, 12:23 PM   #248
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Hey steddyman,

Since yours is a 2014 model, you should have a telematiks combox in the trunk; does your BMW Assist still work with the NBT?

Just curious.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2014, 02:12 PM   #249
steddyman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

There is no Combox in the trunk on the UK spec F30 wih Hu_entry. I checked for that before ordering the NBT.

Help! I changed the bimmertech emulator today for another one and it worked at first then a few hours later the screen refused to come on. I removed the emulator and it worked again, suspect the cabling splicing is wrong.

However I have a big problem. Somehow on both my emulators I have managed to break of the end of the plastic tab which holds the MOST cable in place. I can't find a way now of holding that cable in so I have no sound and no comms to the Kombi. Can anyone thing of a way I can hold this in place? What is the name of that cable harness and do all the cables come out of it easily?

Appreciate 0
      01-18-2014, 02:51 PM   #250
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
There is no Combox in the trunk on the UK spec F30 wih Hu_entry. I checked for that before ordering the NBT.

Help! I changed the bimmertech emulator today for another one and it worked at first then a few hours later the screen refused to come on. I removed the emulator and it worked again, suspect the cabling splicing is wrong.

However I have a big problem. Somehow on both my emulators I have managed to break of the end of the plastic tab which holds the MOST cable in place. I can't find a way now of holding that cable in so I have no sound and no comms to the Kombi. Can anyone thing of a way I can hold this in place? What is the name of that cable harness and do all the cables come out of it easily?

Ouch, maybe you can try using some putty to see if it can hold it in place. I'm not sure how you can get a hold of those plastic connectors since they're proprietary.

Where did you get this second emulator?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2014, 04:18 PM   #251
steddyman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks, will try some blutack.

I got it from a seller on eBay. I have contacted him and he has generously agreed to send me a replacement connector, since the ground wire had come of the Emulator so I will need to resolder it.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2014, 06:10 PM   #252
muzo178
Swiss Army Knife
Turkey
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Sport Line

Quote:

Sugru works great for holding/fastening stuff btw. If you've never tried it, give is a shot. http://sugru.com/
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2014, 09:07 PM   #253
VitaminXX
Enlisted Member
Rep

When you firstly changed another emulator, did your CIC controller work?

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      01-18-2014, 09:32 PM   #254
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
When you firstly changed another emulator, did your CIC controller work?
Just curious, your VIN says that you have 6NS (Convenience Smartphone). Is that a Telematics combox or a Combox Media?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2014, 03:46 AM   #255
steddyman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Sugru looks cool. Will give some of that a go. Thanks.

Vitaminxx: if you mean the iDrive controller, the none Nav controller has always worked. The Nav controller has never worked with to without emulators
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2014, 06:26 AM   #256
VitaminXX
Enlisted Member
Rep

I am not pretty sure about this. Guess it is Telematics combox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aritaurus View Post
Just curious, your VIN says that you have 6NS (Convenience Smartphone). Is that a Telematics combox or a Combox Media?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2014, 06:27 AM   #257
VitaminXX
Enlisted Member
Rep

So you still use your original iDirve controller?

Quote:
Sugru looks cool. Will give some of that a go. Thanks.

Vitaminxx: if you mean the iDrive controller, the none Nav controller has always worked. The Nav controller has never worked with to without emulators
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2014, 07:23 AM   #258
steddyman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
So you still use your original iDirve controller?
Yes, I am at the moment. Works fine.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2014, 07:50 AM   #259
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yes, I am at the moment. Works fine.
The only thing is that I don't think you can tilt with the non-nav controller and you have two less buttons.

If you decide to retrofit the touch pad, let me know how that goes as I'm thinking about retrofitting that too for myself.

I think you're lucky that you don't get SOS and Teleservices in the UK for 2014 models otherwise this would have been even more complicated since you would have to run the cables from the combox to the front just like I had to in addition to all the trouble you already went through.

Last edited by steve@codemybimmer; 01-19-2014 at 08:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2014, 08:07 AM   #260
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I am not pretty sure about this. Guess it is Telematics combox
I think you have a combox media since you don't have BMW Assist or SOS call on your VIN.

Next time you open the trunk, remove the carpet lining and tell me what's plugged into the combox. There should be a black HSD cable and a Beige one; the black is the USB and the Beige is AUX on the left side. On the right side, you should see a white connector with a green latch and that's where the bluetooth MIC and a bunch of other fiber cables are connected to and there should also be a black MOST connector.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2014, 10:06 AM   #261
nima
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 320d M Sport

Garage List
Hello guys,

I have upgraded mine from basic unit to NBT and non of the trip and service information shows up now, also can't set time on NBT unit.

We have connected my f30 to BMW tech station which were reporting replace the unit, funny the way bmw discourage BMW owner to not to retrofit unless there is profit for them, like i just seen they are adverting for retrofit DAB radio for £299.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2014, 10:13 AM   #262
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nima View Post
Hello guys,

I have upgraded mine from basic unit to NBT and non of the trip and service information shows up now, also can't set time on NBT unit.

We have connected my f30 to BMW tech station which were reporting replace the unit, funny the way bmw discourage BMW owner to not to retrofit unless there is profit for them, like i just seen they are adverting for retrofit DAB radio for £299.
Are you using an emulator? If so, you need to move the most optical cable from the original connector over to the emulator.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2014, 11:10 AM   #263
nima
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 320d M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aritaurus View Post
Are you using an emulator? If so, you need to move the most optical cable from the original connector over to the emulator.
Hi Aritaurus,

thank you for your reply.

I'm not using any emulator, neither my car has any optical fibre that I'm aware of or seen while i was replacing the unit.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2014, 11:15 AM   #264
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nima View Post
Hi Aritaurus,

thank you for your reply.

I'm not using any emulator, neither my car has any optical fibre that I'm aware of or seen while i was replacing the unit.
Hmm, on the block connector that goes into the NBT, is there a cable that looks like this? It has an LED on it and it should light up at the end.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOST-Cable-f...170504&vxp=mtr
Appreciate 0