F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Is programming a new CA Key fob at the dealer necessary?
Studio RSR

02-13-2019, 06:34 PM   #1
BeastMode335i
Maximus Decimus Meridius
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Is programming a new CA Key fob at the dealer necessary?

So being on this platform for about seven years now, I realize that the dealer will tell us a lot of things are proprietary to them when in reality they can be done at home with a few simple steps.. that being the case, I just bought a brand new key fob for my 2013 f30 that has comfort access, and in following the multiple different instructions that I found across the internet and YouTube I just cannot get this thing to sync.. After the remote not detected message pops up another message pops up saying hold keyfob to steering column which tells me that the car recognizes there's a new key fob, but I've held it up to the side of the steering column vertically, perpendicularly, backwards, etc.. All with no luck.. the dealer told me when I bought it today that it should function normally it just wouldn't have any comfort access functionality unless I programmed it at the dealer.. In trying to avoid spending another $150 I figured I would just put up with no comfort access until I found an alternate way to program the remote, however it seems that nothing I'm doing is working.. Just curious if programming at BMW is really my only option to get this thing working or could I use ista, esys, etc and do it myself?

Thanks .
Appreciate 0