F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > MPPSK installed, I want this car for the rest of my life
proTUNING Freaks

10-06-2021, 02:00 AM   #45
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by EstorilF30B58 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owz88 View Post
Out of curiosity, why are US dealerships charging such insane prices for MPPSK fitting? I paid £1700 out the door with carbon tips a year ago which google suggests is ~$2300...

The UK dealerships here were all charging the same sort of price and seemed to be fully aware that there are a limited number of vehicles that they will be able to fit them on going forwards (2018 onwards with the PPF are not compatible) so i'd assume they'd be far more open to a good deal on something they may end up taking up inventory that they can't fit in the future.

It was a steal at £1700 and worth every penny, at $4000/£2900 I would have had to think about it a little longer and may have looked at non-OEM options... it is amazing though as everyone else has said.
If MPPSK is manufactured in Germany then perhaps export import costs overseas cause the price increase?
Actually it is manufactured in the UK
      10-06-2021, 04:28 AM   #46
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by quixotemi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnung View Post
Watch this video for comparison between B58 stock, MPPK and BootMod3 Stage1 tunes. Don't waste your money with BMW's aftermarket offering when an AWE exhaust with BootMod3 Stage1 tune is so superior and much less expensive.

Tune Dyno Comparisons

AWE Exhaust
1. No factory warranty.
2. BMW has smart people and they think this is how the engine should be tuned.
3. It comes down to who you trust. I can only afford one car.

As a side note, BM3 with the AWE exhaust:
1. Exhaust with carbon fiber tips (https://www.kiesmotorsports.com/coll...29487069921395) = $2194
2. BM3 tune (https://www.kiesmotorsports.com/prod...f59e&_ss=r) = $595

== $2789 + labor... or I can go with MPPSK from BMW for $3500 out the door, with the above benefits of my warranty and reliability.
FYI- you jacked up the price on the AWE by $900 in your comparison by choosing the AWE midpipe and the most expensive tips.

The AWE axle-back exhaust is as low as $1,295 for the B58. Most guys don't install the AWE midpipe unless they are looking for very loud. Even guys that I know who like very loud put their stock midpipe back on to appease wives and neighbors.

I've got the BMW M Performance Exhaust which happened to be on my car when I bought it. It's a great exhaust. (Oh, expect the exhaust valve clip to have to be replaced about once a year) But of all of the BMW exhausts that I've actually heard at car show events, etc. the AWE sounds the best. It has a full deep sound that others just don't have.
Appreciate 1
      10-06-2021, 05:29 AM   #47
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep

So... just to be clear:
You are now actually comparing a cat-back exhaust with an axle-back exhaust...!?
And then throw in another axle-back in the equation, just for the sake of it?

Yeah... that comparison went down like a lead balloon.
      10-06-2021, 06:48 AM   #48
quixotemi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i

Quote:
FYI- you jacked up the price on the AWE by $900 in your comparison by choosing the AWE midpipe and the most expensive tips.

The AWE axle-back exhaust is as low as $1,295 for the B58. Most guys don't install the AWE midpipe unless they are looking for very loud. Even guys that I know who like very loud put their stock midpipe back on to appease wives and neighbors.

I've got the BMW M Performance Exhaust which happened to be on my car when I bought it. It's a great exhaust. (Oh, expect the exhaust valve clip to have to be replaced about once a year) But of all of the BMW exhausts that I've actually heard at car show events, etc. the AWE sounds the best. It has a full deep sound that others just don't have.
The MPPSK is a full catback with a new midpipe so we have to compare them equally if we're looking at AWE. And the $3,500 is with the carbon fiber tips. Now thats with a discount from the dealership, though. Depending on your negotiation skills your milage may vary.

I'm not knocking either choice. Its other peoples time and money. But when watching that video it is a bit disingenuous as they don't talk about all the benefits MPPSK gives you.

GetBMWParts will sell you the kit for $3,050 (carbon fiber tips and all): https://www.getbmwparts.com/oem-part...it-11122444531

Obviously you can't do your own tune if you get the kit from GetBMWParts, however its an indicator how commonly they are discounted.

Last edited by quixotemi; 10-06-2021 at 06:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2021, 08:01 PM   #49
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

The MPPSK is a full catback with a new midpipe so we have to compare them equally if we're looking at AWE. And the $3,500 is with the carbon fiber tips. Now thats with a discount from the dealership, though. Depending on your negotiation skills your milage may vary.

I'm not knocking either choice. Its other peoples time and money. But when watching that video it is a bit disingenuous as they don't talk about all the benefits MPPSK gives you.

GetBMWParts will sell you the kit for $3,050 (carbon fiber tips and all): https://www.getbmwparts.com/oem-part...it-11122444531

Obviously you can't do your own tune if you get the kit from GetBMWParts, however its an indicator how commonly they are discounted.
I already told you why it's not an equal comparison of the AWE has its midpipe because it's so much louder. It's not a practical comparison
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2021, 01:46 AM   #50
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep

The AWE is louder WITH midpipe than MPPSK without, which, with valves open, is practically a straight pipe!?

Something keeps telling me you don't know MPPSK at all and just compare the price tags (as many others). It is not difficult to conclude there are cheaper options. There are also equivalent options. But again - not cheap and equivalent at the same time.

The closest thing to the MPPSK exhaust is Akrapovic Evo. And it's price (without any tune and warranty retention) is not far off.

Last edited by Skyhigh; 10-07-2021 at 03:40 AM..
Appreciate 2
Swappy531.50
      10-07-2021, 05:56 PM   #51
AllaVodka
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW B58

I'm waiting for a (hopeful) black friday sale to get mine!
Appreciate 1
MTTH232.50
      10-14-2021, 06:50 AM   #52
steveindabmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i Xdrive M-Sport

I got mine when my car was nearly new as I wanted my warranty intact.

I got mine from Sun Motor Cars BMW in Mechanicsburg PA. It was the cheapest i could find and they were only an 1:30 from me.

Email them for a quote.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 10:35 AM   #53
MicroSux
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: MB SLK55, BMW 340i MPPSK

MPPSK

I also ordered mine from Brian at Sun Motors. No tax and shipped it for free. The one thing I will add is my local didn’t like that I saved $1500 by purchasing it elsewhere and they were reluctant to install it. Love love love my MPPSK on my 2017 340i Lux Line.
2008 MB SLK55AMG
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 10:48 AM   #54
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hxngs View Post
I want the exhaust so bad but I do not want the tune smh
you can get the MPE but it's not as good. btw the tune is awesome you will not regret the extra low end torque and overall power increase and it's reliable power with the same fuel economy.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 11:04 AM   #55
Randy Johnson
M340i
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i

Garage List
2021 BMW M340i  [10.00]
I'm sure the power and sound are nice but I just can't see that price tag. Maybe if I found a used bmw with the mppk already installed it would be worth it but not after the fact. Enjoy the improved ride.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2021, 05:59 PM   #56
quixotemi
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardate View Post
I hear you. It took me about 8 months of contemplating doing this mod to finally pull the plug.

$3500 installed with carbon fiber tips is actually one of the better pricing I've seen.

If you are keeping the car longer term and would like to make it a little more special then I thing it's worth it. If you are not going to keep it for long then I would say don't do it as you might not be able to get all of that expense when trading or selling.
You where right! Got it today and absolutely love it! Except I think the dealership now hates me as I kept haggling and haggling and haggling... finally they got me out the door for $2,000 with installation, tax, and the carbon fiber tips
Attached Images

Last edited by quixotemi; 11-23-2021 at 07:28 PM..
Appreciate 3
aardate193.50
CajunBMW1288.50
Samir72433.00
      11-23-2021, 07:20 PM   #57
aardate
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X4MC

Quote:
Quote:
I hear you. It took me about 8 months of contemplating doing this mod to finally pull the plug.

$3500 installed with carbon fiber tips is actually one of the better pricing I've seen.

If you are keeping the car longer term and would like to make it a little more special then I thing it's worth it. If you are not going to keep it for long then I would say don't do it as you might not be able to get all of that expense when trading or selling.
You where right! Got it today and absolutely love it! Except I think the dealership now hates me as I kept haggling and haggling and haggling... finally they got me out the door for $2,000 out the door with installation, tax, and the carbon fiber tips
Haha. That's awesome! You got it for a steal enjoy it
Appreciate 1
      11-24-2021, 07:11 AM   #58
BingoTheClown
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i: RIP '18 440i MPPSK

$3500 is a great price! $2k is incredible!

I was quoted $5k for parts, install and coding at my local dealer, 2 weeks ago. That's a no go for me. $3,500 would be worth it for me.

Quote:
I finally got MPPSK installed and I am blown away. This system is amazing. I'm so glad I can make it quieter by going into comfort or eco. The sound is unbelievably loud, the whole street echos with pops and crackles. And it does it when I want (downshifting to m1, makes insane sounds)

This is everything I've wanted from a car. Great power comes with great responsibility. If I couldn't close the valves I would've been screwed.

This is 110% worth it. Got it for $3500 cad all in
Appreciate 1
      11-24-2021, 09:23 AM   #59
CajunBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i and X1, Chrysler Van

Quote:
Quote:

You where right! Got it today and absolutely love it! Except I think the dealership now hates me as I kept haggling and haggling and haggling... finally they got me out the door for $2,000 with installation, tax, and the carbon fiber tips
Looks great. That is exactly what I got and did. The CF tips and put the sticker right on the engine cover in rough the same spot. Enjoy the MPPSK.
Appreciate 1
      11-27-2021, 03:32 PM   #60
Rdurty2
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Quote:
This is 110% worth it. Got it for $3500 cad all in
How in the world did you pay $3500 cad for it installed?! That’s around 2700 USD. I don’t even think I can get it installed for $3500 USD. What you paid is crazy!
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2021, 08:43 PM   #61
WDE82
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 440iGC F36

Quote:
I don't even see how this is possible. Did you fake a slip and fall in the lobby? You get some photos of the manager grabbing ass at work?
      11-29-2021, 01:10 PM   #62
jhm5
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i, 440i, Z4 MR, 2002

Quote:
Funny. I want the tune, but not the exhaust maybe. Anyone have it on a manual tranny? I'm concerned about droning exhaust at normal cruising speed.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 01:39 PM   #63
quixotemi
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDE82 View Post
I don't even see how this is possible. Did you fake a slip and fall in the lobby? You get some photos of the manager grabbing ass at work?
Haha not at all. Just kept checking in every 1-2 weeks. I started talking to them about three months ago and just kept at it. I think they were trying to earn a little more for this month so I might've been just at the right place-right time. Plus I think it helped that I bought the car from them back in March as CPO.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 01:42 PM   #64
CajunBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhm5 View Post
Quote:
Funny. I want the tune, but not the exhaust maybe. Anyone have it on a manual tranny? I'm concerned about droning exhaust at normal cruising speed.
There is no drone in comfort mode at any speed, at least none that I can hear. If you put it in sport mode, the only drone I have noted is somewhere around 1600-1800 rpms. I don't think it is horrible and don't really notice it anymore. But mostly I run in comfort out on the highways. The power is still there and if you floor it the valves do open at 3K or 4K RPMs. Hope that helps.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 04:14 PM   #65
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep

The valves open at 4000.
There is a slight drone around 2000 rpm in comfort. Not extreme but appreciable. Only there though.
      11-29-2021, 05:23 PM   #66
CajunBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhigh View Post
The valves open at 4000.
There is a slight drone around 2000 rpm in comfort. Not extreme but appreciable. Only there though.
That is interesting that you note a drone in comfort. On my car, I don't hear any drone in comfort at the noted rpms, but if I go to sport then yes at those rpms. It is really an immediate drone if I switch from comfort to sport and try to keep the same rpms. I just find that if I use sport with the gear shift moved to the left that solves that drone issue on my car (since the rpms are just a bit higher). Sport+ also eliminates the drone for the same reason. So me there has never really been a drone issue, which of course means I am still super happy with the mppsk.
Appreciate 1
Swappy531.50