F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > xDrive All-Wheel Drive Discussions > XDelete- the answer to XDrive?
GetBMWParts

Today, 07:38 AM   #507
antzcrashing
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 440i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laros1988 View Post
So.. improved fuel economy: myth or truth? It has been mentioned many times here (and also asked about..). Is there someone that measured fuel consumption before and after turning it off via the app?
I would doubt that it would help fuel econ because you are always just driving one wheel (either allowed to be any ie awd or allowed to be rear) and the software doesnt change the fact that the car has the additional and heavier awd drive components for the front. If anything I would expect it to be negligible at best if driving the rear wheels is more efficient because you are resisting the corning friction/forces less. But I will let others weigh in with data or counterpoints
Appreciate 0
      Today, 10:14 AM   #508
FaRKle!
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 328d Wagon, '21 M2 Comp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laros1988 View Post
So.. improved fuel economy: myth or truth? It has been mentioned many times here (and also asked about..). Is there someone that measured fuel consumption before and after turning it off via the app?
Complete myth. I record every fill up and when I averaged the RWD tanks vs AWD tanks the value was the exact same to the second decimal point (I was surprised by that).

Please don't PM me for suspension recommendations unless interested in paid private consultations.
Appreciate 1
Skyhigh858.50

Today, 10:28 AM   #509
Skyhigh
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW F36

Physics would be invalidated as a science if it was not a myth