F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Boost Control Options
Extreme Powerhouse

05-30-2019, 12:17 PM   #23
E90ROXS
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by B58 View Post
As far as I know, MHD back end flash + JB4 has the lead on making the most power with just E40 and a intake. I haven't seen a flash produce almost 470whp with a stock down-pipe. It's a very underrated setup as we all know MHD + JB4 still holds the record for the fastest N54's. Piggybacks like JB4 aren't junk because of throttle closures and such that's due to the stock DME limitations and I can reassure you that no longer exists with my current setup and it never has even prior to flashing with the BEF. If you really think about it.... JB4 is pretty damn good for being able to control boost, boost by gear, custom boost target map, valet mode, fuel pressure crash safety map, meth fail safe, and meth control. What more can you ask for paying $500 or around $300 for a used one?

Currently running the MHD BEF + JB4, E40, catless DP, BMS intake, and 100% meth injection and I'm almost certain it's at 500whp with only 19-20 psi. I did not dyno the car because I'm installing a Pure stage 1 this weekend and I'll be making a DIY video for those that plan on doing it later on
Thank you for the DIY sir!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2019, 12:36 PM   #24
B58
Major
Rep
Drives: 922 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90ROXS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by B58 View Post
As far as I know, MHD back end flash + JB4 has the lead on making the most power with just E40 and a intake. I haven't seen a flash produce almost 470whp with a stock down-pipe. It's a very underrated setup as we all know MHD + JB4 still holds the record for the fastest N54's. Piggybacks like JB4 aren't junk because of throttle closures and such that's due to the stock DME limitations and I can reassure you that no longer exists with my current setup and it never has even prior to flashing with the BEF. If you really think about it.... JB4 is pretty damn good for being able to control boost, boost by gear, custom boost target map, valet mode, fuel pressure crash safety map, meth fail safe, and meth control. What more can you ask for paying $500 or around $300 for a used one?

Currently running the MHD BEF + JB4, E40, catless DP, BMS intake, and 100% meth injection and I'm almost certain it's at 500whp with only 19-20 psi. I did not dyno the car because I'm installing a Pure stage 1 this weekend and I'll be making a DIY video for those that plan on doing it later on
Thank you for the DIY sir!!!!!
Working on it.... sorta tough because the battery ran out while I was removing the turbo haha, but it's pretty straight forward and easy.... it's not the greatest DIY video, but it's better then nothing and it will give you a more clear vision swapping out the turbo.
      02-05-2024, 04:46 PM   #25
coryjoon
Rep
Drives: Honda 2000

hese can be electronic or manual and allow you to adjust the boost level independently of your ECU tune. They are usually more affordable than a JB4 and offer a straightforward approach to boost management.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2024, 12:12 AM   #26
B58
Major
Rep
Drives: 922 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by coryjoon View Post
hese can be electronic or manual and allow you to adjust the boost level independently of your ECU tune. They are usually more affordable than a JB4 and offer a straightforward approach to boost management.
5 year old dead thread
pauli18c211.00