F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Front sway bars
GetBMWParts

09-23-2019, 03:26 PM   #1
McLaren720s
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Competition X

Front sway bars

Are there any downsides (performance or otherwise) to upgrading only the front sway bar in an effort to tighten up the front and reduce understeer?

Or is it better to have both front and rear done at the same time?

F36 with XDrive.

Last edited by McLaren720s; 09-23-2019 at 04:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 04:04 PM   #2
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
With our Macpherson strut cars a bigger front bar is a good idea as it prevents camber loss. I'd give it a go (and would've had it done by now if it weren't for the clowns at UUC...).

The downside is less suspension independence, but if you're only driving street that might not matter a whole lot.

Please don't PM me for suspension recommendations unless interested in paid private consultations.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2019, 04:19 PM   #3
McLaren720s
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Competition X

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post
With our Macpherson strut cars a bigger front bar is a good idea as it prevents camber loss. I'd give it a go (and would've had it done by now if it weren't for the clowns at UUC...).

The downside is less suspension independence, but if you're only driving street that might not matter a whole lot.
I am going to hit the track occasionally starting next spring. Not trying to have the most amazing perfect setup out there or set any lap records, but would like a sharper setup.

Is it better to just wait and do both front and rear at the same time? I’m afraid the labor alone for the rear is going to be close to 1k but I still have to check with my shop. And I want to do the KMAC Monoball setup as well.