F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Black car owners
proTUNING Freaks

07-22-2023, 05:01 AM   #1
sensible
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 420i M-Sport Gran Coupe

Black car owners

I bought Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Acrylic Black Wax a while ago and have been using it to wax my car. It is black in colour so you don't get that white residue that you have to chase around the car. It goes on easy (spray), buffs up well with minimal effort and last a reasonable amount of time with good beading.

Recently I bought the Ceramic Acrylic Black Polish. I decided to polish it by hand after a full going over with a clay bar (Dodo Juice yellow bar and super slippy lube). Polish goes on easy, is easy to work and then buffs off easily too. Then you have to wipe over with a damp cloth to activate the shine polymers, and then buff up with a dry microfiber.

Results were impressive, with a nice deep shine.

You have to wait 24 hours before using the wax over the top, so will do that some time this week.

The car is 4 years 4 months old and this is the first time I have polished it. Paint was in good condition, as I do minimal contact washes with snow foam (Bilt Hamber Auto Foam) and use de-ironised water to rinse (No water marks).

There are You Tube videos on this black Polish and wax, so worth a go for all those black cars out there.

It's hard to show the shine on a car but here's a couple of pics
Attached Images

Last edited by sensible; 07-22-2023 at 05:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2023, 05:09 AM   #2
555GGM
Private
Rep
Drives: F31 335 & E85 (Z4)

No pics attached...

Keen to see as I also have a dirt magnet of a black car!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2023, 05:11 AM   #3
sensible
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 555GGM View Post
No pics attached...

Keen to see as I also have a dirt magnet of a black car!
They take a while to upload....on now.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2023, 05:29 AM   #4
555GGM
Private
Rep
Drives: F31 335 & E85 (Z4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensible View Post
They take a while to upload....on now.
That looks great, and good to see the results from a brand I think many people (me included) had written off/forgotten all about!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2023, 05:41 AM   #5
sensible
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 555GGM View Post
That looks great, and good to see the results from a brand I think many people (me included) had written off/forgotten all about!
I saw a few videos like this one and thought I would give it a go. Pleased with the results.

Appreciate 0
      07-23-2023, 03:01 AM   #6
M33DLO
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i MPPSK.

Looking good !

After the usual, decom, clay, foam and wash/rinse I use a mixture of Chem Guys VSS or Scholl S20 polishes (whatever is to hand at the time) They're both 'all in one' polishes that target a wide range of imperfections rather than just a specific stage that would otherwise require a particular grade of polish, I dont have the time for 2 or 3 stages.
With a DA polisher.
And then Soft99 Fusso sealant by hand.
And then monthly top ups with Fusso detail spray with microfibre. (Although the Fusso paste seems to last ages!, it's brilliant.)

I've never been a huge fan of filler polishes or sealants as the obsessive in me knows that if they're filling something, I know my polishing needs more work.

A black car really does look great if cared for. Any excuse to post up a pic of the 130i in carbon black.

The best/easiest way to keep a black car swirl free is to, not wash it. !
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2023, 11:23 AM   #7
sensible
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M33DLO View Post
Looking good !

After the usual, decom, clay, foam and wash/rinse I use a mixture of Chem Guys VSS or Scholl S20 polishes (whatever is to hand at the time) They're both 'all in one' polishes that target a wide range of imperfections rather than just a specific stage that would otherwise require a particular grade of polish, I dont have the time for 2 or 3 stages.
With a DA polisher.
And then Soft99 Fusso sealant by hand.
And then monthly top ups with Fusso detail spray with microfibre. (Although the Fusso paste seems to last ages!, it's brilliant.)

I've never been a huge fan of filler polishes or sealants as the obsessive in me knows that if they're filling something, I know my polishing needs more work.

A black car really does look great if cared for. Any excuse to post up a pic of the 130i in carbon black.

The best/easiest way to keep a black car swirl free is to, not wash it. !
Appreciate 0