F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > PDC too loud! Code to HiFi??
Studio RSR

09-02-2023, 03:12 AM   #1
LionZion
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: F31 320i LCI

PDC too loud! Code to HiFi??

Hi all,

I recently upgraded my base stereo to with an aftermarket amp and front stage set-up (Boxmore extreme = Gladen component fronts + underseats + mosconi 4ch dsp) - Which sound much clearer and cleaner by the way!

But the amp (now amplifies the all gongs, warnings and PDC beeps) which is very unpleasant.

The amp (i assume) takes the high-level inputs from the speakers and the DSP does its magic.

To my questions:

1) If I code my NBT Evo to HiFi - Will the gong/ PDC beeps be reduced in volume?
I have already tried to adjust the gong volume on screen in the idrive menu, but the result is minimal.

2) Can anyone share their experience on the sound quality when using the (HiFi coded) flat EQ signal through an aftermarket amp/DSP - Can they comment if it there is an improvement over using pre EQ’d (Base stereo) as input for their set up?

Specific experiences with the Mosconi AMP (130.4 DSP) would be fantastic. (But I won’t hold my breath for that)

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2023, 06:03 AM   #2
NealfromNZ
Lieutenant
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

Base audio profile has quite a bit of eq below 100hz and has a rise above 5khz. I always found the rear pdc too loud with the fader in the middle position. Not sure if there is a way around it unless there is some kind of pdc volume variable in coding. Only solution I’ve come across for further pdc volume reduction is Mobridge dsps / amp.

With hifi there’s a number of variants that can be configured so you can find a flatter curve.
Really good post on diyma for coding hifi. https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa...n-most.437890/
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2023, 07:23 AM   #3
LionZion
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: F31 320i LCI

NealfromNZ
Thanks, That's helpful - I think ill just FA code it and see what the results are?
I have also read instances that when they code it to HiFi, the PDC volume then becomes too low. Comical almost, but maybe the case of different strokes and volume tolerence.
Appreciate 0