F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > A NEW 10.25" Android 7.1, 2GB / 32GB OPTION! CHECK INSIDE!
Studio RSR

05-19-2018, 03:09 PM   #243
DRuw
Captain
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: G21 330e MSport Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Popsicle View Post
How can one know which unit one has between NBT and NBT-EVO?

I have a 2017 F30 and the production date is 10-10-2016
http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1171034
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2018, 06:47 PM   #244
wacky007
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: F30 2012 320i

Hey guys, I placed an order aswell. Now waiting for Louie to respond.

DRuw, thank you for your effort!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2018, 06:59 PM   #245
sleeeper335
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

I keep trying to submit an order request and it keeps bringing me to a blank white page. Ughhhh

Got it. Order request submitted.

Last edited by sleeeper335; 05-19-2018 at 09:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2018, 12:05 AM   #246
cooolcatz
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw M4 2015

Hi,

I just ordered the Ugode 7.1.1 Android car stereo 10.25inch gps navigation for BMW F30 3 series to my M4 2015.

Louie confirms the stereo wil fit F80, F82
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2018, 01:51 AM   #247
chp10
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F31

I bought a unit as well.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2018, 03:09 AM   #248
DRuw
Captain
Netherlands
Rep

cooolcatz and minigp
Can you update the spreadsheet?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...OSU/edit#gid=0
With you guys added, we allready have 9 orders
Who will be nr 10 and make us all happier than we already are???

Last edited by DRuw; 05-20-2018 at 06:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2018, 05:49 AM   #249
dr.roro
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 G01 X3

Garage List
Hm.. I'm interested. I have a 2015 F32 that came with stock 6.5" screen, HK, reverse cam, and no navi. I believe this is EntryNav. Currently running Bimmer-Tech 8.8" VividScreen.

Will this unit be plug and play? Will I need 3.5mm AUX IN for Android side audio? How is audio quality and volume on the Android side?
Does the GPS on this unit perform better than the AVIN which had reports of slow locking?
Does the unit automatically show the factory reverse cam screen when switching into reverse while on Android?
How do you switch between OEM and Android screens? Does it default to OEM (or last selection) screen on startup?
Is there microSD or USB accessible after installation? Is the max really only 32GB?
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2018, 06:38 AM   #250
DRuw
Captain
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.roro View Post
Hm.. I'm interested. I have a 2015 F32 that came with stock 6.5" screen, HK, reverse cam, and no navi. I believe this is EntryNav. Currently running Bimmer-Tech 8.8" VividScreen.

Will this unit be plug and play? Will I need 3.5mm AUX IN for Android side audio? How is audio quality and volume on the Android side?
Does the GPS on this unit perform better than the AVIN which had reports of slow locking?
Does the unit automatically show the factory reverse cam screen when switching into reverse while on Android?
How do you switch between OEM and Android screens? Does it default to OEM (or last selection) screen on startup?
Is there microSD or USB accessible after installation? Is the max really only 32GB?
Ok, although I am just a forum user (with an AVIN that I am going to replace) and have no experience with the unit itself (back me up Supernova66 if you can) but Ill give it a try:
Yes, unit is plug and play if you use all items delivered in the package.
3.5mm is not required, its part of the harnass and thus runs via AUX
Quality and volume can be set in the android side by the equalizer but the output is via the AUX. therfore it is slightly less clear and crisp like, lets say, a direct digital source thru the HK system. that being said, the better your system, the more influence this has off course. HK will hear some difference, Hifi less and basic audio will probably hear no difference at all. Playing the video sample will be impressive anyway, I was amazed by the AVIN in that and this audio is the same.
GPS is really depending on the location of the antenna. If you use the splitter and therefore use the signal of the factory GPS, its more or less instant.
OEM/Android switch is with the steering wheel or Idrive buttons
Selection of what is shown at startup can be set with having the screen at a certain setting when shutting down. I normally boot Idrive with my avin since the booting of the android part takes a bit longer.
USB (seperate cable, route to glovebox) and microSD (sice of the screen) are available.
internal memory is 32Gb, the max supported MicroSD is 64GB and the USB is more (I heard someone put a 1TB HDdisk on it without issues).

Hope I can help you with these. Again, Im not the manufacturer nor a representative of them. If things really are dealbreakers for you, you should double-check but this is purely based on my research and experience with the AVIN unit.
shouldnt be much different though...

Eyybrandont I believe you are number 10 if iwantaw335 and steve498 also bought one

Last edited by DRuw; 05-20-2018 at 06:44 AM..
Appreciate 1
dr.roro195.50
      05-20-2018, 09:08 AM   #251
losdamianos
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 320D 2015

guys correct me if im wrong as Im still relatively fresh bmw driver ( I havent forgotten how to use indicators yet... ) but if anyone is upgrading from nbt 6.5 sat nav screen and want split screen functionality on their idrive they'll need to code
HU_NBT > 3000 HMI > DISPLAY_SIZE_RESOLUTION = 8.8_1280x480
HU_NBT > 3001 EXBOX > DISPLAY_VARIANTE = breites_display
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2018, 09:27 AM   #252
Supernova66
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.roro View Post

Plug and play? Yes.. simple installation
3.5 AUX IN for android? No .. I have a 2015 and by moving the digital audio cable (green and black) to the new harness it provides a signal throughput to the android. Sounds great!
GPS is inherently subject to the software and antenna placement.
Auto switch into reverse camera? Yes.. essentially no change from OE
To switch I just push and hold MENU on my iDrive.
Default display will be the display you have on when turning off car.
MicroSD card: I am currently using a SanDisk 64gb with no issues. 1tb hdd to usb has been successful as well.

I am super happy with the head unit.
Appreciate 1
      05-20-2018, 09:39 AM   #253
sleeeper335
Private First Class
Rep

Ok I got my email back I don’t understand. Says please check the manual for your reference? How do I pay lol
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2018, 10:02 AM   #254
Zopperman
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 428

I have a stupid question but I am interested in the unit.

Everyone is talking about using the aux input but how does it work with Bluetooth and an iPhone? Can this mirror iPhone or do car play via Bluetooth?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2018, 10:03 AM   #255
DRuw
Captain
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by minigp View Post
Ok I got my email back I don’t understand. Says please check the manual for your reference? How do I pay lol
What did you do?
If you start an order, you will get an email in return with this in it:

You have sent a purchase order (Order No.: XXXXXXXX) to the supplier Shenzhen UGO Digital Electronics Co., Ltd.. The supplier will draft a contract based on the purchase order you provided. You will then be requested to confirm that contract before making payment.
UNQUOTE

I believe then all does via the system of Alibaba.
When you log in, there will be an order with outstanding payment.
There you can buy the unit via Credit Card or Wire Transfer.
I don't know how Louie uses Paypal but if you indicate that as an option that you want he will probably give you a reference to add to the payment.
Their info adress is the paypal adress I believe but please check with Louie regarding payment.

since it is weekend, there is probably a small delay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zopperman View Post

Everyone is talking about using the aux input but how does it work with Bluetooth and an iPhone? Can this mirror iPhone or do car play via Bluetooth?

Thanks
I don't have apple stuff "unfortunately" (ANDROID FTW). What exactly is your question?
Bluetooth should work just like any other radio but I know that Avins unit has an option for apple Car play. that is 99USD but about half for the same things on Aliexpress I see.

Supernova66 , do you know perhaps?

Last edited by DRuw; 05-20-2018 at 10:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2018, 11:45 AM   #256
Supernova66
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRuw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by minigp View Post
Ok I got my email back I don't understand. Says please check the manual for your reference? How do I pay lol
What did you do?
If you start an order, you will get an email in return with this in it:

You have sent a purchase order (Order No.: XXXXXXXX) to the supplier Shenzhen UGO Digital Electronics Co., Ltd.. The supplier will draft a contract based on the purchase order you provided. You will then be requested to confirm that contract before making payment.
UNQUOTE

I believe then all does via the system of Alibaba.
When you log in, there will be an order with outstanding payment.
There you can buy the unit via Credit Card or Wire Transfer.
I don't know how Louie uses Paypal but if you indicate that as an option that you want he will probably give you a reference to add to the payment.
Their info adress is the paypal adress I believe but please check with Louie regarding payment.

since it is weekend, there is probably a small delay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zopperman View Post

Thanks
I don't have apple stuff "unfortunately" (ANDROID FTW). What exactly is your question?
Bluetooth should work just like any other radio but I know that Avins unit has an option for apple Car play. that is 99USD but about half for the same things on Aliexpress I see.

Supernova66 , do you know perhaps?
I believe the apple car play option is a USB component add on. I too have Android so not exactly sure how it works. Drop an email to Louie at:. info@ugode.com and I am sure he will let you know
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2018, 11:49 AM   #257
Taechit
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 320D MY2016

Ugode Android 7.1 HU review

Hi guys!

I'm newbie here and just see this forum, so I want to share some experience with this unit.

I've ordered this unit from Ugode last month and have used it for around 3 weeks. Actually it's good unit like Supernova66 said. It's smoother than my old Android head unit from QDIS (Dual core Telechips with 1GB ram), thanks to 2GB of ram. The screen is bright and clear, even it has only 480p native resolution. The sound from android side is not so different from BMW NBT side, but you need to set the sound level in android only half (20 from 40), otherwise the sound will crack.

My original NBT is 6.5 inch without Navi. After learning some coding, I can code the original screen to wide mode and look like original 8.8 screen with split screen function.
HU_NBT > 3000 HMI > DISPLAY_SIZE_RESOLUTION = 10.25_1280x480

GPS antenna should be placed out of the car (I kept it at windscreen, outside of the car), otherwise it take very long time to find and lock the satellite. (15min inside the car or under the bonnet vs. 2-3 min outside the car)

I've also bought Carplay autobox adapter (white dongle) and using with this unit. It's working and the aspect ratio is good, but you need to touch the screen to control it. Unfortunately, the original iDrive knob can only move the selection, but can't select the function by pressing it.

My unit came with firmware from Jan 2018, which was still containing some Chinese character in launcher. After talking with Alice Wong, who gave me good support, she sent a new firmware (Mar 2018 version) and I've upgraded it. Right now every part is in English. I think when you guys order this unit, it will be shipped with the lastest firmware.

However, there are some problems which I met and it can't be solved with the new firmware
1. The 3G/4G USB dongle is not support. You need to use WiFi hotspot.
2. The Wi-Fi is not connect automatically, which is troublesome. It can be connected automatically only if you turn on WiFi hotspot before the cold boot. If it's in ready state and you turn on the hotspot, it will not connect. You need to manually connect it. After some research, this is the problem with Android 7.1.1 and there's same problem in other unit that run this version of Android.
3. From 1&2 - I tried to root the unit to correct it. Right now this unit can't be root with Kingroot or Kingoroot, always failed -_-"
4. The OBDII bluetooth can't be connected. I've found that the bluetooth function is completely govern by Bluetooth special app that come with the launcher. The original bluetooth screen can't turn on or off the bluetooth. I think this is the cause and now still find the way to disable the app (I think it need to be root first)
5. The most annoying and important problem is that the microphone part is not function*** T_T
Alice said that the microphone can only be used with bluetooth calling, but for me it's not working at all. Even bluetooth calling, Siri command with Carplay adapter, or Google voice command. Right now I still have no idea how to correct it. Maybe I will try USB microphone.

I need to ask Supernova66, if you can check this and test your unit that you have the same problem as me or not. I hope this problem can be solved with firmware upgrade, not the hardware mod.

Anyway, this is the good android unit and I'm still satisfied with it despite these problems.

Last edited by Taechit; 05-20-2018 at 12:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2018, 11:55 AM   #258
Taechit
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 320D MY2016

The main screen with EVO ID6 interface

Carplay adapter. Right now I can use only music function. Siri and phone calling can't be accomplished without microphone function.

Original screen after coding to wide display. Looks like original one with split screen

Using iGO navigation app. GPS antenna should be placed outside the car.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2018, 01:19 PM   #259
Supernova66
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taechit View Post
Hi guys!

I'm newbie here and just see this forum, so I want to share some experience with this unit.

I've ordered this unit from Ugode last month and have used it for around 3 weeks. Actually it's good unit like Supernova66 said. It's smoother than my old Android head unit from QDIS (Dual core Telechips with 1GB ram), thanks to 2GB of ram. The screen is bright and clear, even it has only 480p native resolution. The sound from android side is not so different from BMW NBT side, but you need to set the sound level in android only half (20 from 40), otherwise the sound will crack.

My original NBT is 6.5 inch without Navi. After learning some coding, I can code the original screen to wide mode and look like original 8.8 screen with split screen function.
HU_NBT > 3000 HMI > DISPLAY_SIZE_RESOLUTION = 10.25_1280x480

GPS antenna should be placed out of the car (I kept it at windscreen, outside of the car), otherwise it take very long time to find and lock the satellite. (15min inside the car or under the bonnet vs. 2-3 min outside the car)

I've also bought Carplay autobox adapter (white dongle) and using with this unit. It's working and the aspect ratio is good, but you need to touch the screen to control it. Unfortunately, the original iDrive knob can only move the selection, but can't select the function by pressing it.

My unit came with firmware from Jan 2018, which was still containing some Chinese character in launcher. After talking with Alice Wong, who gave me good support, she sent a new firmware (Mar 2018 version) and I've upgraded it. Right now every part is in English. I think when you guys order this unit, it will be shipped with the lastest firmware.

However, there are some problems which I met and it can't be solved with the new firmware
1. The 3G/4G USB dongle is not support. You need to use WiFi hotspot.
2. The Wi-Fi is not connect automatically, which is troublesome. It can be connected automatically only if you turn on WiFi hotspot before the cold boot. If it's in ready state and you turn on the hotspot, it will not connect. You need to manually connect it. After some research, this is the problem with Android 7.1.1 and there's same problem in other unit that run this version of Android.
3. From 1&2 - I tried to root the unit to correct it. Right now this unit can't be root with Kingroot or Kingoroot, always failed -_-"
4. The OBDII bluetooth can't be connected. I've found that the bluetooth function is completely govern by Bluetooth special app that come with the launcher. The original bluetooth screen can't turn on or off the bluetooth. I think this is the cause and now still find the way to disable the app (I think it need to be root first)
5. The most annoying and important problem is that the microphone part is not function*** T_T
Alice said that the microphone can only be used with bluetooth calling, but for me it's not working at all. Even bluetooth calling, Siri command with Carplay adapter, or Google voice command. Right now I still have no idea how to correct it. Maybe I will try USB microphone.

I need to ask Supernova66, if you can check this and test your unit that you have the same problem as me or not. I hope this problem can be solved with firmware upgrade, not the hardware mod.
Anyway, this is the good android unit and I'm still satisfied with it despite these problems.
I have used the "Hey Google" without any issues and no extra mic hooked up. I currently have the system out of the car to install the GPS splitter and run the dual USB cables to the glovebox so I can not run any tests right now. I am getting auto WiFi connection to my saved hotspots. Not sure how you are configured
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2018, 02:29 PM   #260
machman767
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320i M Sport+

Cheers, Bob, I couldn't work out how to get into the Android side on my Avin without touching the screen, hadn't realised you just kept "menu" pressed, just tried it successfully!
All the best with this unit, guys, really pleased with my Avin, nearly went for this but was before you managed to cut a deal, will keep reading this thread with interest!

Mick
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2018, 02:40 PM   #261
DRuw
Captain
Netherlands
Rep

I am starting to think that Supernova66 (and thus we two) are getting the latest one there is...
These issues I had also with my AVIN (not the wifi btw, that works perfect) and I have asked these things from Supernova66 as well before I started the communication with Louie.
perhaps the external mic itself is not working correctly but I understood that the unit itself doesnt have a mic...
You didnt connect one supernova66? Any idea if it has a mic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by machman767 View Post
I couldn't work out how to get into the Android side on my Avin without touching the screen, hadn't realised you just kept "menu" pressed, just tried it successfully!
Appreciate 1
      05-20-2018, 06:06 PM   #262
sleeeper335
Private First Class
Rep

All paid bitches
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2018, 06:39 PM   #263
Supernova66
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRuw View Post
I am starting to think that Supernova66 (and thus we two) are getting the latest one there is...
These issues I had also with my AVIN (not the wifi btw, that works perfect) and I have asked these things from Supernova66 as well before I started the communication with Louie.
perhaps the external mic itself is not working correctly but I understood that the unit itself doesnt have a mic...
You didnt connect one supernova66? Any idea if it has a mic?

No mic that I am aware of.. Maybe now would be the time to add one since the thing is out!
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2018, 06:47 PM   #264
Supernova66
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by machman767 View Post
Cheers, Bob, I couldn't work out how to get into the Android side on my Avin without touching the screen, hadn't realised you just kept "menu" pressed, just tried it successfully!
All the best with this unit, guys, really pleased with my Avin, nearly went for this but was before you managed to cut a deal, will keep reading this thread with interest!

Mick
Hey Mick! Glad things are good for you as well!
Appreciate 0