F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Bimmercode - Error while reading coding data
Extreme Powerhouse

01-09-2021, 03:27 AM   #23
Wibbles
Coding ECU's remotely
Rep
Drives: M3LR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick.86uk View Post
Hi Wibbles,

I have CarPlay activated with feature installer and would like to remove for dealer software updates.

Do I remove CarPlay with original feature installer or use the newer version you have linked?
Use the latest version.
Appreciate 1
      01-09-2021, 06:25 AM   #24
Mick.86uk
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 F36 440i

All done. Cheers 👍
      01-12-2021, 09:10 AM   #25
Natkhat
ENGIN33R
Rep
Drives: 2017 X3 xDrive28i

Hi, How easy it is to remove carplay activated with feature installer?

I am in a same boat where I want to remove carplay to gain access to HU module in Bimmercode app and then reinstall carplay using feature installer.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2021, 10:52 AM   #26
Mick.86uk
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 F36 440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natkhat View Post
Hi, How easy it is to remove carplay activated with feature installer?

I am in a same boat where I want to remove carplay to gain access to HU module in Bimmercode app and then reinstall carplay using feature installer.
If you activated with the feature installer, it's the same process to remove but use the latest version of the feature installer.
      01-12-2021, 01:35 PM   #27
Wibbles
Coding ECU's remotely
Rep

I linked the latest version in a previous post in this thread
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 04:46 AM   #28
roops67
Rep
Drives: BMW X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wibbles View Post
I linked the latest version in a previous post in this thread
Hi there

I'm trying to remove CarPlay using RemoteFeatureInstaller so that I can connect to the HU through BimmerCode, but it's throwing up an error. I've attached a capture of the log (I had blanked out some stuff not sure if it's considered sensitive?)

This copy of RemoteFeatureInstaller I had found on another website with the activation key. Let me know if you want the link?

A bit of history: My X2 came installed with Navigation Plus HU, I had NBTEVO retrofitted to get Navigation Professional. I did the physical installing where a remote coder configured it all for me, he offered CarPlay within the bundled so I took it (tho I had no use for it cos I use android phones)

BimmerCode used to connect to my nbtevo hu fine and dandy before until last year, found out it was cos the carplay. Anyway I happy to totally remove carplay, I just need to use BimmerCode to configure mirrorcast properly (I had configured this initially but i had made errors in some settings i think, so it connects with most phones but not with Sony Xperia) . Anyway could the remotefeatureinstaller error be due to it's looking for the original HU? I've rechecked the wiring behind the nbtevo hu and everything is intact

Just one last question since I have your attention. Is it possible somhow to have the BMW database updated to reflect the upgrade to the hu i made? I'm willing to pay to have it done. I've asked the dealership but they refused, I really want BMW OTA sending the proper updates for this hu and also like to have access to the nbtevo apps that are available within the bmw store

thanks in advance
Attached Images

Last edited by roops67; 03-09-2021 at 09:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2021, 07:44 AM   #29
Wibbles
Coding ECU's remotely
Rep

So you are using an activation code for Feature Installer that was not supplied by the person who coded the headunit?

You need to go back to them or use esys with a token then you can code what you want - use esysx.

BMW won't update your VO to reflect the EVO retrofit, sorry.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2021, 08:57 AM   #30
roops67
Rep

Quote:
So you are using an activation code for Feature Installer that was not supplied by the person who coded the headunit?

You need to go back to them or use esys with a token then you can code what you want - use esysx.

BMW won't update your VO to reflect the EVO retrofit, sorry.
That's true. Problem is I cannot get hold of the installer, he worked remotely and now I can't get a response out of him . He's left me in a predicament

How much is the token for esys / esysx and where to obtain? Erm is their a big learning curve to use it? I've seen the frontend UI and I'm just lost! Apologies for all the question, just don't know where else to turn

So the feature installer error above where it can't find the HU is expected when the activation code is different??

edit: Not sure if this useful, on my laptop that the installer remoted onto he left some files. An app called BGRemoteInstaller_v1.0.10 (looks like its functionally same as feature installer), a ENET folder containing the app ZGW_SEARCH and PortMap1.6 app, and UPD44044.BIN file that's 50KB big (could this be vital??)

Last edited by roops67; 03-12-2021 at 09:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2021, 09:17 AM   #31
Wibbles
Coding ECU's remotely
Rep

So you can't just use any code with feature installer, does not work that way, once a code is used it's locked to the VIN of the car/headunit.

By the looks of it he installed the activation with a USB .bin file - the problem is that there are no OEM FSC's on your headunit, so returning it to stock is only possible by flashing the headunit, which is silly when you can just code with esys.

Esysx can be obtained from their website, just google for it.

If you are really stuck I can help remotely without you needing to install esys.

What do you actually want to code on the headunit?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2021, 09:54 AM   #32
roops67
Rep

Quote:
So you can't just use any code with feature installer, does not work that way, once a code is used it's locked to the VIN of the car/headunit.

By the looks of it he installed the activation with a USB .bin file - the problem is that there are no OEM FSC's on your headunit, so returning it to stock is only possible by flashing the headunit, which is silly when you can just code with esys.

Esysx can be obtained from their website, just google for it.

If you are really stuck I can help remotely without you needing to install esys.

What do you actually want to code on the headunit?
Oh mate if you can help you will be a godsend! All I want is if you can remove the CarPlay app? I was told this is what stopping BimmerCode from talking to my HU with this error below, that is all!

I need to use BimmerCode after to change some setting relating to mirrorcast so that i can get it working with Sony Xperia phones, the mirrorcast does work with other android phones tho
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-12-2021, 11:26 AM   #33
Wibbles
Coding ECU's remotely
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by roops67 View Post
Oh mate if you can help you will be a godsend! All I want is if you can remove the CarPlay app? I was told this is what stopping BimmerCode from talking to my HU with this error below, that is all!

I need to use BimmerCode after to change some setting relating to mirrorcast so that i can get it working with Sony Xperia phones, the mirrorcast does work with other android phones tho
Does not work like that but I can try to help - it's giving you that error because the signature on the CAFD coding file is not what it is expecting.

If you just tell me what the parameters are you want to change I can do that for you while remoted in.

Last edited by Wibbles; 03-12-2021 at 11:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2021, 12:06 PM   #34
roops67
Rep

Quote:
Does not work like that but I can try to help - it's giving you that error because the signature on the CAFD coding file is not what it is expecting.

If you just tell me what the parameters are you want to change I can do that for you while remoted in.
Ooh ok, so i can't get rid of Carplay? Thing is BimmerCode used to work happily with my retrofitted nbtevo2 up until last year then started throwing up that error, I had changed nothing. BimmerCode support told me cos I had unofficial CarPlay fsc installed, so looks like bimmercode had been updated to do some extra checks (?)

The changes I want is to get the correct coding settings for Miracast to operate correctly. I had to enter codes to enable Miracast cos it got disabled after the firmware on my nbtevo2 was updated, the firmware had to be updated because it did not support the X2 F39 originally. Anyway I believe I may got the coding for Miracast wrong somewhere as there were many and some websites showed some different settings

So if you know what the proper settings for Miracast is then I will look on the websites if I can find it, would you know the correct coding Miracast is??

edit: I really appreciate your help

Last edited by roops67; 03-12-2021 at 12:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2021, 04:04 AM   #35
Wibbles
Coding ECU's remotely
Rep

Quote:
Ooh ok, so i can't get rid of Carplay? Thing is BimmerCode used to work happily with my retrofitted nbtevo2 up until last year then started throwing up that error, I had changed nothing. BimmerCode support told me cos I had unofficial CarPlay fsc installed, so looks like bimmercode had been updated to do some extra checks (?)

The changes I want is to get the correct coding settings for Miracast to operate correctly. I had to enter codes to enable Miracast cos it got disabled after the firmware on my nbtevo2 was updated, the firmware had to be updated because it did not support the X2 F39 originally. Anyway I believe I may got the coding for Miracast wrong somewhere as there were many and some websites showed some different settings

So if you know what the proper settings for Miracast is then I will look on the websites if I can find it, would you know the correct coding Miracast is??

edit: I really appreciate your help
You can turn off carplay: Carplay_SWT = nicht_aktiv

The FSC will still be there in the background

I have the settings for Screen mirroring

basically, stop using bimmer code - it's shit.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2021, 05:37 AM   #36
roops67
Rep

Quote:
You can turn off carplay: Carplay_SWT = nicht_aktiv

The FSC will still be there in the background

I have the settings for Screen mirroring

basically, stop using bimmer code - it's shit.
Ok gotya👌

When is it convenient for you to remote onto my to car to make these changes? I'll make the preparations on my side. How shall I send you my IP ?

I checked the price to buy a token for esysx, I don't wanna sound like a cheapskate but it's not worth it just to use once to fix screen mirroring

ps I'm happy to drop you some drinking money for your troubles, it's only fair

edit: so excuse my ignorance, is it then the 'unofficial' carplay FSC causing the cafd error?

Last edited by roops67; 03-13-2021 at 05:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2021, 08:44 AM   #37
Wibbles
Coding ECU's remotely
Rep

Quote:
Ok gotya👌

When is it convenient for you to remote onto my to car to make these changes? I'll make the preparations on my side. How shall I send you my IP ?

I checked the price to buy a token for esysx, I don't wanna sound like a cheapskate but it's not worth it just to use once to fix screen mirroring

ps I'm happy to drop you some drinking money for your troubles, it's only fair

edit: so excuse my ignorance, is it then the 'unofficial' carplay FSC causing the cafd error?
Drop me a PM to arrange

Basically yes
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2022, 04:32 PM   #38
Issje
Registered
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW 540XD

(Unfortunately i’m new here and can’t send any PM yet. Hopefully someone can help me out with the next problem…

I have to delete an rejected activation code (the one for full screen carplay) using bmw software? Anyone who can help me out on distance?

Maybe Wibbles ?

(I have a BMW G31 540xd 2018)
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 10:48 AM   #39
Wibbles
Coding ECU's remotely
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issje View Post
(Unfortunately i’m new here and can’t send any PM yet. Hopefully someone can help me out with the next problem…

I have to delete an rejected activation code (the one for full screen carplay) using bmw software? Anyone who can help me out on distance?

Maybe Wibbles ?

(I have a BMW G31 540xd 2018)
I can't PM you, you need more posts in order to activate private messaging on the board.

There is no FSC code for making Carplay Full Screen, only actually activating CarPlay requires an FSC code. To enable Full Screen a modification of a .ini file within the HU itself is needed.

drop me a PM once you can send them.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 03:01 PM   #40
Issje
Registered
Sweden
Rep

Smile

Quote:
I can't PM you, you need more posts in order to activate private messaging on the board.

There is no FSC code for making Carplay Full Screen, only actually activating CarPlay requires an FSC code. To enable Full Screen a modification of a .ini file within the HU itself is needed.

drop me a PM once you can send them.

Wibbles,
I hope soon to PM you. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 03:08 PM   #41
Issje
Registered
Sweden
Rep

Wibbles

I forgot to mention that i used Bimmerfest software to unlock Fullscreen carplay, and later rerun the software again to make it original. But unfortunately didn’t help.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 03:09 PM   #42
Issje
Registered
Sweden
Rep

Smile

And now “Bimmercode” emailed me the next solution to get it work again:

“”
Hi,
the rejected activation code needs to be removed using BMW software.

Kind regards / Schöne Grüße
“”
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2023, 06:05 PM   #43
Moonkitty
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitster View Post
Evening all,

Anyone had issues reading ECU's using the Bimmercode app (iOS) using the VGate BT OBD Adapter?

I've managed to code the DKOMBI but when I try and read HU_NBT_EVO, I get a "Error while reading coding data" message, which is real bummer as it's got most of the options I'd like to code.

On the G series the supported ECU's is very limited compared to the F series. I'm hoping this will change as the developer adds more support into later builds.

Thanks.
Hello everyone and sorry to revive this old thread but I have a similar issue but with a twist.

I purchased a 2019 X3 and had CarPlay included (no subscription).

Recently when I learned about Bimmercode, I decided to try and unlock full screen car play. Unfortunately I was at NBTevo_V so all I got was a white screen on the side and still spit screen so I decided to restore with a backup and I gave up.
Recently I went in and managed to convince the dealer to update my head unit. Now I am at NBTevo_Y which made me happy. When I went in to do CarPlay full screen, I am getting the same "error while reading coding data" error from Bimmercode. I did not do a USB unlock of CarPlay, it was already included so basically my car is stock. The other modules connect fine in Bimmercode, just not the headhunt. Any thoughts on what I may be able to do? I was hoping to also code playing videos from a flash drive but more importantly , full screen car play.

Thanks guys!

~Lost girl who just wants fullscreen
Appreciate 0