F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Who would you choose for a custom tune?
proTUNING Freaks

05-24-2020, 08:39 PM   #23
harkes
Colonel
China
Rep
Drives: M135i, E39 M5, NSX and AE86

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
You’re talking a lot about a car you don’t own and haven’t driven - but shill for a tuner with no results to speak of. For the record, the owner commented on the post how pleased he was with his car - I too have a tune and I’m extremely happy with it.

But tell me more about fake dynos and drivability.
200 bucks and I'll make you a fake dyno chart so you can brag and get some street cred at the next car meet.

Maybe this will help: https://www.dictionary.com/browse/drivability
      05-25-2020, 02:19 PM   #24
5w20
@_sunbish
Rep
Drives: Bmw 435i & 340i

How is drivability even in question with an engine on stock injectors and stock cam(s)? I've had other tuned vehicles with a large cam and bigger injectors and still drive very close to OEM, never even came close to having a drivability issue on an engine with stock injectors and stock cam(s) before.
Appreciate 1
AmuroRay2267.50
      05-28-2020, 08:49 AM   #25
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

It's not. The person who owns the car is on the forum, and he appears to be happy.

I think it's in poor taste to claim a tuner is lying or his tune not as refined as another - without proof.
      05-28-2020, 09:32 PM   #26
harkes
Colonel
China
Rep
Drives: M135i, E39 M5, NSX and AE86

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5w20 View Post
How is drivability even in question with an engine on stock injectors and stock cam(s)? I've had other tuned vehicles with a large cam and bigger injectors and still drive very close to OEM, never even came close to having a drivability issue on an engine with stock injectors and stock cam(s) before.
One example: If the tuner is using throttle for boost control instead of properly adjusted PID to hit boost target, then it can result in excessive timing corrections and reduced power.

Another example: If the car is not properly load tuned but just running boost target then a car tuned during summer might crash the fuel pump during winter when the air density increases.

A third: Badly adjusted PID control might also result in drive train errors due to excessive charge pressure on tip-in or post shift.

None of these are hardware related but tune related, so yes, who you chose as a tuner is probably the most critical descision in your build.
SeanWRT3179.00