F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Bye bye 440i Gran Coupe
Extreme Powerhouse

10-15-2019, 10:12 AM   #111
Oceanic
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Audi S5

I was glad to see the back of my 440i GC, horrendous road noise in the cabin, vague steering and the engine sounded crap for a 3.0L straight 6
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 02:00 PM   #112
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanic View Post
I was glad to see the back of my 440i GC, horrendous road noise in the cabin, vague steering and the engine sounded crap for a 3.0L straight 6
Interesting late contribution to the thread.

You swapped a car with vague steering for an Audi, interesting choice.

Not sure if yours was a pre LCI (pre April 2017 production), there were lots of reports on 3 and 4 series handling badly, which was all fixed with upgrades in the LCI. My handled great and turned in really accurately.

Can't comment on the road noise, some people are annoyed by some things that others don't even notice. Certainly didn't come onto my radar in the 54,000 miles I drove.

As for understated noise, again an S5 is an interesting choice. Not had first hand experience, but all the reviews for that, the S4 and the SQ5, say that compared to the direct competition the noise is a bit understated and boring.

We can't all like the same things though I suppose....
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 02:38 PM   #113
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goneinsixtyseconds View Post
Interesting late contribution to the thread.

You swapped a car with vague steering for an Audi, interesting choice.

Not sure if yours was a pre LCI (pre April 2017 production), there were lots of reports on 3 and 4 series handling badly, which was all fixed with upgrades in the LCI. My handled great and turned in really accurately.

Can't comment on the road noise, some people are annoyed by some things that others don't even notice. Certainly didn't come onto my radar in the 54,000 miles I drove.

As for understated noise, again an S5 is an interesting choice. Not had first hand experience, but all the reviews for that, the S4 and the SQ5, say that compared to the direct competition the noise is a bit understated and boring.

We can't all like the same things though I suppose....
My SQ5 was very tame from outside compared to the son in laws 440i, which was tame compared to his C43. Inside was very refined - ok for me but I can understand people saying too quiet....
Appreciate 0