F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Bootmod3 8-speed transmission flash
Extreme Powerhouse

06-14-2019, 12:05 AM   #23
leopard2lx
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 435i GC xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxThe_RemedyXx View Post
The guys at PTF we're kind enough to add me to the BETA today. I flashed before I left work for the day. Flash took about a minute with zero issues using my homemade WiFi agent.

HOLY SHIT. This is the way the car should have came from the get go. The only way I can describe it is my shifts are "high definition". Super crisp and fast. My jerkiness in low gears is pretty much gone and the car is scary fast. Third and sixth gear limits seem to be gone but I have to log to be sure. The wait is worth it. DO NOT spend your money on xHP.
Wow! That's great news. Keep us posted!
      06-14-2019, 03:07 PM   #24
Kraftwerk
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopard2lx View Post
That's good news! Any other features you can comment on?

Once this is released I will do a comparison between xHP and bm3 since I already have the former.
      06-14-2019, 03:11 PM   #25
XxThe_RemedyXx
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraftwerk View Post
Quote:

Once this is released I will do a comparison between xHP and bm3 since I already have the former.
Without doing some logs (which I plan to do after work today) I can't really comment further with accuracy. The cars shifting feels totally transformed in Sport and Sport+ mode. I cannot comment on Comfort or ECO as I haven't driven in those modes yet.

I CAN say that I feel like third and sixth gear limiters are removed. Before flashing I felt the car bog down hitting third gear and picking itself back up when in fourth. The car just pulls and pulls now and that loss of power is gone.

The car also seems like it shifts at the perfect moment when getting on it. The sound of the exhaust when the gears transition feel and sound spot on. It's addicting. I feel like I'm driving a totally different car now.
      06-14-2019, 03:17 PM   #26
Kraftwerk
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i M Sport

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Without doing some logs (which I plan to do after work today) I can't really comment further with accuracy. The cars shifting feels totally transformed in Sport and Sport+ mode. I cannot comment on Comfort or ECO as I haven't driven in those modes yet.

I CAN say that I feel like third and sixth gear limiters are removed. Before flashing I felt the car bog down hitting third gear and picking itself back up when in fourth. The car just pulls and pulls now and that loss of power is gone.

The car also seems like it shifts at the perfect moment when getting on it. The sound of the exhaust when the gears transition feel and sound spot on. It's addicting. I feel like I'm driving a totally different car now.
Yes sounds like the torque limiters have been removed.

How does manual feel?

Anything else like downshift blips?
      06-14-2019, 03:57 PM   #27
XxThe_RemedyXx
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Yes sounds like the torque limiters have been removed.

How does manual feel?

Anything else like downshift blips?
Haven't really tried manual yet but will try that tonight. Downshift blips are definitely there. Almost feels like rev-matching but I will pay more attention to it and report back.
      06-14-2019, 10:55 PM   #28
e46m3to335i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

Quote:
The guys at PTF we're kind enough to add me to the BETA today. I flashed before I left work for the day. Flash took about a minute with zero issues using my homemade WiFi agent.

HOLY SHIT. This is the way the car should have came from the get go. The only way I can describe it is my shifts are "high definition". Super crisp and fast. My jerkiness in low gears is pretty much gone and the car is scary fast. Third and sixth gear limits seem to be gone but I have to log to be sure. The wait is worth it. DO NOT spend your money on xHP.
Remedy please DM me on how you got them to put you on the beta list. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 09:37 AM   #29
n55david
Check out my Youtube @n55david!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 m240i, 2015 X3 x35i

Garage List
2017 m240i xDrive  [0.00]
2015 X3 x35i  [0.00]
2015 335i xdrive  [0.00]
Im in the Beta...

Please send me $25 to my paypal and ill tell you how to get added

Seriously though, flashed the tranny last night. Will be driving it on a loooong road trip tomorrow and ill report back. I really didnt notice tooo much driving home from work yesterday but it did seem quicker on the shifts. only was really able to get on it sort of hard once as I was passing one of the 5th gen 4.6 300hp mustangs with loud ass exhaust (he didnt wanna play after that btw).

If I would have had it last wednesday I could have compared it at the dragstrip
IG: @n55david For pics and updates!
Youtube: @ n55david For videos or Racing etc
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 09:49 AM   #30
anielsen71
Lieutenant Colonel
Denmark
Rep
Drives: F36 435xd

Garage List
Quote:

Since you recommend ppl not to spend money on xHP, I understand it like you have tried that too.
How is the PTF flash different or better than xHP?

Ex: E46 330d, E91 330dA
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 10:34 AM   #31
XxThe_RemedyXx
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by anielsen71 View Post
Quote:

Since you recommend ppl not to spend money on xHP, I understand it like you have tried that too.
Lots of people just wanted torque limits lifted like myself. I would have been totally fine with paying xHP if they allowed us to purchase just that. They removed the ability to purchase per stage licenses and went with the "super" license deal which I personally think is a waste of money. Most people aren't going to be tracking their vehicles so paying for something you're not going to use is a waste.

The guys at PTF know their stuff and have an excellent reputation. This implementation of their TCU flash is excellent based on my personal experience and it's still in BETA. If they release this and don't charge for it that's going to be amazing and for most spending money on xHP at this point is a waste. Sorry just my personal opinion.
harkes1078.00
oma3710194.50
      06-15-2019, 10:34 AM   #32
Munchi435i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Alpine White 435i M-sport

Quote:
      06-15-2019, 10:40 AM   #33
anielsen71
Lieutenant Colonel
Denmark
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Lots of people just wanted torque limits lifted like myself. I would have been totally fine with paying xHP if they allowed us to purchase just that. They removed the ability to purchase per stage licenses and went with the "super" license deal which I personally think is a waste of money. Most people aren't going to be tracking their vehicles so paying for something you're not going to use is a waste.

The guys at PTF know their stuff and have an excellent reputation. This implementation of their TCU flash is excellent based on my personal experience and it's still in BETA. If they release this and don't charge for it that's going to be amazing and for most spending money on xHP at this point is a waste. Sorry just my personal opinion.
So I understand it like you haven't tried xHP?
So from a technical perspective you can't answer which one is best?
I don't care about the money for the package.
I seek a comparison from a technical perspective.
Can you change your shift points?

Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 10:42 AM   #34
anielsen71
Lieutenant Colonel
Denmark
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchi435i View Post
Quote:
?

Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 10:42 AM   #35
XxThe_RemedyXx
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Nope haven't tried xHP. Not looking to change shift points and other parameters that I have absolutely zero use for.
      06-15-2019, 10:48 AM   #36
n55david
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 X3 x35i  [0.00]
2015 335i xdrive  [0.00]
Quote:
This is pointless then since the PTF trans flash isnt going to allow you shift point changes etc etc etc... just buy the tranny flash for 350 and be done with it.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 10:49 AM   #37
anielsen71
Lieutenant Colonel
Denmark
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Nope haven't tried xHP. Not looking to change shift points and other parameters that I have absolutely zero use for.
Ok.
Just a bit strange to recommend one of 2 products if you haven't tried both...
I tried xHP on the e9x platform and was happy with it.
But without trying PTF, I would never recommend one from another....

Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 10:51 AM   #38
anielsen71
Lieutenant Colonel
Denmark
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom10R View Post
Quote:
This is pointless then since the PTF trans flash isnt going to allow you shift point changes etc etc etc... just buy the tranny flash for 350 and be done with it.
My point being, how can you recommend one product to another if you only have tried one?

Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 10:52 AM   #39
n55david
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 X3 x35i  [0.00]
2015 335i xdrive  [0.00]
Quote:
My point being, how can you recommend one product to another if you only have tried one?
I strongly recommend a bmw over a fiat...
Appreciate 1
bobalis51.50
      06-15-2019, 10:53 AM   #40
anielsen71
Lieutenant Colonel
Denmark
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
I strongly recommend a bmw over a fiat...
Me 2, and I have tried both....have you?

Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 10:57 AM   #41
n55david
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 X3 x35i  [0.00]
2015 335i xdrive  [0.00]
Quote:
Nope, but I can still Strongly recommend it

I know its not the same in this context but you get what I mean
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 10:59 AM   #42
anielsen71
Lieutenant Colonel
Denmark
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Nope, but I can still Strongly recommend it
Well From my personal experience, I agree with you 😊

Appreciate 1
n55david1295.50
      06-15-2019, 10:59 AM   #43
n55david
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 X3 x35i  [0.00]
2015 335i xdrive  [0.00]
Quote:
HAHA, yeah
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 11:02 AM   #44
anielsen71
Lieutenant Colonel
Denmark
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
HAHA, yeah
Anyone know what the cost of zf 8 speed flash from PTF will be?

Appreciate 0