F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Bye bye 440i Gran Coupe
proTUNING Freaks

09-21-2019, 02:59 PM   #23
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
The enthusiast making the comment used to have a Lexus apparently... he has also had a 135i.... now talking of munters...
Suspect his comments - and his subsequent post - were typed tongue in cheek to get a reaction!

The reality is most of us can't afford to buy and run several different vehicles simultaneously and therefore have to get a compromise that best fits the bill (witness my own F31!). As I've said on other threads, although I can some see advantages personally I'm not a great fan of SUV's; however, I can see why others buy them and like them - each to their own and all that!
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2019, 03:03 PM   #24
ossi1
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M Sport 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncho View Post
Watford fan by any chance?
muff mate, 4th I believe after turning over that shower of shite down the road.

Train got in at 1am so probably a bit narky
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2019, 03:18 PM   #25
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossi1 View Post
Odd forum this.

I kinda thought it was full of enthusiasts but its simply people jumping from one deal to the next poorest deal and the sort of motors you simply don't park up and look back at with any degree of affection.

I understand the 440i I really do but feck me just lob £500/600 at the next 'thing' and you end up like this thread...buying a munter of a motor.
What do you think makes the G01 any less of an “enthusiasts” car than an F30?

I have owned both and the G01 is better in virtually every way, except maybe fuel economy, and subjectively external aesthetics, but of course that is very subjective. But then there’s not really anything subjective about the G01 interior, it is streets ahead of the F30’s.
Appreciate 1
      09-21-2019, 03:22 PM   #26
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
I never said I was an enthusiast. Quote me on that ?

I simply had a misplaced opinion that there may have been a few on here.

Even you with your sense of the ridiculous can see its simply a clearing house of people passing through gobbing off about the next chelsea tractor they can buy...probably include you in that.
I am a car enthusiast. Kids and wife meant I couldn’t have exciting things for most of my life, and being an accountant always convinced myself there were better ways to spend my cash...

A fair few people on here have been around a fair few years. Some now have Chelsea tractors, but have had a few M cars.... they may have a non bmw tractor following a 440i... some of us had BMWs years ago, but have gone through a multitude of brands since, and maybe back in a bmw now or soon...

Me? I have a 5 door Mini. I had a petrol Audi SUV before my current car. Before that a Volvo XC. My history includes a Jeep Cherokee, a Renault Grand Espace, a Vauxhall Sinatra with a 3.0 V6, E90, E46, E30.

Oh and now I have an F90. I might have an X3 next though.
Appreciate 1
      09-21-2019, 03:27 PM   #27
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
muff mate, 4th I believe after turning over that shower of shite down the road.

Train got in at 1am so probably a bit narky
Very impressed with Bournemouth’s start. Amazing what can be done with money. I remember being down there for opening day of the season a few years ago, we won 3-1. Our fortunes have changed since, we are now in the relegation zone in the national league....

To be fair as one of the fans put on our forum earlier..

Played 6, beating the big hitters (relegation contenders) of Villa, Everton and Southampton, drawing with the blunts....it won't last.

Good luck with rest of season!
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2019, 03:28 PM   #28
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNW1 View Post
Suspect his comments - and his subsequent post - were typed tongue in cheek to get a reaction!

The reality is most of us can't afford to buy and run several different vehicles simultaneously and therefore have to get a compromise that best fits the bill (witness my own F31!). As I've said on other threads, although I can some see advantages personally I'm not a great fan of SUV's; however, I can see why others buy them and like them - each to their own and all that!
The thing is, are they really “SUVs”?

I think people’s perceptions of SUVs stems from the days when they were all huge, heavy, slow, off road vehicles with ladder chassis’s. The X3 is a monocoque car based on the same platform as the 3 and 5 series, it’s just slightly jacked up and larger inside to make it more practical, but still does 0-60 in under 5 secs.

And the M40i is 55kg lighter than the new M5!
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2019, 03:28 PM   #29
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:

Even you with your sense of the ridiculous can see its simply a clearing house of people passing through gobbing off about the next chelsea tractor they can buy...probably include you in that.
Well you are on here and this is an enthusiasts forum...
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2019, 03:30 PM   #30
ossi1
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I am a car enthusiast. Kids and wife meant I couldn’t have exciting things for most of my life, and being an accountant always convinced myself there were better ways to spend my cash...

A fair few people on here have been around a fair few years. Some now have Chelsea tractors, but have had a few M cars.... they may have a non bmw tractor following a 440i... some of us had BMWs years ago, but have gone through a multitude of brands since, and maybe back in a bmw now or soon...

Me? I have a 5 door Mini. I had a petrol Audi SUV before my current car. Before that a Volvo XC. My history includes a Jeep Cherokee, a Renault Grand Espace, a Vauxhall Sinatra with a 3.0 V6, E90, E46, E30.

Oh and now I have an F90. I might have an X3 next though.
You keep repeating the same story again and again. Yep wife and kids prevented you from nice motors and now you're spunking any inheritance

Well done. ...seriously when I mention car enthusiasts and you pop up with a Vauxhall Sinatra ffs...
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2019, 04:12 PM   #31
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post

I think people’s perceptions of SUVs stems from the days when they were all huge, heavy, slow, off road vehicles with ladder chassis’s. The X3 is a monocoque car based on the same platform as the 3 and 5 series, it’s just slightly jacked up and larger inside to make it more practical, but still does 0-60 in under 5 secs.

For me the two main turn-offs with SUV's are weight and the relatively high centre of gravity; both are bad news for dynamics and, while I'm sure some of the best SUV's - such as the X3 - do a good job of of hiding it, the basic laws of physics dictate that all other things being equal it's a less attractive combination for the keen driver. However, I guess it depends on how and where you drive and I accept that for many the advantages of things like the higher seating position and increased interior space will more than compensate.

A third turn-off is that as a generalisation I don't find SUV's terribly attractive but I appreciate beauty's in the eye of the beholder!
Appreciate 1
Quantox308.50
      09-21-2019, 04:13 PM   #32
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
You keep repeating the same story again and again. Yep wife and kids prevented you from nice motors and now you're spunking any inheritance

Well done. ...seriously when I mention car enthusiasts and you pop up with a Vauxhall Sinatra ffs...
Well done - you can read. Still spout argumentative shit.

Suggest you stop drinking and make yourself a better person for everyone.

And it was a 3.0 V6 - 210hp back in 99. I liked the fact it was different, the ultimate aim of an enthusiast. Probably why you bought a Lexus...
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2019, 04:23 PM   #33
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNW1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post

For me the two main turn-offs with SUV's are weight and the relatively high centre of gravity; both are bad news for dynamics and, while I'm sure some of the best SUV's - such as the X3 - do a good job of of hiding it, the basic laws of physics dictate that all other things being equal it's a less attractive combination for the keen driver. However, I guess it depends on how and where you drive and I accept that for many the advantages of things like the higher seating position and increased interior space will more than compensate.

A third turn-off is that as a generalisation I don't find SUV's terribly attractive but I appreciate beauty's in the eye of the beholder!
True it depends on what you want from your road car, I'm not ragging the tits off my car everywhere, so for me the X3 handles more than well enough.

If someone wants the best handling then really should have a 2l petrol, the F31 320i M Sport sdrive LCI2 courtesy car I had last week felt like a go kart, the handling was incredible!

Also felt like my arse was about 1 inch off the tarmac too though, and the lack of interior space felt claustrophobic. And the noise at motorway speeds was deafening.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2019, 04:37 PM   #34
ossi1
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Well done - you can read. Still spout argumentative shit.

Suggest you stop drinking and make yourself a better person for everyone.

And it was a 3.0 V6 - 210hp back in 99. I liked the fact it was different, the ultimate aim of an enthusiast. Probably why you bought a Lexus...
Said by one of the most argumentative posters on the forum...I like your style. Very judgemental and easy to do from cyber space.

Why do people assume Fri or sat night posts that dont fit in their custom zone are down to alcohol consumption.

Is that down to your own personal habits ? Please don't include me in that.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2019, 04:44 PM   #35
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep
Drives: Eiger D5

Quote:
Quote:
The enthusiast making the comment used to have a Lexus apparently... he has also had a 135i.... now talking of munters...

Passing through? People hang around here for years and years.

And you know that it's possible to be a motoring enthusiast and need/want a Chelsea tractor, right? Possibly even on a good deal. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Drives - 2020 LR Discovery HSE-L
Previous - 2019 LR Discovery HSE-L // 2016 F36 440i // 2009 E90 320D SE
Appreciate 1
isleaiw18759.00
      09-21-2019, 04:49 PM   #36
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Odd forum this.

I kinda thought it was full of enthusiasts but its simply people jumping from one deal to the next poorest deal and the sort of motors you simply don't park up and look back at with any degree of affection.

I understand the 440i I really do but feck me just lob £500/600 at the next 'thing' and you end up like this thread...buying a munter of a motor.
Terrible manners, come into a thread for a guy who's looking forward to his new car...which is in your opinion a minter of a motor.

Go back and have a read of a few of your own threads.

Your new car

Your new car pranged

Some of the people here were the first to congratulate you and to commiserate or offer advice on your repairs. Enthusiast doesn't have to mean M car and V8s driven at 10/10ths every mile.

I'd suggest if people enjoying their new cars isn't your thing, Bimmerpost isn't for you.

A little tip, if I see a thread or a car I'm not too enthused about I walk on by and look at something else and consider a few basic manners.

Have a super smiley Sunday
mcoops1757.00
Quantox308.50
Eimal22.00
Londoner168.00
      09-21-2019, 05:07 PM   #37
ossi1
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
Terrible manners, come into a thread for a guy who's looking forward to his new car...which is in your opinion a minter of a motor.

Go back and have a read of a few of your own threads.

Your new car

Your new car pranged

Some of the people here were the first to congratulate you and to commiserate or offer advice on your repairs. Enthusiast doesn't have to mean M car and V8s driven at 10/10ths every mile.

I'd suggest if people enjoying their new cars isn't your thing, Bimmerpost isn't for you.

A little tip, if I see a thread or a car I'm not too enthused about I walk on by and look at something else and consider a few basic manners.

Have a super smiley Sunday
To be fair when I offered up my completely run of the mill motor a certain poster who shall remain nameless had a dig that it wasn't exactly the best looking motor in a thread afterwards. Plenty don't. Its a 3 series, I'm hardly delusional enough to think other wise. There is loads of criticism on here and its all about opinions is it not ?

Still its nice you did your research on me which is slightly weird bearing in mind I've been knocking around Bimmerpost for the last five years .

I'm sure the OP will enjoy his car until his deal runs out and he jumps into whatever his next his monthlies allow.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2019, 05:16 PM   #38
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
Terrible manners, come into a thread for a guy who's looking forward to his new car...
Agreed, it's piss poor form.
      09-21-2019, 05:19 PM   #39
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Said by one of the most argumentative posters on the forum...I like your style. Very judgemental and easy to do from cyber space.

Why do people assume Fri or sat night posts that dont fit in their custom zone are down to alcohol consumption.

Is that down to your own personal habits ? Please don't include me in that.
Thanks. Glad to see you have read. Most of my comments are at people I know and have had banter with for a while. I even knew Alex (The op) back in our Audi days.

Tea total mate. Well currently. Mine is based on being married to an alcoholic.

Any more?
Appreciate 1
      09-21-2019, 05:26 PM   #40
ossi1
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
Agreed, it's piss poor form.
Bellend wasnt it ?

I'd call that piss poor form.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2019, 05:28 PM   #41
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Quote:
To be fair when I offered up my completely run of the mill motor a certain poster who shall remain nameless had a dig that it wasn't exactly the best looking motor in a thread afterwards. Plenty don't. Its a 3 series, I'm hardly delusional enough to think other wise. There is loads of criticism on here and its all about opinions is it not ?

Still its nice you did your research on me which is slightly weird bearing in mind I've been knocking around Bimmerpost for the last five years .

I'm sure the OP will enjoy his car until his deal runs out and he jumps into whatever his next his monthlies allow.
Away for the weekend and just catching up on this thread. What a knob head. Nothing further to add to feed the troll. Good night.
Appreciate 1
isleaiw18759.00
      09-21-2019, 06:19 PM   #42
adam.b
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: iX3 Premier

Always there will someone with different opinion, no mater what forum.
Just enjoy your new car.
Appreciate 2
isleaiw18759.00
JustChris17485.50
      09-21-2019, 07:24 PM   #43
Scoobyd
Major
Rep
Drives: E46 330ci Sport / Macan GTS

Quote:
Likely one of the most disrespectful posts I’ve seen on here. No place for talk like this. Expect you’d never make a comment like that if face to face but you’re billy big boll@cks on an internet forum. Well done you big man. Be proud.

If your ramblings aren’t alcohol induced then that just makes you an even bigger pr*@k than the one you’ve already come across as.
Appreciate 2
JustChris17485.50
      09-22-2019, 02:30 AM   #44
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep
Drives: Eiger D5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobyd View Post
Quote:
Likely one of the most disrespectful posts I’ve seen on here. No place for talk like this. Expect you’d never make a comment like that if face to face but you’re billy big boll@cks on an internet forum. Well done you big man. Be proud.

If your ramblings aren’t alcohol induced then that just makes you an even bigger pr*@k than the one you’ve already come across as.
Well said. Completely out of order.

Drives - 2020 LR Discovery HSE-L
Previous - 2019 LR Discovery HSE-L // 2016 F36 440i // 2009 E90 320D SE
Appreciate 1
JustChris17485.50