F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > M4 carbon fiber strut brace and other stiffening parts on F32 4 series !!
European Auto Source (EAS)

08-31-2018, 04:16 PM   #221
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotjonnL View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipphreak View Post
Here's my semi-finished phase 3b. Strut tower brackets installed.

This would be an alternative to the Carbon Fiber Strut Brace.. Cost about $180 USD
Your car came with provisions on the strut towers to bolt up the corner braces? I wonder if that's the same on the F30
Looking at m2c oem alloy and CF U brace install - strut parts that tie-in to bulkhead corners are omitted.

See f87 post link below

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1529263

BP
      03-31-2019, 11:52 AM   #222
Lancelot
Major
France
Rep
Drives: 2014 M Sport ActiveHybrid3

reviving this old thread... I think I'm having issue with knocking sound at the outermost attachment points, the ones that link the main frame, they seem to knock when accelerating/braking, or hard cornering, anyone's got the same issue? a fix?

thanks!
M Performance BBK - F80 CFRP struts brace - Quaife LSD - M adaptive suspension/ST sport springs - Akrapovic Exhaust - HJS EU6 downpipe - Wagner Evo2 Comp IC - BMC air filter - Powerflex Black Subframe Bushings - Bimmertech amp with Focal speakers
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2019, 03:21 AM   #223
Lancelot
Major
France
Rep
Drives: 2014 M Sport ActiveHybrid3

Hi all!

Quick update on this thread... 2 years later

I got millway 'hybrid' (because they're a mix of F30 and F80) camber plates fitted (pics below), which is great for 3 reasons:
- I get additional camber I needed
- It's a hybrid plate so it fits the F80 struts bar (3 holes for this) since they used an F80 plate, with an F30 center piece so the inner diameter matches that of F30 dampers - no more adjustment ring (see this post https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...&postcount=158 and this https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...&postcount=191)
- It's a street version so no bearing but instead a polyurethane vibration damper, close enough to OEM rubber in terms of vibration.

Quite happy with this - highly recommended and the guys are awesome there, went out of their way to make a customized product for my need.

If you're interested they've actually made this an off the shelf product now, this is the version with ball bearing, and the street version is supposed to be available soon, the one I got is the last prototype hence the gold color.
http://www.millway.se/camber-plates-...m4-hybrid.html

Apart from that I'm in the process of fitting the final 4 black rods, but I need to make custom parts as the F80 console parts do not really fit for whatever reason?
(referring to this https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...&postcount=108), so need to find a way to create a 3D model and get them 3D printed... more fun to come.

Finally I need to redo the blind rivets because they were damaged by uncautious use of impact wrench - I'm not sure yet how to go about this...
Attached Images

M Performance BBK - F80 CFRP struts brace - Quaife LSD - M adaptive suspension/ST sport springs - Akrapovic Exhaust - HJS EU6 downpipe - Wagner Evo2 Comp IC - BMC air filter - Powerflex Black Subframe Bushings - Bimmertech amp with Focal speakers
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2020, 03:46 PM   #224
tobefair-idontcare
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 340ix 8AT

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to share my experiences in following this guide laid out several years ago, just in case anyone with late model F30/32s was still interested in these mods. I have a 2017 340i xdrive for those wondering.

Last fall I decided to pick up Dinan springs/stops and install them when the weather got nice. I told myself if I was changing the springs Iíd change the shock mount hats to OEM F80s just in case I decided to do the rest of the M3/4 stiffener mods. Long story short, I went nuts, amassed all the parts this winter (except the carbon strut, itís mostly cosmetic) and decided to go for it. Less than 1k all said and done.

This week I had the springs installed, F80 shock mounts and undercarriage support brace included. Went home, installed the alloy strut brace and after a little messing around I got it in place, torqued down, and all buttoned up.

Really happy with the results. Havenít beat on it too hard so I can say for sure if it was worth the time and money, but I had a lot of fun doing it all. Iíll update once I put the car through itís paces.

Just my .02!
Appreciate 1
      03-08-2020, 08:35 AM   #225
disintegrator66
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 340i M-Sport 6MT THP MPPSK

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobefair-idontcare View Post
I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to share my experiences in following this guide laid out several years ago, just in case anyone with late model F30/32s was still interested in these mods. I have a 2017 340i xdrive for those wondering.

Last fall I decided to pick up Dinan springs/stops and install them when the weather got nice. I told myself if I was changing the springs Iíd change the shock mount hats to OEM F80s just in case I decided to do the rest of the M3/4 stiffener mods. Long story short, I went nuts, amassed all the parts this winter (except the carbon strut, itís mostly cosmetic) and decided to go for it. Less than 1k all said and done.

This week I had the springs installed, F80 shock mounts and undercarriage support brace included. Went home, installed the alloy strut brace and after a little messing around I got it in place, torqued down, and all buttoned up.

Really happy with the results. Havenít beat on it too hard so I can say for sure if it was worth the time and money, but I had a lot of fun doing it all. Iíll update once I put the car through itís paces.

Just my .02!
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2020, 05:54 PM   #226
IK6SPEED
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobefair-idontcare View Post

Last fall I decided to pick up Dinan springs/stops and install them when the weather got nice. I told myself if I was changing the springs I’d change the shock mount hats to OEM F80s just in case I decided to do the rest of the M3/4 stiffener mods. Long story short, I went nuts, amassed all the parts this winter (except the carbon strut, it’s mostly cosmetic) and decided to go for it. Less than 1k all said and done.

Really happy with the results. Haven’t beat on it too hard so I can say for sure if it was worth the time and money, but I had a lot of fun doing it all. I’ll update once I put the car through it’s paces.

Just my .02!
I 100% disagree that CFBR strut is mostly cosmetic.

Anyone doing this, I had titanium washers created to use holding the struts/dampeners in place properly. Decided to go with titanium over Stainless Steel.

Was ridiculous to purchase a pair $500 as price came down sharply with quantity after setup. Also cost me an additional $200 to get a design engineer to make current file that was needed as well.

If anyone wants a pair for $200, hit me up. Otherwise will cost you around $700 to replicate what I did for a pair.