F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 10.25" Android 10 HU discussion
GetBMWParts

04-01-2020, 04:41 PM   #199
EvntHrzn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeee83 View Post
Regarding the bootloop issue, i am now 90% sure it is the old netflix app that is causing this issue!

Be aware!
I almost want to reinstall it just to see if it causes a bootloop, but I really hate the thought of messing up the unit right now.

I use the car so seldomly atm so it's nice to just have it work when I do.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 05:53 PM   #200
tottibas
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2017

Android 10 - Issues April 2020!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90ROXS View Post
I bought an AONON unit, I think these are all from the same manufacturer. I followed instructions and installed all the wires, including remove the green optical wires and attached to the Android power plug. However the system has no audio and my OEM camera doesn't. The device also displays "No signal" when I switched back to OEM menu. Please help thanks~!!!!!
My car is a 2016 F30 340i.
Same. I thought this would be an easy plug n play situation. Man oh man....
Here's a list of my personal issues post install this week.

1. NO SIGNAL on iDrive side (android is working well). I have tried removing the GREEN fiberoptic cables and putting them back on. I saw the diagram and they are in the proper attachment site. The LVDS cable is properly attached onto the android screen as well. Absolutely no clue as to why there continues to be a no signal problem. Have been on all possible websites trying to understand the issue.

2. AUDIO: I have tried all possible configurations and I am unable to hear anything from the android side. I have increased AUX volume on android. I have clicked on manual AUX and automatic AUX on factory menu settings. I have tried ALPINE AUX, HARMAN AUX, OTHER AUX and nothing. I have installed AUX cable to my car's AUX input in the center console and nothing happens. There is no other scenario I can come up with. Very disappointing. FURTHERMORE, I am unable to access the iDrive menu and so cannot switch to AUX from there either.

3. CarPlay: I purchased a wireless carplay, however, there seems to be NO CARPLAY APP. I have looked at all the apps, but there isn't a carplay. What is going on?

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 07:39 PM   #201
EvntHrzn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tottibas View Post
Same. I thought this would be an easy plug n play situation. Man oh man....
Here's a list of my personal issues post install this week.

1. NO SIGNAL on iDrive side (android is working well). I have tried removing the GREEN fiberoptic cables and putting them back on. I saw the diagram and they are in the proper attachment site. The LVDS cable is properly attached onto the android screen as well. Absolutely no clue as to why there continues to be a no signal problem. Have been on all possible websites trying to understand the issue.

2. AUDIO: I have tried all possible configurations and I am unable to hear anything from the android side. I have increased AUX volume on android. I have clicked on manual AUX and automatic AUX on factory menu settings. I have tried ALPINE AUX, HARMAN AUX, OTHER AUX and nothing. I have installed AUX cable to my car's AUX input in the center console and nothing happens. There is no other scenario I can come up with. Very disappointing. FURTHERMORE, I am unable to access the iDrive menu and so cannot switch to AUX from there either.

3. CarPlay: I purchased a wireless carplay, however, there seems to be NO CARPLAY APP. I have looked at all the apps, but there isn't a carplay. What is going on?

Can't comment much on 1 or 2, but for 3 I know when I owned an Eonon unit (which I returned because the Bluetooth microchip literally fell out of the unit because someone forgot to solder it properly), I know they had their own proprietary app (well proprietary enough). You should be able to get it from their site or contact them. I had to do that once to download the app again after a factory restore.

Although Eonon themselves never responded to my emails, the seller that I got the unit from on Amazon was super helpful and seemed to be affiliated with the company. Let me know if you want his/her contact info if you do in fact have an Eonon unit, they may be able to help or at least direct you to the right place.

(I know that for my current Avin unit, they use an app called AutoPlayBox).
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 09:19 PM   #202
tottibas
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvntHrzn View Post
Can't comment much on 1 or 2, but for 3 I know when I owned an Eonon unit (which I returned because the Bluetooth microchip literally fell out of the unit because someone forgot to solder it properly), I know they had their own proprietary app (well proprietary enough). You should be able to get it from their site or contact them. I had to do that once to download the app again after a factory restore.

Although Eonon themselves never responded to my emails, the seller that I got the unit from on Amazon was super helpful and seemed to be affiliated with the company. Let me know if you want his/her contact info if you do in fact have an Eonon unit, they may be able to help or at least direct you to the right place.

(I know that for my current Avin unit, they use an app called AutoPlayBox).
You're right! Searched on the AVIN site and found a link to the app. Hopefully it works.

Anyone have any idea about points 1 and 2? I see many posts with these same issues, but no answers anywhere.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2020, 04:08 AM   #203
ande86
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F20

About Carplay, I think that the vendorīs app should work, as there are different carplay possibilities. Thatīs why you should get the app from your vendor.

The optic cable didnīt make any diffenrence to the sound in my unit. The only thing I could observe was, that I couldnīt get a connection to connected drive and couldnīt make any changes in the bord computer when it wasnīt plugged in.

I think you wonīt hear any sound until you switch media to AUX on the BMW side, which is a little bit difficult when you get no signal there.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2020, 11:36 AM   #204
tottibas
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ande86 View Post
About Carplay, I think that the vendorīs app should work, as there are different carplay possibilities. Thatīs why you should get the app from your vendor.

The optic cable didnīt make any diffenrence to the sound in my unit. The only thing I could observe was, that I couldnīt get a connection to connected drive and couldnīt make any changes in the bord computer when it wasnīt plugged in.

I think you wonīt hear any sound until you switch media to AUX on the BMW side, which is a little bit difficult when you get no signal there.
Right. I'm trying to figure out if there's any way to fix this no signal issue. Hard to believe that my cable suddenly stopped working while doing the hardware change.

Anyone? Thx!
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2020, 11:36 AM   #205
Myd00m
Rep
Drives: BMW e82

Anyone experiencing a small glitch on the image when switching from the android side to the CIC side?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2020, 11:42 AM   #206
ande86
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F20

Quote:
Originally Posted by tottibas View Post
Right. I'm trying to figure out if there's any way to fix this no signal issue. Hard to believe that my cable suddenly stopped working while doing the hardware change.

Anyone? Thx!
No signal issues are mostly related to cable connection issues. You probably have to got through the harness and check the pins. Unfortunately I donīt know which one is responsible for the picture on the BMW side. Thereīs also a small black box integrated in the harness, inside is a 15A fuse, you could check this one. But normally if the fuse is broken the whole unit doesnīt start as these are the power cables.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2020, 09:51 PM   #207
tottibas
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ande86 View Post
No signal issues are mostly related to cable connection issues. You probably have to got through the harness and check the pins. Unfortunately I donīt know which one is responsible for the picture on the BMW side. Thereīs also a small black box integrated in the harness, inside is a 15A fuse, you could check this one. But normally if the fuse is broken the whole unit doesnīt start as these are the power cables.
Ande86, this is some great advice. I'll check back on this and report!
Thx!

Anyone else?
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2020, 11:49 AM   #208
alessioliuzzi98
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw e87

Black screen on boot

Hello, I've a problem with my Android 10.25 with Snapdragon 625 because when I start engine and the stereo is on boot (with connectedDrive logo) sometimes it stucks on black screen, have any of you already encountered this problem? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2020, 03:45 PM   #209
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myd00m View Post
Anyone experiencing a small glitch on the image when switching from the android side to the CIC side?
I`m also having this behavior from on my E87, when i scroll a little bit it does get stable again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alessioliuzzi98 View Post
Hello, I've a problem with my Android 10.25 with Snapdragon 625 because when I start engine and the stereo is on boot (with connectedDrive logo) sometimes it stucks on black screen, have any of you already encountered this problem? Thanks
My old PX6 unit had it and my SD625 is having this issue also sometimes.
I normally do a reset then id does start again, sometimes 2 resets are necessary.

I noticed that the Android system itself is booting up as i hear DAB-Z app then.
So it seems the MCU controller only does stuck.
As i modified my unit i`m not able to get any warranty from the seller, so i have to live with it.

Kri
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2020, 07:20 PM   #210
Mjam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E87, i3, Taycan Cross Turismo

Quote:
I've had a black screen a couple of times, maybe in cold weather, but reverse gear and backup camera is still working, and black screen is gone when I switch back. I'm not sure if this is the same problem as yours?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2020, 04:32 AM   #211
alessioliuzzi98
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw e87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirjam View Post
I've had a black screen a couple of times, maybe in cold weather, but reverse gear and backup camera is still working, and black screen is gone when I switch back. I'm not sure if this is the same problem as yours?
I have exactly the same problem
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2020, 10:36 AM   #212
ruifilipeb
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 118d F20

Unhappy Bmw F20 Android system fail

Hello, recently my aftermarket android system, failed.
It doesnīt start no more and i can only have access to the car system, touch screen doesnīt work, nothing related to the Android system.
I tryed to reset it, unplug the battery, and still doesnīt work.
I was wondering if itīs possible to reinstall the software through a pendrive.. or something like that. I donīt wont to buy a new one. This one came already with the car.

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2020, 11:08 AM   #213
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruifilipeb View Post
Hello, recently my aftermarket android system, failed.
It doesnīt start no more and i can only have access to the car system, touch screen doesnīt work, nothing related to the Android system.
I tryed to reset it, unplug the battery, and still doesnīt work.
I was wondering if itīs possible to reinstall the software through a pendrive.. or something like that. I donīt wont to buy a new one. This one came already with the car.

Thank you
You can try the factory Recovery method (page 1 Thread), but be patiend, this may take +10 minutes with showing no screen until it is finished.

-----------------------------------------

I updated my 2GB/32GB System now also with Android 10, it seems to also work with this, not only 4GB/64GB
At the moment i`m working on my Desk bench again until now it seems to run fine.

i also tested the touchscreen in recovery mode again and it seems to work fine at least there
It still does not work in Bootloader mode.
Info: "Simple Reboot" does require root to work.

Kri
Appreciate 2
      04-05-2020, 12:23 PM   #214
GreNder2000
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw x5 e70

Quote:
Hi, I had the same problem with the black screen on e70, helped in factory setting change the setting from harman to other.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2020, 01:03 PM   #215
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep

As i`m now also on Android 10, i tested Netflix again and it does Work
I tested it with a 6.26.1.
So working Widevine seems to be the first real new feature for Android 10.

Name:  netflix.png
Views: 1955
Size:  38.9 KB

Please note, as Netflix verison 4 seems to crash the system, i wasn`t running it long enough to see if will also appear on V6.

Kri
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2020, 07:55 PM   #216
EvntHrzn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kri View Post

Attachment 2276524

Please note, as Netflix verison 4 seems to crash the system, i wasn`t running it long enough to see if will also appear on V6.

Kri
Promising! Installing 6.26.1 on my Avin Android 10 unit today, April 5, 2020. I'll report back if and when I get a bootloop. It has been over a month with no bootloop without the the old Netflix v4 being installed.

Does anyone know if this is a relatively safe source for that version?:
https://mobile.softpedia.com/apk/net...uild+15+31696/
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2020, 10:15 PM   #217
gsnake
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 2012

Quote:

Attachment 2276524

Kri
hey Kri, how come you are now on Android 10? So, what is your feedback? Strangely there were no more SW updates for couple of weeks now..
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2020, 11:08 PM   #218
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvntHrzn View Post
Promising! Installing 6.26.1 on my Avin Android 10 unit today, April 5, 2020. I'll report back if and when I get a bootloop. It has been over a month with no bootloop without the the old Netflix v4 being installed.

Does anyone know if this is a relatively safe source for that version?:
https://mobile.softpedia.com/apk/net...uild+15+31696/
i downloaded mine from apkpure.com, i had issues with V7 to login it didn`t recognized my mail adress, with V6 it was working.
It`s also possible to download movies and play them later

Iīll try to grab the latest APK from my moblie this week then at least i have a trustfull source

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsnake View Post
hey Kri, how come you are now on Android 10? So, what is your feedback? Strangely there were no more SW updates for couple of weeks now..
I haven`t tried it much, what i noticed is that in "Dark mode" and ID7 the left small icons do have a grey background instead of the black one.
Also i had two unexpected reboots, but maybe because i did no factory/wipe reset installation of the last version.

As long as there are no critical issue`s reported no updates do come out.
so as it`s pretty new it`s on us to report issues to the Sellers, as more users report them the better is the chance to get it fixed.

i lately reported the scrolling bug, when you push the controller sidways and then rotate it, it always does a rotate to left first altough you have srcollt to right.
maybe some other people could also report this

Kri
Appreciate 1
gsnake19.00
      04-06-2020, 06:11 AM   #219
ruifilipeb
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw 118d F20

Bmw F20 Android system fail

Quote:
You can try the factory Recovery method (page 1 Thread), but be patiend, this may take +10 minutes with showing no screen until it is finished.

-----------------------------------------

I updated my 2GB/32GB System now also with Android 10, it seems to also work with this, not only 4GB/64GB
At the moment i`m working on my Desk bench again until now it seems to run fine.

i also tested the touchscreen in recovery mode again and it seems to work fine at least there
It still does not work in Bootloader mode.
Info: "Simple Reboot" does require root to work.

Kri
Ok, i installed the file Ksw-P-Userdebug_OS_v2.3.5-ota.zip without unzip.. transfered to a pen, i tryed in the radio, i did the reset, you can see that the pen reads 2 times for about 4/5 sec. and then stops, doesnīt do nothing... i have access to the car system and thatīs it. allways when i start the radio it stays in the BMWconnectedDrive, and i have to press the Menu or Radio button. But no touch screen and no access to the Android system. this is kiling me
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2020, 06:44 AM   #220
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruifilipeb View Post
Ok, i installed the file Ksw-P-Userdebug_OS_v2.3.5-ota.zip without unzip.. transfered to a pen, i tryed in the radio, i did the reset, you can see that the pen reads 2 times for about 4/5 sec. and then stops, doesnīt do nothing... i have access to the car system and thatīs it. allways when i start the radio it stays in the BMWconnectedDrive, and i have to press the Menu or Radio button. But no touch screen and no access to the Android system. this is kiling me
Ksw-P-Userdebug_OS_v2.3.5 is Android 9 (and very old, latest Android 9 file is 3.8.7) , this Thread is Android 10 !

Have you followed the recovery guide ? you have to rename the zip file and also rename the thumbdrives name.
If you are still on Android 9 then use the Naming convention from Android 9 (P) , not Android Android 10 (Q)
After every successful process you need to rename the thumbdrive again and delete the dummy text file that has been created on the drive.

Kri
Appreciate 0