F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Help with FCW
Studio RSR

09-17-2018, 10:37 AM   #1
ShellShark
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i

Help with FCW

Hi all, I recently purchased a 2015 F30. It had two warning messages when I purchased it.. (talked the dealer(non-BMW) down 2k because of the messages)

messages were:

collision warning system inactive
pedestrian warning malfunction

Also the LCW would not turn on either.

Talked with a BMW dealer on the phone and they theorized that the dealer I purchased the car from replaced the windshield and damaged the KAFAS2 camera.

I don't live within 250 miles of a BMW dealer, so I bought a KAFAS2 camera online and replaced it myself. Now the LCW works great, the speed limit sign recognition is now working and the collision and pedestrian warnings are no longer showing up.

**However...the problem is** The collision warning system does not appear to be working at all. I can press the button for the feature down under the light selector panel, the light above the button comes on and the main display shows information about the feature being activated, but when I test it out, I get no warning when I nearly rear-end anyone... so I really don't know where to go next. I have a service apt with a dealer at the end of the month, but if I can resolve this on my own and save a 500 mile trip, I'd greatly appreciate it.

When I decode the VIN, S5ASA is listed as an option, and I do have 5AS in the FA.

Thanks in advance...
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2018, 12:10 PM   #2
TufftyUK
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 335dxM Shaddow

Does your car have a radar sensor on the bumper or does it rely on the camera to provide FCW?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2018, 07:38 PM   #3
ShellShark
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TufftyUK View Post
Does your car have a radar sensor on the bumper or does it rely on the camera to provide FCW?

I do not have ACC, so no radar sensor... only camera for FCW.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 03:59 AM   #4
TufftyUK
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 335dxM Shaddow

Oh right, the thought I had won't apply then.

Just to confirm, your car is now clear of all error messages but you believe the pedestrian system is not working because you've tried to test it yourself and haven't got the results you were expecting?
Appreciate 0