F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Driver Not In Position To Have Proper Control
Studio RSR

10-16-2018, 02:20 PM   #23
sahajesh
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2021 G05 X5 40i Tanzanite Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr Dreier View Post
LobB in the passenger seat bending over the driver giving him some head?
What are the points and fine for this?
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2018, 02:43 PM   #24
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30Andy View Post
It would be nice to see what evidence they have.

Does anyone know if I can request this and if so how?
Could you let him keep his job, but negotiate the high excess with insurer and alter his contract to say he's responsible for that excess? If he enjoys working there he might say ok.

Also, before getting photos or lawyers, personally, I'd have another face to face and say if he's honest about it to you, that he uses his phone when driving, you'll help him keep his job if you can. And tell him if you support him and challenge it and it turns out in the end he's been lying, you'll fire him with no reference.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2018, 03:41 PM   #25
robbiep
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VW e-Golf !

Quote:
It would be nice to see what evidence they have.

Does anyone know if I can request this and if so how?
Much as it's hard to say, but any evidence is fuck all to do with you or the company. You simply provide details of the driver to the Police.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2018, 04:30 PM   #26
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

What I meant was, I bet he does have at least an idea.

I once had a manager come to me in tears on a Monday morning saying she'd been caught drink driving and was going to get banned. She said it was the morning after a session and she was only just over the limit. She was office based, I was tempted to let her stay. My boss said we had to fire her as we couldn't set a bad example to our drivers.

Glad we did. I saw a newspaper report a few weeks later that said she was 4 times over the limit and she was found asleep at the wheel, in a crashed car, in the middle of a roundabout on the A61. The only element of truth was that it said she was found at 5:30am, so technically the morning after.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 04:25 AM   #27
Ss66
Captain
Rep
Drives: F32 440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscopete822 View Post
either playing with phone or some other electronic device . Police now use Double Decker buses to spot and record convictions (London)
Police here in the west mids also using the same tactics
2008 Toyota Yaris sr
2005 e46 320d. 1996 316i.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 05:36 AM   #28
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

What ethos do you expect from the company's employees ? According to you this guy has been working himself ragged, taking on more and more work, and trying to do a good job. Meanwhile 'the management' are apparently getting stoned, hiring private jets/helis, driving luxury cars, and paying themselves in cash so as to avoid tax. Maybe he, and others, have the impression that they can all do whatever the fuck they like because that's the example set at the top. Except, they company isn't going to waste any of the precious party money on increased insurance premiums for the employees if people make a few errors of judgement.

At this stage, assuming his points tally is 12 points or less, he is still legal to drive and apparently does a good job. Clearly some driver awareness training is required. Why not make the most of his dedication and motivation and help him progress ?

If the company is intent on kicking him into the long grass presumably it will follow due process from an employment rights perspective. Does it even have an HR Policy ?
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 3
dizzy619446.50
Hooded1669.00
davyk311037.50
      10-17-2018, 11:16 AM   #29
sahajesh
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2021 G05 X5 40i Tanzanite Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsey View Post
What ethos do you expect from the company's employees ? According to you this guy has been working himself ragged, taking on more and more work, and trying to do a good job. Meanwhile 'the management' are apparently getting stoned, hiring private jets/helis, driving luxury cars, and paying themselves in cash so as to avoid tax. Maybe he, and others, have the impression that they can all do whatever the fuck they like because that's the example set at the top. Except, they company isn't going to waste any of the precious party money on increased insurance premiums for the employees if people make a few errors of judgement.

At this stage, assuming his points tally is 12 points or less, he is still legal to drive and apparently does a good job. Clearly some driver awareness training is required. Why not make the most of his dedication and motivation and help him progress ?

If the company is intent on kicking him into the long grass presumably it will follow due process from an employment rights perspective. Does it even have an HR Policy ?
Perhaps he can drive the manager and his wife to Stansted where they can get an Air Harrods chartered flight somewhere, at least get one drive out of him? :
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 01:10 PM   #30
ossi1
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M Sport 340i

What would amount to not being in proper control?
Drinking something whilst at the wheel. Maybe a soft drink, coffee, tea etc.
Eating at the wheel. Maybe sweets, crisps or a banana etc.
Putting on that last minute makeup you didn’t have time to do at home before you left.
Map reading – this could be from a paper map or on an electronic satellite navigation system.
Using a mobile phone other than for making or receiving calls. Maybe looking at the satellite navigation system or choosing your favourite music to play whilst driving.

http://www.grayandcosolicitors.co.uk...motor-vehicle/

If you look at the bottom of that NIP it says he might be eligible for an educational course

Hopefully he was simply eating a banana or something and can do the course.
Appreciate 1
Dyl432.50
      10-17-2018, 01:50 PM   #31
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Quote:

I must admit the irony of the thread wasn't lost on me either.
      10-17-2018, 02:12 PM   #32
Hooded
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M-Sport

Quote:

Attached Images

Appreciate 1
sahajesh2294.00
      10-17-2018, 02:29 PM   #33
JD6
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 840i GC + Mini Electric L3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossi1 View Post
What would amount to not being in proper control?
Drinking something whilst at the wheel. Maybe a soft drink, coffee, tea etc.
Eating at the wheel. Maybe sweets, crisps or a banana etc.
Putting on that last minute makeup you didn’t have time to do at home before you left.
Map reading – this could be from a paper map or on an electronic satellite navigation system.
Using a mobile phone other than for making or receiving calls. Maybe looking at the satellite navigation system or choosing your favourite music to play whilst driving.

http://www.grayandcosolicitors.co.uk...motor-vehicle/

If you look at the bottom of that NIP it says he might be eligible for an educational course

Hopefully he was simply eating a banana or something and can do the course.
Interesting list. I wasn’t aware that eating something like a sweet would be an offence.

That seems pretty strange, given that you still seem to be allowed to smoke whilst driving. The risk of distraction by perhaps dropping a cigarette are far greater than dropping a sweet, and of course lighting a cigarette is potentially quite distracting.

The law doesn’t seem at all sensible.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 03:00 PM   #34
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooded View Post
I've got a different image in my mind.
Attached Images

Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 2
Wills28656.00
F30Andy1772.50
      10-17-2018, 03:30 PM   #35
Harryg
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 4series Grand Coupe

Quote:
I really don't get idiots like this.

He has bluetooth hands free in the car and built in sat nav.

On top of this he has had two speeding tickets come in this week as well from where he has been flashed by the same camera in the same place on different days.

Looks like he's getting the sack then.
I would imagine the company to have a set of company policies and procedures as well as a decent employment contract for all employees.

These would be used to review the employee and should be used in case
where dismissal could be an option. The employee should know what actions can be taken. Failing to adhere to the company policies and procedures leaves the company wide open to precedent should another employee have similar problems with their employment
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 04:14 PM   #36
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

If there's no HR Manager for the disciplinary maybe Andy could book one from Adultwork, pretend it's a bit of role play?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2018, 05:24 AM   #37
Oceanic
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Audi S5

I had one of my sales guys on 15 points, the court let him go over the 12 and keep his license as if he lost it it would cause hardship to others as he had to drive his disabled Father to the hospital and to get shopping etc

If he's a good worker write him a support letter for court and he may well keep his license, productive hard working people are hard to find as I'm sure you know
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2018, 08:25 AM   #38
davyk31
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS :-) & F40 M135i

A lot of good advice above regarding needing to follow proper HR processes in any dismissal, anyone who thinks they can just sack the guy if they want to isn't living in the real world nor are they being fair to their employees. Does sound big and hard I understand to say they will just fire someone but not realistic and will be management be too drunk or stoned to do anything about it anyway.
Appreciate 0