F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > M Sport brake logo fade
Studio RSR

02-13-2018, 07:52 PM   #23
fortythirtyfive
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 435i MS

Got the car back today much sooner than anticipated! Brakes are super spongey but they've had a whole change out so I'm going to give it a week before working out why I almost have no braking power lol.
      02-13-2018, 08:33 PM   #24
Seba77W
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i Xdrive Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by producerlawson View Post
Got the car back today much sooner than anticipated! Brakes are super spongey but they've had a whole change out so I'm going to give it a week before working out why I almost have no braking power lol.
Awesome ! And nice wheels!
      02-23-2018, 11:52 AM   #25
cdwalls
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F32

Quote:

I've noticed my brakes seem to be a bit spongy as well. Im not sure if i need new pads and rotors already or what. I figured the dealership would have mentioned something to me during my caliper swap if they were low.

Are your brakes still giving you this issue?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2018, 08:55 PM   #26
John in VA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdwalls View Post
I've noticed my brakes seem to be a bit spongy as well. Im not sure if i need new pads and rotors already or what. I figured the dealership would have mentioned something to me during my caliper swap if they were low.
Are your brakes still giving you this issue?
Unless you have some loose hardware, "spongy" is a fluid issue or air in the system problem - not pads or rotors.
2015 BMW 228i in EstorilBlau II Metallic / Terra Dakota Leather - 6-speed manual, M Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Lighting Package, Premium Package, Harman Kardon premium sound, Anti-theft alarm system, Blue Metallic Matt Accent Moldings, Aluminum Hexagon Interior Strips, Anthracite Headlining
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2018, 05:26 PM   #27
fortythirtyfive
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

So either the dealer never bled my brakes properly after fitment or they never topped up any fluid that was taken out.. either way mine are back to normal, however only because karma bit me on the arse.

After trying to resolve an issue with discs/pads noise I accidentally pumped the brake pedal too hard whilst the caliper was hung up, one of the pistons popped out and when it went in for repairs the caliper was dragged along the road by the recovery

Currently waiting for BMW UK to finish their investigation - had to have the piston refitted with new seals and an entire brake system flush with new fluid.
      02-25-2018, 06:27 PM   #28
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Hi guys. Has anybody had issues with the M logo fading on their brakes? Tried rubbing compound but I think the logo is actually faded. Front is faded, rear is not. I think its just a sticker under the clearcoat, with that said, are there replacement stickers?
As noted, not OEM but search BMW BRAKE DECAL in eBay

No idea how they look or hold up.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2018, 07:30 PM   #29
cdwalls
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
As noted, not OEM but search BMW BRAKE DECAL in eBay

No idea how they look or hold up.
I stated in the thread the dealership has replaced my faded calipers
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2018, 07:32 PM   #30
cdwalls
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So either the dealer never bled my brakes properly after fitment or they never topped up any fluid that was taken out.. either way mine are back to normal, however only because karma bit me on the arse.

After trying to resolve an issue with discs/pads noise I accidentally pumped the brake pedal too hard whilst the caliper was hung up, one of the pistons popped out and when it went in for repairs the caliper was dragged along the road by the recovery

Currently waiting for BMW UK to finish their investigation - had to have the piston refitted with new seals and an entire brake system flush with new fluid.
what a nightmare, sorry to hear!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2018, 07:45 PM   #31
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
I stated in the thread the dealership has replaced my faded calipers
Actually posted for others reference.

Glad yours were replaced!
Appreciate 1
cdwalls701.00
      02-25-2018, 07:47 PM   #32
cdwalls
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Actually posted for others reference.

Glad yours were replaced!
For some reason it seems this thread has gained the most traction out of all other brake fade threads, so I appreciate your tip!
Appreciate 1
IK6SPEED4488.00
      02-26-2018, 07:44 AM   #33
perryo91
Captain
Uganda
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
For some reason it seems this thread has gained the most traction out of all other brake fade threads, so I appreciate your tip!
I just feel like your dealership was more inclined to replace yours under warranty because it was so new?

Mine's still under manufacturer warranty but has 47k so I doubt they'd replace it.
      02-26-2018, 08:23 AM   #34
fortythirtyfive
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryo91 View Post
I just feel like your dealership was more inclined to replace yours under warranty because it was so new?

Mine's still under manufacturer warranty but has 47k so I doubt they'd replace it.
I've clocked 43k miles and my warranty expires in less than a week now.. they were happy to do it for me. Definitely worth a shot considering they're roughly around £1100 per side.
cdwalls701.00
      02-26-2018, 09:32 AM   #35
perryo91
Captain
Uganda
Rep

Quote:
I've clocked 43k miles and my warranty expires in less than a week now.. they were happy to do it for me. Definitely worth a shot considering they're roughly around £1100 per side.
Ah good to hear! I'll definitely give it a shot before mine expires.

I gotta go in for the passenger door lock.

As far as wording goes... What did you say just that it was fading? If they give me a reply like "That typically happens when customers use harsh car soaps" should I reply and say that I'm using the soap they sell?
      02-26-2018, 09:40 AM   #36
cdwalls
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

As far as wording goes... What did you say just that it was fading? If they give me a reply like "That typically happens when customers use harsh car soaps" should I reply and say that I'm using the soap they sell?
I have 38k, not necessarily "new". As for wording, I scheduled the entire visit around the fading brake logo (proper phrase is brake logo delamination), so they knew it wasn't an afterthought.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2018, 10:15 AM   #37
Seba77W
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i Xdrive Coupe

Quote:
Quote:

If you'd scroll through the thread more you Would see that I had mine replaced under warranty at 49k miles. SA called up the shop foreman to take a look since it was going to be his call. Foreman said: "We can take care of it, we just did one recently". Then SA says he wants to get the wording just right on the work order and that the proper term is "M logo on caliper is delaminating". Good luck.
      02-26-2018, 01:11 PM   #38
perryo91
Captain
Uganda
Rep

Quote:
I have 38k, not necessarily "new". As for wording, I scheduled the entire visit around the fading brake logo (proper phrase is brake logo delamination), so they knew it wasn't an afterthought.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seba77W View Post
If you'd scroll through the thread more you Would see that I had mine replaced under warranty at 49k miles. SA called up the shop foreman to take a look since it was going to be his call. Foreman said: "We can take care of it, we just did one recently". Then SA says he wants to get the wording just right on the work order and that the proper term is "M logo on caliper is delaminating". Good luck.
Got it. Appreciate it dudes.
      01-14-2023, 09:51 PM   #39
Enel
Rep
Drives: 330i Sapphire Black

I found this for solution but have no idea if it is a temporary solution or not. Check it out.
      01-15-2023, 06:00 AM   #40
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enel View Post
https://youtu.be/5tnzG4KFZzw

I found this for solution but have no idea if it is a temporary solution or not. Check it out.
Not sure how this subject even turned into a long thread. Guys have been repainting and powder coating brake calipers for many years so heat resistant ///M logos have been available forever online.

I actually ditched my ///M logos when I changed my calipers to black so I had Brembo logos made in white. Photo shows the contact information for the supplier who I’ve used many times. Quick high quality work at a very reasonable price.

Hope this helps!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0