F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > NEW RELEASE: DINANFLASH Handheld for the BMW B58M0 Engine
GetBMWParts

11-10-2021, 02:06 PM   #23
Dinan_Engineering
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickski06 View Post
I’d really just like some sort of communication from them. I’ve called twice, submitted a ticket online and posted on here with nothing other than the previous post from 5 days ago telling me 24-48 hours. I was promised a phone call that never happened, no emails, nothing. I spend $700 after tax and can’t even get a response as to when I might be able to actually use the product. If it's going to take however long because of whatever reason, fine, but just let me know something
Apologize for the delay on the forums. Been tackling some releases and have failed on being very diligent here. Regardless, I know Andrew has been trying to reach you via phone since at least Monday (talked to him that morning about it at least). He has called a few times everyday and left a few voicemails with his extension as well as his cell to call back so it can be discussed. Perhaps the phone number that was entered originally was incorrect? If you can please PM me a good phone number I can relay that over to him so you guys can chat about next steps.

FWIW - since release we have had 2 units that have went out to customers with vehicles with unknown / old codes that need updatesthus far. One is your 340i and then there was an M240i which has had a new file uploaded to the server for it this afternoon.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 02:21 PM   #24
Nickski06
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
Apologize for the delay on the forums. Been tackling some releases and have failed on being very diligent here. Regardless, I know Andrew has been trying to reach you via phone since at least Monday (talked to him that morning about it at least). He has called a few times everyday and left a few voicemails with his extension as well as his cell to call back so it can be discussed. Perhaps the phone number that was entered originally was incorrect? If you can please PM me a good phone number I can relay that over to him so you guys can chat about next steps.

FWIW - since release we have had 2 units that have went out to customers with vehicles with unknown / old codes that need updatesthus far. One is your 340i and then there was an M240i which has had a new file uploaded to the server for it this afternoon.
Thanks for the reply, PM sent
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2021, 02:50 PM   #25
Nickski06
Private First Class
Rep

So it's my car's fault, really out of date software version. I've just been running a JB4 for the last couple years, so didn't ever think about how old of version I have.

Thanks to Dinan for getting back with me (leave a voicemail the first time, too many spam calls from different area codes, lol)
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2021, 11:34 AM   #26
Rdurty2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

When you get your file be sure to post up impressions compared to the JB4
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2021, 07:54 AM   #27
BP340
Rep
Drives: 2018 340

Any update or review on this? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2021, 08:41 PM   #28
Info@mad-us.com
Rep

Drives: bmw

Pretty neat product. Will it flash 2021 cars m340 and supra?
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2021, 06:16 AM   #29
Dinan_Engineering
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Info@mad-us.com View Post
Pretty neat product. Will it flash 2021 cars m340 and supra?
No. This is presently just for the B58(M0) engine and not the B58(O1) engine in the newest iterations.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2021, 09:26 AM   #30
BP340
Rep
Drives: 2018 340

Nickski06

Any update on this? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 07:13 AM   #31
Nickski06
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP340 View Post
Nickski06

Any update on this? Thanks.
Sorry I didn’t update sooner, but there is no update. Unfortunately, I returned it and never got to try it out. There is only one BMW dealer that was willing to update my software and they were booked out for a while, over an hour round trip drive, plus wanted $360 to do it. I do all my own work, so I’ve never had this car, or any car at a dealership before, so no wonder my software was so out of date.

In total, I would have had $1060 in doing this tune. If I didn’t already have a JB4 on my car, I would probably have just done it, but my car runs great and has been for about 18 months or so I’ve had the JB4 on it. I don’t track the car, it’s just a daily that I wanted just a bit more punch. The JB4 on map 2 gives me that, so I’m content. If I want to be faster than this, I’ll just buy a faster car
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 10:34 AM   #32
Rdurty2
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Sorry I didn’t update sooner, but there is no update. Unfortunately, I returned it and never got to try it out. There is only one BMW dealer that was willing to update my software and they were booked out for a while, over an hour round trip drive, plus wanted $360 to do it. I do all my own work, so I’ve never had this car, or any car at a dealership before, so no wonder my software was so out of date.

In total, I would have had $1060 in doing this tune. If I didn’t already have a JB4 on my car, I would probably have just done it, but my car runs great and has been for about 18 months or so I’ve had the JB4 on it. I don’t track the car, it’s just a daily that I wanted just a bit more punch. The JB4 on map 2 gives me that, so I’m content. If I want to be faster than this, I’ll just buy a faster car
Why would your stock software need to be updated in order to flash the Dinan software? That doesn't make sense.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 11:40 AM   #33
Nickski06
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdurty2 View Post
Why would your stock software need to be updated in order to flash the Dinan software? That doesn't make sense.
They told me it was too old and that safety features have been added by BMW over the years that they want to see before flashing. Car is a 16' and software is from 18'. I bought the car in early 19' and it's never been to the dealer since.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 11:49 AM   #34
Rdurty2
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
They told me it was too old and that safety features have been added by BMW over the years that they want to see before flashing. Car is a 16' and software is from 18'. I bought the car in early 19' and it's never been to the dealer since.
That just seems bizarre. The Dinan map should have all of those new features as it's essentially overwriting the stock one.

Oh well
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2021, 09:20 AM   #35
scottunzicker
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i

Just pulled the trigger on the Dinan handheld for my '19 440i. It should be here on Thursday, but I won't get around to messing with it until next week. I'll post my impressions over the holidays, if I get a chance. Thanks to this board and all y'all's comments!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2021, 09:51 AM   #36
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottunzicker View Post
Just pulled the trigger on the Dinan handheld for my '19 440i. It should be here on Thursday, but I won't get around to messing with it until next week. I'll post my impressions over the holidays, if I get a chance. Thanks to this board and all y'all's comments!
Congrats

let us know your feedback once installed

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2021, 09:22 PM   #37
isenc2
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 340i xDrive Stage 1

Garage List
Got one for myself last month for my 2016 340i xDrive, started with 91 tune, pretty decent torque bump. However, one day I drove down to Phoenix to get 100 octane gas, flashed it again to 100 tune(took me like 1 minute), the 100 tune is insane. So much torque, definitely a lot faster than stock. You can tell the torque curve is very balanced not jittering at all. I can tell Dinan put a lot of time and effort into this. Now I'm getting a bilstein b12 pro kit cuz my luxury line suspension squat way too much with 410whp. I personally think this handheld device would be perfect for someone that want to experience stage 1 and build up to stage 2. Dinan, I super appreciate you guys release this awesome device for b58 first. I personally would prefer a Dinan tune than any other tuner on the market right now.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2021, 11:56 PM   #38
CrimsonMoonLight72
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i Xdrive

Quote:
Does not allow you to custom tune. You have a few calibration options to choose from (based around octane) as your mapping options. Nothing from Dinan will EVER accomodate a DP fully-- clearing/surpressing the resulting CEL is illegal (tampering with an emissions control device). Will the tune work with a DP? Sure. But it would not be optimized for it nor correct for the resulting CEL.

Currently there is not a burble option but there *could* be at a future date within the coding option menu. We opted to not include it just because we wouldnt allow going over factory settings for emissions reasons and the thought was the vast majority of folks will want to increase, not decrease, them which would cause some confusion/irritation.
So it looks like there are only stage 1 maps ( to be used with a stock car just like BM3 and others ) just different octanes, like BM3 .....? And performance of said maps cannot be enhanced by any additional mods for the stage 1 tunes like BM3 and others.....so until there is a stage 2 better off keeping car completely stock for these tunes it seems. Those numbers on the dyno graphs also look similar to BM3 and mhd ...number wise that is. Dinan is one of the most trusted for sure I guess.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2022, 10:37 AM   #39
WDE82
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 440iGC F36

The value in this product appears to be the fact you don't have to send your DME off to be bench unlocked. That's pretty cool. However the value disappears immediately if you don't need a bench unlock. I almost bought this but MHD won out since my computer didn't need an unlock.

Dinan is probably losing a ton of sales for this reason. So they'd be wise to give an option for the unlock tool to be included or not and sell for $100-$150 cheaper to compete with MHD and BM3.
      01-03-2022, 09:30 AM   #40
Dinan_Engineering
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDE82 View Post
The value in this product appears to be the fact you don't have to send your DME off to be bench unlocked. That's pretty cool. However the value disappears immediately if you don't need a bench unlock. I almost bought this but MHD won out since my computer didn't need an unlock.

Dinan is probably losing a ton of sales for this reason. So they'd be wise to give an option for the unlock tool to be included or not and sell for $100-$150 cheaper to compete with MHD and BM3.
The price will be the price regardless of if the unlock harness (poweir box) is included or not. Unlike the others mentioned there is a physical device component to this solution instead of just using your exiting phone, an app, and an additional OBD dongle. As a result its naturally going to be more expensive then just a standalone software option. We can debate what is better as there are arguments for both methods but a standalond handheld is the direction we decided on.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2022, 10:11 AM   #41
WDE82
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 440iGC F36

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDE82 View Post

The price will be the price regardless of if the unlock harness (poweir box) is included or not. Unlike the others mentioned there is a physical device component to this solution instead of just using your exiting phone, an app, and an additional OBD dongle. As a result its naturally going to be more expensive then just a standalone software option. We can debate what is better as there are arguments for both methods but a standalond handheld is the direction we decided on.
I think the stand-alone has clear benefits especially for just stage 1 level tunes. The only real drawback is the additional cost. I'm only suggesting offering a separate price point for people who know their DME is unlocked.
      01-06-2022, 09:52 PM   #42
daveyfx
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

Would this be friendly with light mods, specifically a high-flow catted downpipe?

Thank you
      01-07-2022, 07:54 AM   #43
Dinan_Engineering
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyfx View Post
Would this be friendly with light mods, specifically a high-flow catted downpipe?

Thank you
Would function but we do not specifically tune for downpipe modifications for emissions reasons. As such if the DP does cause a CEL it would not supress it.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2022, 10:49 AM   #44
daveyfx
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

Quote:
Would function but we do not specifically tune for downpipe modifications for emissions reasons. As such if the DP does cause a CEL it would not supress it.
So, would there be any risks to running a high-flow catted dp with this tune? Would the dp brings any gains with this tune? I would absolutely be running a dp that doesn't require CEL supression.