F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Bimmertech wireless charger for iphone 10 & iphone 12?
Extreme Powerhouse
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-17-2022, 08:30 PM   #1
AllaVodka
Lieutenant
417
Rep
511
Posts

Drives: BMW B58
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Bimmertech wireless charger for iphone 10 & iphone 12?

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
https://www.bimmer-tech.net/category...harger-for-bmw

LCI 340i

Looking at this product. I have an iphone 10s and the wife a 12. Not the max ones.

Anyone know how phones of this size would fit on these charging mats? My phones doesnt fully fit in that space to begin with, so am a bit skeptical
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 08:34 PM   #2
ooshnoo
Lieutenant Colonel
ooshnoo's Avatar
United_States
785
Rep
1,540
Posts

Drives: 2014 428i and 2018 X5
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Buford, GA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 BMW X5  [0.00]
2014 BMW 428i  [5.00]
You can get the same thing on Amazon or eBay for 1/4 of the price.
__________________

___________________
2014 F32 428i M-Sport
2018 F15 M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 08:57 PM   #3
AllaVodka
Lieutenant
417
Rep
511
Posts

Drives: BMW B58
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooshnoo View Post
You can get the same thing on Amazon or eBay for 1/4 of the price.
Yeah but not a fan of the battery logo on those. Either way, do they fit nicely or are the pads too small. Tks
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 10:43 PM   #4
eff32fl
First Lieutenant
eff32fl's Avatar
132
Rep
310
Posts

Drives: 2018 430i M Sport
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

There are these options on Amazon that are much cheaper. Not sure about fitment with phone sizes. The first one is similar to the Bimmertech version but doesn't have a lip so more phones should work with it. There have been people that have installed this or similar clones.

https://www.amazon.com/Console-Stora...Y1Z52NVD4D1NSS

https://www.amazon.com/SIGHILL-Acces...87WYB2KW&psc=1
Appreciate 1
BMW BRAD130.00
      01-18-2022, 09:28 AM   #5
AllaVodka
Lieutenant
417
Rep
511
Posts

Drives: BMW B58
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eff32fl View Post
There are these options on Amazon that are much cheaper. Not sure about fitment with phone sizes. The first one is similar to the Bimmertech version but doesn't have a lip so more phones should work with it. There have been people that have installed this or similar clones.

https://www.amazon.com/Console-Stora...Y1Z52NVD4D1NSS

https://www.amazon.com/SIGHILL-Acces...B2KW&psc=1
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2022, 12:46 PM   #6
S4NoMore
Captain
S4NoMore's Avatar
United_States
226
Rep
969
Posts

Drives: 16 340i, 15 X3d, 91 318i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Philly suburbs

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3  [0.00]
1991 BMW 318i  [4.33]
CarQi seems like the most semi-legit knockoff versus a seemingly random Amazon listing: https://www.carqiwireless.com/produc...2017-2018-2019

I have a 12pro, not the max, and I think I know what you mean - the phone doesn't sit all the way into the little cubby there, because the slider tab sticks up. But with the charger retrofit, fitment I think is a nonissue because the charging surface sits a little higher than the tab on the cupholder cover.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 10:49 AM   #7
Fizzius
New Member
3
Rep
15
Posts

Drives: 2016 340xi
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: The OP

iTrader: (0)

Found this one that would fit my Ď16 340ix msport and kinda like it. Looks like the charge pad is angled into the cubby so if you stop hard you arenít Yeeting your phone into the backseat and gives additional USB a/c connections.

SIGHILL Wireless Car Charger Compatible with BMW Accessories for (2016-2018) 3 Series 4 Series All Models.Qi 15W MAX, 2-Port Type C with 18W PD and 12W QC3.0(Dock M4CS) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B094D15SKL...JA266PK9GEMMTQ
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 01:21 PM   #8
dg02
New Member
5
Rep
17
Posts

Drives: 340i xdrive
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Maine

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzius View Post
Found this one that would fit my Ď16 340ix msport and kinda like it. Looks like the charge pad is angled into the cubby so if you stop hard you arenít Yeeting your phone into the backseat and gives additional USB a/c connections.

SIGHILL Wireless Car Charger Compatible with BMW Accessories for (2016-2018) 3 Series 4 Series All Models.Qi 15W MAX, 2-Port Type C with 18W PD and 12W QC3.0(Dock M4CS) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B094D15SKL...JA266PK9GEMMTQ
I have one of these and love it. They occasionally go on sale for around $80 which makes it a little palatable. Have been using it for about a year and a half. Looks OEM, the only thing is you lose the ability to close the cupholder lid. Highly recommend.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 01:22 PM   #9
dg02
New Member
5
Rep
17
Posts

Drives: 340i xdrive
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Maine

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg02 View Post
I have one of these and love it. They occasionally go on sale for around $80 which makes it a little palatable. Have been using it for about a year and a half. Looks OEM, the only thing is you lose the ability to close the cupholder lid. Highly recommend.
One more thing, some people claim that it pops out on occasion. Not true. You need to remove the rubber pad in the back tray then it fits perfect
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 05:13 PM   #10
WillLowe
Lieutenant
186
Rep
477
Posts

Drives: F32 435d
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne

iTrader: (0)

£24.22 50%OFF | Car qi wireless charger water cup holder trim for BMW 3 series F22 F20 M4 F82 F30 F31 F32 F34 F36 phone fast charging board
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrUp2pw

had this for 2 years without issue and its nearly 1/10th the price
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2022, 05:32 AM   #11
SuperLomi
Private First Class
31
Rep
106
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: KY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eff32fl View Post
There are these options on Amazon that are much cheaper. Not sure about fitment with phone sizes. The first one is similar to the Bimmertech version but doesn't have a lip so more phones should work with it. There have been people that have installed this or similar clones.

https://www.amazon.com/Console-Stora...Y1Z52NVD4D1NSS

https://www.amazon.com/SIGHILL-Acces...87WYB2KW&psc=1
Both of these can be found even cheaper from AliExpress (probably half the price). The only thing you get from buying from Amazon is faster shipping (maybe).
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2022, 09:12 AM   #12
MicroSux
Private
United_States
31
Rep
51
Posts

Drives: MB SLK55, BMW 340i MPPSK
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: Central MN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllaVodka View Post
https://www.bimmer-tech.net/category...harger-for-bmw

LCI 340i

Looking at this product. I have an iphone 10s and the wife a 12. Not the max ones.

Anyone know how phones of this size would fit on these charging mats? My phones doesnt fully fit in that space to begin with, so am a bit skeptical
I have the 13 pro max, it fits and charges.
__________________
2022 X7 M50i
2020 X7 M50i (LEMON'd)
2017 BMW 340i MPPSK
2008 MB SLK55AMG
Appreciate 1
AllaVodka417.00
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:30 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST