F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > *DETAILS POSTED* Who's down for a suspension demo/comparison meet (Bay Area)?
ARMA SPEED

01-05-2020, 11:35 PM   #45
andino
Captain
Rep
Drives: F31 328i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreuz View Post
Thanks FaRKle! for setting this up! Now if I could just have andino 's steering, FaRKle! 's suspension setup, jh_f30 's stance, romemedrano 's aero bits on Moupe 's color then I'll be golden (and very, very broke)
Farkie and I did a couple different spring combos with his spreadsheet. I think I have a path forward so my car will ride more like his does. Hopefully will get the parts ordered and the process started soon!
      01-05-2020, 11:39 PM   #46
kreuz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by andino View Post
Farkie and I did a couple different spring combos with his spreadsheet. I think I have a path forward so my car will ride more like his does. Hopefully will get the parts ordered and the process started soon!
I forgot to mention I also need to make my car sound like yours lol it was a blast.
Appreciate 1
andino479.50
      01-06-2020, 02:03 AM   #47
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
Thanks for coming out all! Here's some of the footage and interviews from today. Hope we can get another one together for other folks in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romemedrano View Post
Thank you again for setting this up. Your car drove amazing man... I'm still shocked! Shaikh was one of the most knowledgeable guy i ever spoke with and super chill. I need to talk to him about building me a set in the near future. The combo you have makes me want to replicate the same feeling as a driver on my own car! As bad as I wanted coilovers id be honestly happy with your shock/spring combo. The perfect pairing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andino View Post
Feel free to shoot me questions on the FCM process or if you need help doing some of the spring rate/weight/ride frequency calculations when you're ready to plan your build.

Also romemedrano, Shaikh can make a coilover setup for you (doesn't have to be OE style springs and struts) if you use a Bilstein B14/B16 or H&R Street Performance coilover set as donors instead of Bilstein B6/8 like I did. Excellent excuse to grab a cheaper used set for sale on the forums (like this one). andino will be doing that with his current B14 set and getting new springs.

Please don't PM me for suspension recommendations unless interested in paid private consultations.
Appreciate 1
andino479.50
      02-20-2020, 03:31 PM   #48
SD29
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M Sport

Any plans for another meet up?
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2020, 10:55 AM   #49
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD29 View Post
Any plans for another meet up?
Unfortunately, not at this time. Maybe after I finish some other mods, lol.

Please don't PM me for suspension recommendations unless interested in paid private consultations.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2020, 02:34 PM   #50
itsrichierich
Moto Lover
Rep
Drives: '19 BMW S1000XR

I need to put something like this for the SoCal guys!
Appreciate 1