F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > 430i GC Spring Dilemma
ARMA SPEED

02-23-2021, 01:31 PM   #1
slfsh36
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F36

430i GC Spring Dilemma

So I seemed to have found a gap in product availability designed for my 2018 430i GC, RWD. After speaking to a rep with Eibach and a couple hours researching the web, I have no clear path for purchase.

I would like to lower my ride height but keep my EDC in tact. I know H&R has an offering but based on other members experiences, I’d like another option.

Can anyone speak on a solution for my setup? Someone with Eibach mentioned using a spring designed for the F30/32 chassis.

Thanks for the help!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2021, 01:43 PM   #2
SD Convert
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 430i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by slfsh36 View Post
Someone with Eibach mentioned using a spring designed for the F30/32 chassis.
I believe the first step would be to determine the front/rear weight of your car and to find other vehicles with similar front or rear weights and compressed spring heights. Use the lowering springs from the appropriate end of those vehicles.

The other approach is to measure loaded and unloaded (out of car) spring height and have someone make you a custom set. This would probably be more expensive, but not by much.

Also, FaRKle! created a suspension frequency calculator that might help you to fine-tune/match the desired spring rates.

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1721678

Good luck
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2021, 02:15 PM   #3
slfsh36
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD Convert View Post
I believe the first step would be to determine the front/rear weight of your car and to find other vehicles with similar front or rear weights and compressed spring heights. Use the lowering springs from the appropriate end of those vehicles.

The other approach is to measure loaded and unloaded (out of car) spring height and have someone make you a custom set. This would probably be more expensive, but not by much.

Also, FaRKle! created a suspension frequency calculator that might help you to fine-tune/match the desired spring rates.

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1721678

Good luck

I’ll have a look, thanks for the guidance. 🙏🏽
Appreciate 0