F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > Oil leak 328i 2013 help
GetBMWParts

03-15-2021, 09:01 AM   #23
RogerMcGowan
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red 2013 BMW 328i

I wanted to come back and update this (over a year later).....once the vacuum pump was replaced, I didn't have leaks for awhile so I thought all was fixed. Then the leaks started again. I broke down and took it to a certified BMW repair shop to get it looked at. After about 2 hours of looking around, they finally found that it was nothing more than some $5 cap/plug that was missing. It was replaced and I never had any issues at all after that. I will reach out to the shop today to see if they still have record of the part and part number. I should say, that puddle in OP was all I could see, but the mechanic said once he got into the motor, there was oil splattered everywhere.
Appreciate 1
splashy27.50
      03-15-2021, 03:51 PM   #24
splashy
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerMcGowan View Post
I wanted to come back and update this (over a year later).....once the vacuum pump was replaced, I didn't have leaks for awhile so I thought all was fixed. Then the leaks started again. I broke down and took it to a certified BMW repair shop to get it looked at. After about 2 hours of looking around, they finally found that it was nothing more than some $5 cap/plug that was missing. It was replaced and I never had any issues at all after that. I will reach out to the shop today to see if they still have record of the part and part number. I should say, that puddle in OP was all I could see, but the mechanic said once he got into the motor, there was oil splattered everywhere.
interesting, update us once you find out exactly what it was . thanks.
Appreciate 0