F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > BM3 stage 1 questions
proTUNING Freaks

08-15-2018, 11:14 PM   #45
Jadenkid22
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 30i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3RIES28 View Post
Can someone post vid of their burbles with Stage 1. My car doesn't have any burbles on deceleration on Stage 1. Only when i upshift while WOT but this was happening even when i was on Dinan Sportronics so it has nothing to do with BM3.

My extra burbles on Stage 1 non AGG on my N26 are only on SPORT or SPORT+. On comfort/eco the car feels stock as fuck lol.

http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5b7454c7d10b4335f7a35658

anyone wants to look at my log? everything seems fine to me, wondering if IAT temps are always over 120?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2018, 09:21 AM   #46
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadenkid22 View Post
My extra burbles on Stage 1 non AGG on my N26 are only on SPORT or SPORT+. On comfort/eco the car feels stock as fuck lol.

http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5b7454c7d10b4335f7a35658

anyone wants to look at my log? everything seems fine to me, wondering if IAT temps are always over 120?
MY EYES

Okay, so my first recommendation will be to turn off half of those values. You can turn on some for a specific log but otherwise you won't need things like battery temp and such. Secondly, you probably don't want to take them as long.

So, your log appears fine and you seem to be driving through the city or a neighborhood(given the low gears), so high IAT is normal since it also appears to have been 80~ degrees. With an upgraded FMIC and on the highway or doing a pull, you'll see the IAT drop drastically. Otherwise, everyone's IATs will be high at slower driving speeds.

2013 F30 328i: MHI Big Turbo, GFB DV+, Mishimoto CAI, ER TIC/CP/Catless DP, AWE Touring Quad Exhaust w/ Resonated Midpipe, NGK LI Plugs, BM3 with PTF Stage 2 91 AGG Tune, Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP, Solowerks S1 Coilovers, and DEPO/M-Sport Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2018, 09:48 AM   #47
Jadenkid22
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 30i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunkerJ View Post
MY EYES

Okay, so my first recommendation will be to turn off half of those values. You can turn on some for a specific log but otherwise you won't need things like battery temp and such. Secondly, you probably don't want to take them as long.

So, your log appears fine and you seem to be driving through the city or a neighborhood(given the low gears), so high IAT is normal since it also appears to have been 80~ degrees. With an upgraded FMIC and on the highway or doing a pull, you'll see the IAT drop drastically. Otherwise, everyone's IATs will be high at slower driving speeds.
Thanks for the reply!

Since i live in NYC i usually don't ever drive past 40 mph. LOTs of stop and go here. Yesterday was my first time datalogging spent hours on google researching normal values of cars. I can't turn off all the values because i literally can't scroll on BM3's website I read that i need a mouse since trackpads usually don't work. I usually just zoom out to find anything.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2018, 07:17 AM   #48
MaskedBimmer
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xdrive n26

ER Catted Downpipe Safe burble Settings

I’m thinking about getting a catted downpipe. If I go onto stage 2 non-agg 93 OTS, will the burbles on that map mess up my cells inside my catted downpipe?

Also will going onto stage 1 or stage 2 non-agg setup my burble settings for me where it doesn’t give my (stock cat/high flow cat) a huge beating or do I have to do that myself?

Also if I lower the slider on the burble settings will it still ruin my stock ca or high flow cat?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2018, 07:52 AM   #49
Noelified
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F36

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedBimmer View Post
I’m thinking about getting a catted downpipe. If I go onto stage 2 non-agg 93 OTS, will the burbles on that map mess up my cells inside my catted downpipe?

Also will going onto stage 1 or stage 2 non-agg setup my burble settings for me where it doesn’t give my (stock cat/high flow cat) a huge beating or do I have to do that myself?

Also if I lower the slider on the burble settings will it still ruin my stock ca or high flow cat?
Curious to see the answers to this from guys who are running this setup. I was under the impression, if you are programmed Stage 1, the burble settings are dependent to that, thus meaning all assumed safe. Equally, if you are stage 2, the burble settings are also linked to the expected hardware necessary for stage 2. Or are the burble settings a completely independent group that have no link what stage you are on? So to visually ask the question, is it--

1. Stage 1 program / Stage 1 appropriate burble settings
2. Stage 2 program / Stage 2 appropriate burble settings

or

1. Stage 1 program
2. Stage 2 program
3. Burble settings
║ VRSF HD FMIC ║ ER DP custom paint ║ AWE cat back Exhaust Suite ║ NGK Plugs ║Bootmod3 Stage 1 93 ║ GFB DV+ ║ BMS 10mm Front ⁞ 12mm Rear Spacers ║ P Style BSM Rear Spoiler ║ Smoked Front Reflectors ║ Madico Onyx 20 Tint ║ LCI Lighted Trim Bezel ║ Opti-Coat Pro+ ║
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2018, 09:04 AM   #50
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelified View Post
Curious to see the answers to this from guys who are running this setup. I was under the impression, if you are programmed Stage 1, the burble settings are dependent to that, thus meaning all assumed safe. Equally, if you are stage 2, the burble settings are also linked to the expected hardware necessary for stage 2. Or are the burble settings a completely independent group that have no link what stage you are on? So to visually ask the question, is it--

or

1. Stage 1 program
2. Stage 2 program
3. Burble settings
I don't have a Stage 1 map to play around with and see if you can configure it but for stage 2 and stage 2 AGG, they come with their respective burble settings but can be overridden.

2013 F30 328i: MHI Big Turbo, GFB DV+, Mishimoto CAI, ER TIC/CP/Catless DP, AWE Touring Quad Exhaust w/ Resonated Midpipe, NGK LI Plugs, BM3 with PTF Stage 2 91 AGG Tune, Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP, Solowerks S1 Coilovers, and DEPO/M-Sport Retrofit
Appreciate 1
Noelified228.00
      09-20-2018, 10:31 AM   #51
rjd_F30
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelified View Post

or

1. Stage 1 program
2. Stage 2 program
3. Burble settings
Stage 1 is pre-set to OEM burbles (or maybe OTS but they're pretty much the same regardless), so nothing that could be remotely harmful to the cat. Stage 2 I thought was the same way, but perhaps they're preprogrammed to be more aggressive due to the assumption of the tune being run alongside a catless or high flow catted downpipe. Either way though, to answer your question, no matter what stage you're on burbles can be configured independently of the stage/map. You can go all the way from 0 burbles to full blown all the way cranked up burbles on either map.

The burble setting is largely independent of what stage tune you are on.
      09-20-2018, 02:38 PM   #52
Noelified
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F36

Garage List
Since we're on the subject of burbles and tunes, I want to point out my observations with respect to exhaust system and burbles. Just so we don't assume all BM3 burble settings will give standard results. I understand the physics of whats happening and it makes perfect sense but I just wanted to mention what I have observed even prior to running a tune on a 2016 N26.
1. Catless DP, stock N26 mid-pipe and muffler
  • very slight burbles only on high rev to 5+k
  • During drive no burbles in any drive mode
2. Catless DP and AWE mid-pipe + AWE axle-back
  • Incredible AK47 burble revving 3k or above
  • 1-2 second AK47 burble between shifts sport, sport+
  • low tone decel burbles sport, sport+
  • burble only when driving hard, eco, comfort modes
3. Stock cat DP, AWE mid-pipe + AWE axle-back
  • very low tone 1-2 sec burble revving 5k
  • 1 second very low growl burble between shifts sport, sport+
  • no burbles comfort mode
  • decel burbles in stop and go traffic Eco mode

Again this is without a tune and burble settings.
So having the AWE mid-pipe and axle-back resonator has made the biggest difference in burble, this will most likely be true for anyone who has muffler delete. The catless DP only made a significant difference with the AWE suite and that difference was more tone then anything.
║ VRSF HD FMIC ║ ER DP custom paint ║ AWE cat back Exhaust Suite ║ NGK Plugs ║Bootmod3 Stage 1 93 ║ GFB DV+ ║ BMS 10mm Front ⁞ 12mm Rear Spacers ║ P Style BSM Rear Spoiler ║ Smoked Front Reflectors ║ Madico Onyx 20 Tint ║ LCI Lighted Trim Bezel ║ Opti-Coat Pro+ ║

Last edited by Noelified; 09-20-2018 at 03:22 PM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 1
rjd_F301999.50