F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 10.25" Android 10 HU discussion
Studio RSR

09-20-2021, 11:20 AM   #4467
nediam
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 2014

Hi y'all.
What do you think about
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...c00IpZfMe&mp=1

Does it fit? Will it be 'too much'?
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2021, 10:04 PM   #4468
jadams84
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 440i xdrive

recommendations for what I need to upgrade my screen size and quality so i can stream movies (Netflix)? Wife said I can do whatever I want as long as she gets those 2 things.

2019 440ixdrive NBT evo id6. We both use iPhones and want the system to function as it does now.

Thoughts on these?
https://avinusa.com/12-30-multimedia...2-f83-f84.html

https://autotecpro.com/product/bmw-4...gation-system/
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2021, 02:58 AM   #4469
serge858
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 E70

Quote:
Originally Posted by nediam View Post
Hi y'all.
What do you think about
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...c00IpZfMe&mp=1

Does it fit? Will it be 'too much'?
Thanks
I think its too big for F30 even if it fits well.
12.3 is fine for F01, F10, F07, F25.
I would recommend to purchase 10.25 for F30. It looks oem like and the size is optimal.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2021, 09:05 PM   #4470
Muzamil
Rep
Drives: BMW 325 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTH View Post
Ok, i was looking for DAC adapters. I found a lot. The one you mentioned, FiiO e10K is it the only that can do the job or also other brands are working well? Also, the USB connection it's only for power or it serves other functions? If it's only for power, is it possible to connect it in the USB port inside the armrest near the AUX port or must be on the android USB?
Sorry for asking too many question but i'm trying to understand how this thing works.

Regards,
George
Hi, 1st post here today after lurking for almost a year

With regards to the DAC, my experience has been that the Fiio e10k gives the best experience if you are looking for a plug and play solution.

Other DAC will work but the problem you may encounter is that most of them are designed to drive 32ohm headphones while the Aux in port of the car has a much higher impedance. I have read various figures in different posts quoting impedance values of 500ohm upwards.

This means that the DAC cannot provide sufficient power to give a satisfactory listening volume. Even my Fiio K3 couldn't drive my Aux In port. I have tried a couple more DACs too and all had the same issue.

I am going to try plugging the output of the DAC to a portable headphone amplifier to see if that will provide sufficient power but that may lead to other issues later such as noise from the power supply etc. Only go down this path if you are a dedicated audiophile willing to spend time and money for some very subjective gain and have some basic electronic knowledge.

Meanwhile the e10k works flawlessly.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2021, 02:20 AM   #4471
Silahsor_66
Rep
Drives: Bmw e90

Boys and Girls dont buy from this crap of shit buyur, they want noy help you when you ask files to give, they blok you from chat if you want the file. They dont answer you questions or late.

Dont buy from this buyur.

Sz-kianda
https://m.nl.aliexpress.com/store/v3/home.html?shopId=1899623&sellerId=225530983&pagePa th=index.htm
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2021, 03:29 AM   #4472
serge858
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzamil View Post
Hi, 1st post here today after lurking for almost a year

With regards to the DAC, my experience has been that the Fiio e10k gives the best experience if you are looking for a plug and play solution.

Other DAC will work but the problem you may encounter is that most of them are designed to drive 32ohm headphones while the Aux in port of the car has a much higher impedance. I have read various figures in different posts quoting impedance values of 500ohm upwards.

This means that the DAC cannot provide sufficient power to give a satisfactory listening volume. Even my Fiio K3 couldn't drive my Aux In port. I have tried a couple more DACs too and all had the same issue.

I am going to try plugging the output of the DAC to a portable headphone amplifier to see if that will provide sufficient power but that may lead to other issues later such as noise from the power supply etc. Only go down this path if you are a dedicated audiophile willing to spend time and money for some very subjective gain and have some basic electronic knowledge.

Meanwhile the e10k works flawlessly.
What do you mean by DAC cannot provide sufficient power? If you consider DAC as an amplifier then yes I would agree, if as DAC, then it does the job. It definitely improves android sound quality.

I have two amps in my car plus DSP and USB DAC Fiio K3 - all together this system sounds very good, power is more than enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silahsor_66 View Post
Boys and Girls dont buy from this crap of shit buyur, they want noy help you when you ask files to give, they blok you from chat if you want the file. They dont answer you questions or late.

Dont buy from this buyur.

Sz-kianda
https://m.nl.aliexpress.com/store/v3...Path=index.htm
Agree, this buyer is at least not helpful. I had one case with him, clarified a few questions before the order, then later on I had to return it back because he gave me wrong information on the product.

Last edited by serge858; 09-22-2021 at 03:54 AM..
Appreciate 1
F20_M135i100.50
      09-22-2021, 04:38 AM   #4473
Muzamil
Rep
Drives: BMW 325 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge858 View Post
What do you mean by DAC cannot provide sufficient power? If you consider DAC as an amplifier then yes I would agree, if as DAC, then it does the job. It definitely improves android sound quality.

I have two amps in my car plus DSP and USB DAC Fiio K3 - all together this system sounds very good, power is more than enough.
Looks like it is car head unit dependent. on the e90 factory headunit, the power is insufficient even after i turn on the gain on the aux channel to the maximum
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2021, 03:09 PM   #4474
Mjam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E87, i3, Taycan Cross Turismo

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge858 View Post
If you consider DAC as an amplifier then yes I would agree, if as DAC, then it does the job. It definitely improves android sound quality.
Do you experience improved sound quality also if you use the headphone output connected to the car AUX?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2021, 05:30 AM   #4475
F20_M135i
Lieutenant
France
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 M140i Xdrive

Yes but with muffled audio

no problem with the other socket, which considerably improves the sound (original BMW HIFI system)
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2021, 07:22 AM   #4476
serge858
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjam View Post
Do you experience improved sound quality also if you use the headphone output connected to the car AUX?
Never tried that. Also my AUX in the armrest is disconnected for better sound.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2021, 09:42 AM   #4477
Konradical6
Private
Rep
Drives: E70

Is there a way to make my WiFi HU accept a sim, maybe some kind of USB modem? I find that using my phone as a hotspot times out
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2021, 09:43 AM   #4478
Konradical6
Private
Rep
Drives: E70

Quote:
Originally Posted by shqipmafija View Post
I have excellent news; I have solved the enduring mic issues!!!!!
I did EVERYTHING. Android Bluetooth, OEM Bluetooth, box mic, car mic, paring, unpairing. Everything.
I had it, and went and thought about it. If the issue is the fact that things keep getting routed to the shitty Android mic, why not replace the mic?
So I went on Amazon and looked for “android usb mic”. I found a USB A microphone that advertised it was expressly compatible with Android.
I also picked up a mini USB hub.

Today I plugged the hub into one of the 2 USB ports (the other one is connected to RedErik’s beloved FIIO magic), then the USB mic in.

Calls in CarPlay are now about the same quality as the original mic. Texts aren’t getting cut off, speech to text is accurate. The whole thing was like $30.

If it doesn’t work, just surrender and get another mic. It’s not worth it flatulating around with the settings endlessly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shqipmafija View Post
I have excellent news; I have solved the enduring mic issues!!!!!
I did EVERYTHING. Android Bluetooth, OEM Bluetooth, box mic, car mic, paring, unpairing. Everything.
I had it, and went and thought about it. If the issue is the fact that things keep getting routed to the shitty Android mic, why not replace the mic?
So I went on Amazon and looked for "android usb mic". I found a USB A microphone that advertised it was expressly compatible with Android.
I also picked up a mini USB hub.

Today I plugged the hub into one of the 2 USB ports (the other one is connected to RedErik's beloved FIIO magic), then the USB mic in.

Calls in CarPlay are now about the same quality as the original mic. Texts aren't getting cut off, speech to text is accurate. The whole thing was like $30.

If it doesn't work, just surrender and get another mic. It's not worth it flatulating around with the settings endlessly.
Where did you place the mic?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2021, 09:52 AM   #4479
Silahsor_66
Rep

We be a firmware uodate for bmw e90 screem 8.8 inch whit resulution 480p?

Firmware update 3.1.2 works great but the screen resulution 720p, this work not perfect can not selact the screen resultion to 480p.

Last edited by Silahsor_66; 09-23-2021 at 09:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2021, 12:54 PM   #4480
shqipmafija
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 F15 XDrive50i

So the clip on that mic is really finnicky and doesn't expand that far; I have it clipped into the metal piece holding the driver's side vanity mirror on, on the left side, with the mic facing down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konradical6 View Post
Where did you place the mic?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2021, 01:01 PM   #4481
shqipmafija
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 F15 XDrive50i

There is one issue I notice; there is a delay of about 2-5 seconds during conversation. Not sure why this is, but I don't particularly care, it doesn't bother me because it's so amazing it's even working
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2021, 12:49 AM   #4482
NTonTour
Rep
Drives: BMW 420D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konradical6 View Post
Is there a way to make my WiFi HU accept a sim, maybe some kind of USB modem? I find that using my phone as a hotspot times out
really interesting to know. My SIM card Slot ist broken. So i use a IPhone in the Smart Adapter with WiFi HotSpot to HU. I need to

unlook the phone
Start HU, Start WLAN
wait for WLan Connect

if connected it seems to be a delay between phone an HU.

I have a few USB LTE sticks so i can try, but I see no APN setting available.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2021, 08:04 AM   #4483
heddan99
Rep
Drives: 118i

Hi, i am thinking of buying a new screen for my 2016 F34.
Either The 10 or The 12 inch screen. Have not find any picture of The 12 inch ones yet if they are to big or not.

But my question is related to the split screen posibilities.
I do not have navigation in my car and that would be The main reason why i would like to buy a new screen.
But i would like to be able to listen to radio/CD/bluetooth from The original radio in The same time.
With the split screen, is it possible to have halv screen to navigation and halv for oem display?
Can i still use ny steering wheel to change tracks and sound on my entrynav Hu or will they be mapped to the navigation instead?
It is not clear for me if this will work or not.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2021, 08:18 AM   #4484
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E63 645Ci

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by heddan99 View Post
Hi, i am thinking of buying a new screen for my 2016 F34.
Either The 10 or The 12 inch screen. Have not find any picture of The 12 inch ones yet if they are to big or not.

But my question is related to the split screen posibilities.
I do not have navigation in my car and that would be The main reason why i would like to buy a new screen.
But i would like to be able to listen to radio/CD/bluetooth from The original radio in The same time.
With the split screen, is it possible to have halv screen to navigation and halv for oem display?
Can i still use ny steering wheel to change tracks and sound on my entrynav Hu or will they be mapped to the navigation instead?
It is not clear for me if this will work or not.
No, unfortunately you cannot have split screen OEM / Android. It's one or another. You can manually set the sound source on your OEM system to Radio/CD/Bluetooth and switch view to the Android to see your navigation, but you would most likely lose the control over your media. When in Android mode steering wheel buttons (track change) will apply to Android, sound source change (radio/CD/BT) would bring you back to the OEM resulting in shutting down the nav app.
Appreciate 1
      09-24-2021, 04:36 PM   #4485
Silahsor_66
Rep

Iam using v2.6.3 evry thing is work fine, i downgrade to v1.2.2 evry things screen work perfect when i upgrade to v3.1.2 or more than v2.6.3 the screen work not perfect and give me isseu . Who can help me about this problem.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2021, 05:15 PM   #4486
megatm
Rep
Drives: BMW X4 F26 x28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedErik View Post
No, unfortunately you cannot have split screen OEM / Android. It's one or another. You can manually set the sound source on your OEM system to Radio/CD/Bluetooth and switch view to the Android to see your navigation, but you would most likely lose the control over your media. When in Android mode steering wheel buttons (track change) will apply to Android, sound source change (radio/CD/BT) would bring you back to the OEM resulting in shutting down the nav app.
It doesn't work like this. If you set aux changing mode to manual in factory settings, you can use OEM Bluetooth, CD and steering wheel control change tracks while uses Waze.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2021, 07:57 PM   #4487
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E63 645Ci

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by megatm View Post
It doesn't work like this. If you set aux changing mode to manual in factory settings, you can use OEM Bluetooth, CD and steering wheel control change tracks while uses Waze.
But then if you press change audio source button, will that not automatically take you back to OEM? I never properly tested that as I wasn't interested in mixing these two systems in any shape or form.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2021, 10:27 PM   #4488
F20_M135i
Lieutenant
France
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 M140i Xdrive

from my experience WAZE audio instruction when on the OEM BMW side is distorted and way too high popping your ears, it is not possible to endure this sound state
Appreciate 0