F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > [Official] Post Your Deals! / Feedback On Your Quotes
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-13-2017, 04:15 PM   #1981
kern417
Cheapskate
United_States
737
Rep
1,481
Posts

Drives: 2018 440i / 2010 X5
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Cincinnati

iTrader: (0)

It just doesn't make sense to expect a dealership to take a loss on an ordered vehicle. They have no reason to do that.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by umizoomi View Post
As long as 3-pedals are an option, I will exercise my right to suffer the handicap and indignity of slower shifts and reaction times.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2017, 12:52 AM   #1982
new2the3
Lieutenant Colonel
new2the3's Avatar
148
Rep
1,909
Posts

Drives: 2009 135i
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by svic628 View Post
I got my ordered 340 with MSRP of 58875 for 51500. 3250 was towards rebates so i think i got close to invoice. Not sure what it was tho.
You got invoice price (7% of MSRP). What was the breakdown of your rebates?
__________________
2009 135i: AW/CR Aluminum Trim, 6 speed, M-Sport, Premium, Heated Seats, Ipod, BMW Performance Pedals, BMW Performance SSK, BMW Performance Exhaust, BMW Performance Grills E93 M3 FSB
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2017, 08:46 AM   #1983
svic628
Second Lieutenant
30
Rep
212
Posts

Drives: 05 330ci ZHP
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2the3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by svic628 View Post
I got my ordered 340 with MSRP of 58875 for 51500. 3250 was towards rebates so i think i got close to invoice. Not sure what it was tho.
You got invoice price (7% of MSRP). What was the breakdown of your rebates?
2500 credit 750 loyalty
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 05:45 PM   #1984
NeverEnough007
New Member
8
Rep
20
Posts

Drives: 1987 325IC
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (0)

Going in for a lease sometime this month. Car I am looking to build is a 340i xdrive, leather, premium, track pack, heated steering wheel, sunshades, carplay, msport splitter, and side skirt decals.

With dest charge I am looking at $61k. Is it reasonable to expected a negotiated 15% off the msrp including the current rebates? I know wont be easy. I see a lot of you getting deals in that range however, dealers up here do not seem to be high volume like some of the others across the country. I could be wrong though. I am also willing to travel for a great deal within reason. I picked up my last car down in Maryland. Road trips are great.

Of course, I do not think I will have a problem getting the month's lowest MF, I have always received lowest rate available in any credit situation including mortgage.

I am happy to take any advice on the negotiation process. It seems like some of you are in sales yourselves so, what would be your ideal informed customer? I bet we can be a pain at times. I have read that not mentioning a lease is the way to go and throw that in at the end. I plan on only paying first month and fees up front.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 06:38 PM   #1985
xlover
Captain
No_Country
188
Rep
695
Posts

Drives: 2018 440 xdrive MPPSK
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 440 xdrive  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverEnough007 View Post
Going in for a lease sometime this month. Car I am looking to build is a 340i xdrive, leather, premium, track pack, heated steering wheel, sunshades, carplay, msport splitter, and side skirt decals.

With dest charge I am looking at $61k. Is it reasonable to expected a negotiated 15% off the msrp including the current rebates? I know wont be easy. I see a lot of you getting deals in that range however, dealers up here do not seem to be high volume like some of the others across the country. I could be wrong though. I am also willing to travel for a great deal within reason. I picked up my last car down in Maryland. Road trips are great.

Of course, I do not think I will have a problem getting the month's lowest MF, I have always received lowest rate available in any credit situation including mortgage.

I am happy to take any advice on the negotiation process. It seems like some of you are in sales yourselves so, what would be your ideal informed customer? I bet we can be a pain at times. I have read that not mentioning a lease is the way to go and throw that in at the end. I plan on only paying first month and fees up front.
the easiest way to get a fair deal:
select all the options you want, tell the dealer you want an invoice minus incentives deal and you want them to print out the vehicle inquiry report (VIA) with wholesale. (msrp and invoice price)
you then take the wholesale number from your build and subtract all available incentives.. add back lease initiation fee and dealer fees (doc fee, registration in MA), that is your buy price
complete lease calculator with residual and base money factor to get your payment
no actual "negotiation" required.
it is possible in very limited circumstances to get a below invoice deal before incentives depending on if the vehicle has been sitting a long time, high value customer, location of dealer, etc
Appreciate 1
otay437.00

      11-16-2017, 02:23 PM   #1986
NeverEnough007
New Member
8
Rep
20
Posts

Drives: 1987 325IC
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (0)

Thank you. Will do. A few more:

Is there still a closed door costco rebate?

If I order in November, and a better deal comes in December, do I have the ability to select the deal that suits me best. I take it the car will take about 3 months to arrive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlover View Post
the easiest way to get a fair deal:
select all the options you want, tell the dealer you want an invoice minus incentives deal and you want them to print out the vehicle inquiry report (VIA) with wholesale. (msrp and invoice price)
you then take the wholesale number from your build and subtract all available incentives.. add back lease initiation fee and dealer fees (doc fee, registration in MA), that is your buy price
complete lease calculator with residual and base money factor to get your payment
no actual "negotiation" required.
it is possible in very limited circumstances to get a below invoice deal before incentives depending on if the vehicle has been sitting a long time, high value customer, location of dealer, etc
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2017, 04:07 PM   #1987
Unbreakable
Registered
0
Rep
3
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlover View Post
the easiest way to get a fair deal:
select all the options you want, tell the dealer you want an invoice minus incentives deal and you want them to print out the vehicle inquiry report (VIA) with wholesale. (msrp and invoice price)
you then take the wholesale number from your build and subtract all available incentives.. add back lease initiation fee and dealer fees (doc fee, registration in MA), that is your buy price
complete lease calculator with residual and base money factor to get your payment
no actual "negotiation" required.
it is possible in very limited circumstances to get a below invoice deal before incentives depending on if the vehicle has been sitting a long time, high value customer, location of dealer, etc
If a dealer will rarely take a loss by selling below invoice, isn't telling AT invoice gaining them no profit as well? What is their incentive to sell at invoice? Genuinely curious, just sounds like the above is too good to be true.

On another note, saw this ad pop up today: http://bmwdrivetoendhunger.eventsbmw.com/

Looks like $1K new vehicle credit that can be combined with other current offers, and is valid till end of the year. Although I saw this on my local dealer's website and it told me valid until February 2019, so may vary by location.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2017, 04:15 PM   #1988
xlover
Captain
No_Country
188
Rep
695
Posts

Drives: 2018 440 xdrive MPPSK
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Boston

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 440 xdrive  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbreakable View Post
If a dealer will rarely take a loss by selling below invoice, isn't telling AT invoice gaining them no profit as well? What is their incentive to sell at invoice? Genuinely curious, just sounds like the above is too good to be true.

On another note, saw this ad pop up today: http://bmwdrivetoendhunger.eventsbmw.com/

Looks like $1K new vehicle credit that can be combined with other current offers, and is valid till end of the year. Although I saw this on my local dealer's website and it told me valid until February 2019, so may vary by location.
so this is where the car world gets complicated... invoice is not the actual amount the dealer pays for the car, there are other back end profit and such. think about invoice as the generally accepted minimum price a dealer will sell for. Anything above that is extra profit for them, anything below dips into the minimum profit

as far as the drive to end hunger coupon you would apply that on top of any other incentives... looks like not valid on a previous order but not sure how they would enforce that

GOLFFRR would you happen to know if the drive for hunger credit can be added to a existing order if planning on using the programming at delivery vs at order

Last edited by xlover; 11-16-2017 at 05:08 PM.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2017, 06:04 PM   #1989
NeverEnough007
New Member
8
Rep
20
Posts

Drives: 1987 325IC
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (0)

It looks like this does not apply to orders. Only cars in stock so, I would think it would not apply to existing orders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbreakable View Post
If a dealer will rarely take a loss by selling below invoice, isn't telling AT invoice gaining them no profit as well? What is their incentive to sell at invoice? Genuinely curious, just sounds like the above is too good to be true.

On another note, saw this ad pop up today: http://bmwdrivetoendhunger.eventsbmw.com/

Looks like $1K new vehicle credit that can be combined with other current offers, and is valid till end of the year. Although I saw this on my local dealer's website and it told me valid until February 2019, so may vary by location.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2017, 10:54 AM   #1990
new2the3
Lieutenant Colonel
new2the3's Avatar
148
Rep
1,909
Posts

Drives: 2009 135i
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Do you have to test drive for hunger credit at the same dealer that you end up getting a car from?
__________________
2009 135i: AW/CR Aluminum Trim, 6 speed, M-Sport, Premium, Heated Seats, Ipod, BMW Performance Pedals, BMW Performance SSK, BMW Performance Exhaust, BMW Performance Grills E93 M3 FSB
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2017, 04:28 PM   #1991
tim_m
Registered
0
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: 328i
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

M3

Hi guys, I'm looking to get into an M3 new order. Configured it comes out to $79,095 MSRP.

Looking to do 36 months, zero down, 12k miles/year.

I'm talking to a few different dealers and the best offer I've gotten so far was $992/month. Seems pretty shitty to me? Shouldn't I be able to get closer to $875 or $850 with the current incentives going on?

Also for context, I have a 328i I'm leasing right now-- lease is up in April.

Appreciate any advice/feedback you guys might have. Thank you!

Last edited by tim_m; 11-17-2017 at 06:08 PM.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2017, 08:19 PM   #1992
NeverEnough007
New Member
8
Rep
20
Posts

Drives: 1987 325IC
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Boston, MA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim_m View Post
Hi guys, I'm looking to get into an M3 new order. Configured it comes out to $79,095 MSRP.

Looking to do 36 months, zero down, 12k miles/year.

I'm talking to a few different dealers and the best offer I've gotten so far was $992/month. Seems pretty shitty to me? Shouldn't I be able to get closer to $875 or $850 with the current incentives going on?

Also for context, I have a 328i I'm leasing right now-- lease is up in April.

Appreciate any advice/feedback you guys might have. Thank you!
Lease hacker says the general rule of thumb is the msrp should be divided by 10 for the monthly price. Some say that includes tax, some say it doesnít. Thatís $800 a month plus tax.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2017, 11:08 AM   #1993
svic628
Second Lieutenant
30
Rep
212
Posts

Drives: 05 330ci ZHP
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: NY

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverEnough007 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim_m View Post
Hi guys, I'm looking to get into an M3 new order. Configured it comes out to $79,095 MSRP.

Looking to do 36 months, zero down, 12k miles/year.

I'm talking to a few different dealers and the best offer I've gotten so far was $992/month. Seems pretty shitty to me? Shouldn't I be able to get closer to $875 or $850 with the current incentives going on?

Also for context, I have a 328i I'm leasing right now-- lease is up in April.

Appreciate any advice/feedback you guys might have. Thank you!
Lease hacker says the general rule of thumb is the msrp should be divided by 10 for the monthly price. Some say that includes tax, some say it doesnít. Thatís $800 a month plus tax.
Its 1% of MSRP. And getting those deals on bmw now are hard with high MF, bad residuals and no msd. It doesnt include tax on the 1% rule. Cant compare a deal with no sales tax vs a deal with 10% sales tax.

If the car is 80k MSRP you should aim for 800 a month before tax with whatever your putting down up front.

Example: 750 (before tax) a month with 2600 upfront -750 x 35 months = 26250 + 2600 upfront ( fees first month DMV etc..) =28850
28850/36=801. That would be a 1% deal. Hard to get on 3/4 series let alone M cars.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2017, 11:30 AM   #1994
LBH23
New Member
LBH23's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
16
Posts

Drives: 2017 340i
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: THE PHX

iTrader: (0)

My recent deal....pretty happy

So I put my Mercedes AMG C43 on Leasetrader and after it was picked up, I moved right back into BMW (feel free to PM me if you have questions about the C43 built by the Alabama Motor Group). Considered the M3, loved the M3, wanted the M3. But I live in the central part of the city, have a 2.9 mile commute to work and very rarely get a chance to really "drive" my car other than stop and go. I thought the 340i was a good compromise, especially at roughly half the cost of an M3. Also, the deals on 340s right now are smoking. My deal:

2017 340i
Black Sapphire Metallic
Black dakota with oyster highlight
Anthracite trim
M Sport package
Drivers Assistance Package
Drives Assistance Plus
Track Handling Package
Technology Package
19" 5 spoke wheels
Rear power shade and side shades
Lighting Package
Heated Seats
Apple Car Play
Wireless Charging and Wifi
M Performance Package (splitter, carbon spoiler, etc.)

MSRP = $63,360
Cap Cost = $57,300
Incentives = $4,500
Final price = $52,800
MF = .00152
61% residual

Upfront (keep in mind registration fees and doc fees here are insane) = $4,000 (first month, acquisition fee, doc fees, registration, decap of $900, tax on incentives and decap).

36/10 Payment including Tax = $540/mo. (approx. $495/mo. before taxes).

I was pretty pleased with the deal and I am really pleased with the car. Except the fact that the back doors don't unlock after turning off the car!!! That is driving me insane - and the sport starring is a wee bit heavy!!

Let me know if you have any questions....
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2017, 11:54 AM   #1995
new2the3
Lieutenant Colonel
new2the3's Avatar
148
Rep
1,909
Posts

Drives: 2009 135i
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

On a left over 2017 330i. How much should I shoot for off msrp before incentives/rebates?

Msrp is 51,275. Dealer discount to $46,375 before incentives. They said they do not participate in the drive for hunger program but would give me the $1k if I do a deal this weekend. Incentives would be 3k lease credit and 1500 loyalty.

Do you think itís reasokable to ask for another $500 or more off since itís a 2017?
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2017, 09:41 PM   #1996
otay
Captain
otay's Avatar
United_States
437
Rep
967
Posts

Drives: 2014 335i Sport Line
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Raleigh, NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBH23 View Post
So I put my Mercedes AMG C43 on Leasetrader and after it was picked up, I moved right back into BMW (feel free to PM me if you have questions about the C43 built by the Alabama Motor Group). Considered the M3, loved the M3, wanted the M3. But I live in the central part of the city, have a 2.9 mile commute to work and very rarely get a chance to really "drive" my car other than stop and go. I thought the 340i was a good compromise, especially at roughly half the cost of an M3. Also, the deals on 340s right now are smoking. My deal:

2017 340i
Black Sapphire Metallic
Black dakota with oyster highlight
Anthracite trim
M Sport package
Drivers Assistance Package
Drives Assistance Plus
Track Handling Package
Technology Package
19" 5 spoke wheels
Rear power shade and side shades
Lighting Package
Heated Seats
Apple Car Play
Wireless Charging and Wifi
M Performance Package (splitter, carbon spoiler, etc.)

MSRP = $63,360
Cap Cost = $57,300
Incentives = $4,500
Final price = $52,800
MF = .00152
61% residual

Upfront (keep in mind registration fees and doc fees here are insane) = $4,000 (first month, acquisition fee, doc fees, registration, decap of $900, tax on incentives and decap).

36/10 Payment including Tax = $540/mo. (approx. $495/mo. before taxes).

I was pretty pleased with the deal and I am really pleased with the car. Except the fact that the back doors don't unlock after turning off the car!!! That is driving me insane - and the sport starring is a wee bit heavy!!

Let me know if you have any questions....
Congrats!! That's a great deal. What were the incentives you used?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2017, 01:02 PM   #1997
LBH23
New Member
LBH23's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
16
Posts

Drives: 2017 340i
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: THE PHX

iTrader: (0)

Holiday Lease cash was $3,000 and Loyalty was $1,500. $4,500 total. If I had really been on top of it, there is a hunger drive event that probably could have given me another $1000.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2017, 09:59 PM   #1998
paimon.soror
Lieutenant
paimon.soror's Avatar
United_States
268
Rep
470
Posts

Drives: 2016 F36 435x MSport
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Hartford, CT

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Mannnn, got my CPO '16 435xi GC last saturday, but was supposed to take delivery tomorrow. Looks like it just got done at the body shop (i had them replace the back bumper because i saw some small damage) and they might not have it ready for me. Now to figure out if i should A. drive it back from boston (going to be there to see my family) on the busiest weekend of the year , or B. take delivery of it on the monday i get back here in CT

what to do what to do
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2017, 03:22 AM   #1999
StockLOL
Private First Class
41
Rep
118
Posts

Drives: 2018 340i MPPSK
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Newport Beach, CA

iTrader: (0)

My dealer said that on the 2018 3 series there is now a $3000 Black Friday incentive. Bumped up from the $2000 holiday credit. Anyone else hear this or is he just mistaken?
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2017, 04:23 PM   #2000
Unbreakable
Registered
0
Rep
3
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StockLOL View Post
My dealer said that on the 2018 3 series there is now a $3000 Black Friday incentive. Bumped up from the $2000 holiday credit. Anyone else hear this or is he just mistaken?
Isn't the holiday credit for 3 series already $3K?

Test drove an M240i at the dealership yesterday, which only makes my choice harder. I think I like it more than the 3 but the residuals and extra $1K credit really makes the 3 more financially attractive. Tough decisions.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2017, 01:34 AM   #2001
TheGreekIndian
New Member
2
Rep
20
Posts

Drives: 330i
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

MSRP - $55,575
Overseas U.S. military price: $49,507
End of year promo discount -$4,000
Sale price - $45,507 (no sales tax)
plus $400 credit for use on any BMW parts

2018 F31 330i xDrive wagon
-B45 Estoril Blue Metallic
-‎KCSW Black SensaTec
-ZMP M Sport Package
-ZTR Track Handling Package
-‎ZPP Premium Package
-‎688 Harman Kardon
-417 Rear manual side shades

End of year promo was for any in stock BMWs. However, the dealer has a build allocation for a F31 in December and is considering that build allocation as "in stock". This allowed me to build the F31 as I want. Delaying delivery as long as possible as the car isn't spec'd for German winter driving😁
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2017, 10:30 AM   #2002
///mWagon
New Member
United_States
0
Rep
11
Posts

Drives: 2018 F31 ///M Wagon
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Oklahoma

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreekIndian View Post
MSRP - $55,575
Overseas U.S. military price: $49,507
End of year promo discount -$4,000
Sale price - $45,507 (no sales tax)
plus $400 credit for use on any BMW parts

2018 F31 330i xDrive wagon
-B45 Estoril Blue Metallic
-‎KCSW Black SensaTec
-ZMP M Sport Package
-ZTR Track Handling Package
-‎ZPP Premium Package
-‎688 Harman Kardon
-417 Rear manual side shades

End of year promo was for any in stock BMWs. However, the dealer has a build allocation for a F31 in December and is considering that build allocation as "in stock". This allowed me to build the F31 as I want. Delaying delivery as long as possible as the car isn't spec'd for German winter driving😁
Is the $45.5K with all the options you have listed or is this just the base price?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:57 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST