F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Custom Tuning DIY for F30/F32 N55?
GetBMWParts

09-07-2021, 08:27 AM   #1
brandohando
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 435i

Custom Tuning DIY for F30/F32 N55?

Hey all!

I've been scouring the internet for this information but I've finally decided I should ask you kind folks for a hand.

I'm personally interested in learning more about custom tunes and how to do it. I want to be able to whip out my laptop and create a tune on my vehicle and eventually turn it into a hobby that I can perform for some side income. You always hear about people making tunes that they can remote in and install for you or custom tuners at performance shops with dynos. No matter how much I search, I cannot seem to find any info on how to get into the trade and what I should be reading to learn more about it. Anyone have any advice/software/hardware recommendations to get into this? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Best,
B
      09-07-2021, 04:40 PM   #2
Amazinjoey
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 320Dx 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandohando View Post
Hey all!

I've been scouring the internet for this information but I've finally decided I should ask you kind folks for a hand.

I'm personally interested in learning more about custom tunes and how to do it. I want to be able to whip out my laptop and create a tune on my vehicle and eventually turn it into a hobby that I can perform for some side income. You always hear about people making tunes that they can remote in and install for you or custom tuners at performance shops with dynos. No matter how much I search, I cannot seem to find any info on how to get into the trade and what I should be reading to learn more about it. Anyone have any advice/software/hardware recommendations to get into this? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Best,
B
You can use MHD for creating custom tunes, but selling them for a sideincome will only bit you in the back. Becomming a good tuner is hard and 99% Of tuners out there are SHIT, Even proffesional ones...God know how many bad fuel maps I've seen and don't get me started on american tuners and E85...

My recommendation if you want to start learning to tune, get a cheap turbo car with good support such as Saab, Subaru or Honda and learn the basic on that.

Last edited by Amazinjoey; 09-07-2021 at 04:45 PM..
Appreciate 0