F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > BMW APPS - FSC Code?
Extreme Powerhouse

01-05-2022, 09:15 AM   #375
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevko View Post
Hi shawn,

Can i activate carplay with your fsc code in my car?

NBT ID6 , 2017
VIN: G803531

Connected Drive & Teleservices are avalible

Thanks!
Yes, possible. Your Receive PM function is disabled. PM me when working.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2022, 12:37 PM   #376
zipped.power
Rep
Drives: 320i 40th year edition

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum. I updated the maps in my F30 (2016) a few times as they were free but they are no longer free. I previously used the BMW download manager to download the updates and then got the code from my online account.

If someone could let me know how to get the code now to install the updates on the car, I'd appreciate that.

VIN ending: K750128
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2022, 12:41 PM   #377
zipped.power
Rep

I had all the connecteddrive bells and whistles as part of the 40th year edition of 320i. However, a few years after I bought the car (in 2016), a government organization banned the use of SIM cards that did not belong to a Turkish mobile operator. BMW Turkey called the customers and said all the connecteddrive services would be ceased. Obviously, this is BS but it is what it is. Now, I am wondering whether I could get the SIM replaced myself (maybe a cheap data plan), would connectedrive start functioning again? I have seen people getting a carplay ready system and replacing the original screen/navigation, etc. but I personally do not like replacing the original hardware in the cars. I'd rather by a cheap iPad mini and run more than CarPlay anyway. But, ideas/suggestions are welcome.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2022, 05:48 PM   #378
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipped.power View Post
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum. I updated the maps in my F30 (2016) a few times as they were free but they are no longer free. I previously used the BMW download manager to download the updates and then got the code from my online account.

If someone could let me know how to get the code now to install the updates on the car, I'd appreciate that.

VIN ending: K750128
You need FSC Code and Turkey EVO Map Data. Your Receive PM function is disabled. PM me when working.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 1
      01-14-2022, 05:56 PM   #379
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I had all the connecteddrive bells and whistles as part of the 40th year edition of 320i. However, a few years after I bought the car (in 2016), a government organization banned the use of SIM cards that did not belong to a Turkish mobile operator. BMW Turkey called the customers and said all the connecteddrive services would be ceased. Obviously, this is BS but it is what it is. Now, I am wondering whether I could get the SIM replaced myself (maybe a cheap data plan), would connectedrive start functioning again? I have seen people getting a carplay ready system and replacing the original screen/navigation, etc. but I personally do not like replacing the original hardware in the cars. I'd rather by a cheap iPad mini and run more than CarPlay anyway. But, ideas/suggestions are welcome.
The Car SIM Card ESN / IMEI number is linked to your ConnectedDrive Account. Replacing the SIM Card with a new one won't pass Authentication.

Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 03:57 AM   #380
zipped.power
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
The Car SIM Card ESN / IMEI number is linked to your ConnectedDrive Account. Replacing the SIM Card with a new one won't pass Authentication.
Is not this something BMW is supposed to take care of for us? I mean I could not care less if the SIM in the car belonged to a german operator or a turkish one as long as it provides basic data services for the connecteddrive. This is not something you would expect to get from a company like BMW.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 06:33 AM   #381
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Is not this something BMW is supposed to take care of for us? I mean I could not care less if the SIM in the car belonged to a german operator or a turkish one as long as it provides basic data services for the connecteddrive. This is not something you would expect to get from a company like BMW.
You are expecting BMW to support you cracking open your Telematics Module, desoldering the SIM Card and soldering back in a 3rd Party SIM card from a Turkish mobile operator? Not happening.

If BMW were to do anything, they would offer to replace the car's Telematics module with a new "Turkish" one, but it seems they elected not to either due to cost or some technological or regulatory constraints.

Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 08:30 AM   #382
zipped.power
Rep

Quote:
You are expecting BMW to support you cracking open your Telematics Module, desoldering the SIM Card and soldering back in a 3rd Party SIM card from a Turkish mobile operator? Not happening.

If BMW were to do anything, they would offer to replace the car's Telematics module with a new "Turkish" one, but it seems they elected not to either due to cost or some technological or regulatory constraints.
I don't know what the process involves but think about it. They sell something to you for $$$ and then they say due to regulation, they cannot continue the service. If they are not willing to do the replacement (which should be OK'ed by the customer), they could at least offer something in return as a make-up.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 09:00 AM   #383
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I don't know what the process involves but think about it. They sell something to you for $$$ and then they say due to regulation, they cannot continue the service. If they are not willing to do the replacement (which should be OK'ed by the customer), they could at least offer something in return as a make-up.
Years ago, when the 2G Cellular Spectrum was deactivated, BMW killed off all Telematic Services for cars with Combox Telematics, and in my case, my F10 lost all Connected Drive services. They did offer an $800 Upgrade for a new 3G Combox in that case, although I wouldn't pay a dime to get Connected Drive Services, as to me they are pretty much useless. Now, they are doing the same thing for cars equipped with 3G TCB Telematics. Point is only they have a long history of deactivating peoples Connected Drive services. In your case, maybe if you complain loud enough to BMW AG, they will offer some compensation, but what you will not get is working Telematics.

Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 09:10 AM   #384
zipped.power
Rep

Quote:
Years ago, when the 2G Cellular Spectrum was deactivated, BMW killed off all Telematic Services for cars with Combox Telematics, and in my case, my F10 lost all Connected Drive services. They did offer an $800 Upgrade for a new 3G Combox in that case, although I wouldn't pay a dime to get Connected Drive Services, as to me they are pretty much useless. Now, they are doing the same thing for cars equipped with 3G TCB Telematics. Point is only they have a long history of deactivating peoples Connected Drive services. In your case, maybe if you complain loud enough to BMW AG, they will offer some compensation, but what you will not get is working Telematics.
Wow. Thanks for the reference.

Admittedly, I was surprised when I bought the car in 2016 about how useless the connectedrive services actually were. I probably would not consider them but they were part of the 40th year package (that I wanted for other reasons) so I had to get them. But the fact that they can simply drop something w/o really trying to fix it or make it right, that is something I cannot accept. Well, they would not get a sh?t about what I can or not accept, as the demand for their cars is always more than they can supply but since I saw many people fixing problems on this thread, I thought I should give a shot.

FWIW, I made an official complaint to BMW Turkey and pending on the outcome, I will write it to their HQ. The large screen I have and the old apps in it are not worth anything as I said before. One can buy the newest iPad mini and do way more (google maps, real time traffic, WhatsApp, messaging, proper streaming, internet radio...).
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 09:17 AM   #385
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Wow. Thanks for the reference.

Admittedly, I was surprised when I bought the car in 2016 about how useless the connectedrive services actually were. I probably would not consider them but they were part of the 40th year package (that I wanted for other reasons) so I had to get them. But the fact that they can simply drop something w/o really trying to fix it or make it right, that is something I cannot accept. Well, they would not get a sh?t about what I can or not accept, as the demand for their cars is always more than they can supply but since I saw many people fixing problems on this thread, I thought I should give a shot.

FWIW, I made an official complaint to BMW Turkey and pending on the outcome, I will write it to their HQ. The large screen I have and the old apps in it are not worth anything as I said before. One can buy the newest iPad mini and do way more (google maps, real time traffic, WhatsApp, messaging, proper streaming, internet radio...).
Good luck with it.

Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 09:43 PM   #386
Erockian
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW M5

BMW Apps

I want to enable BMW Apps on my NBT Evo, Vin K522620

Would appreciate your assistance. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 11:36 PM   #387
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erockian View Post
I want to enable BMW Apps on my NBT Evo, Vin K522620

Would appreciate your assistance. Thanks!
Your Receive PM function is disabled. PM me when working.

Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 02:43 AM   #388
Erockian
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW M5

Opps, did not see the reply requirement, will PM when working.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 09:32 AM   #389
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erockian View Post
Opps, did not see the reply requirement, will PM when working.
PM sent.

Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 05:23 AM   #390
piknuie
Rep
Drives: bnw 420i

Good morning,
I have a problem. I had ID4 with TCB.
I retrofitted ID6 with ATM, everything works (remote service open/close/clacson weather, news, concierge service) but RTTI worked the first few days, now not even if I have the active package.

Furthermore, from the myBMW app I do not see the status of the doors / car.

I have the following codes:
06AE Teleservices
06AK ConnectedDrive Services
06AM Navigation Assistant
06AN Concierge Service
06AP Remote Services
06NR Apps
06NS Enhanced telphony with extended smartphone
06UH Traffic Information
07S9 ConnectedDrive services package

Am I wrong something? Why is RTTI and last state call not working?
Please help me.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 11:48 AM   #391
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by piknuie View Post
Good morning,
I have a problem. I had ID4 with TCB.
I retrofitted ID6 with ATM, everything works (remote service open/close/clacson weather, news, concierge service) but RTTI worked the first few days, now not even if I have the active package.

Furthermore, from the myBMW app I do not see the status of the doors / car.

I have the following codes:
06AE Teleservices
06AK ConnectedDrive Services
06AM Navigation Assistant
06AN Concierge Service
06AP Remote Services
06NR Apps
06NS Enhanced telphony with extended smartphone
06UH Traffic Information
07S9 ConnectedDrive services package

Am I wrong something? Why is RTTI and last state call not working?
Please help me.
I have no idea what issue is. Make sure ATM And Head Unit have VIN with Valid ConnectedDrive Telematic Subscriptions services and Provision Head Unit.

Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 11:55 AM   #392
piknuie
Rep

Quote:
I have no idea what issue is. Make sure ATM And Head Unit have VIN with Valid ConnectedDrive Telematic Subscriptions services and Provision Head Unit.
Mmm, I think so. My installer told me that he put my VIN on both the atm and head unit. However I think so because the remote commands, and the messages to associate the car I receive them without problems.

It is a problem with RTTI and Last State Call (door status if open or closed and ALL OK written in the app)

But is it possible to talk to us privately and organize us so you connect with Teamviewer? I have ENET and everything you need, so take a look too. Paying of course, but you know I don't understand any codes
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 12:11 PM   #393
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Mmm, I think so. My installer told me that he put my VIN on both the atm and head unit. However I think so because the remote commands, and the messages to associate the car I receive them without problems.

It is a problem with RTTI and Last State Call (door status if open or closed and ALL OK written in the app)

But is it possible to talk to us privately and organize us so you connect with Teamviewer? I have ENET and everything you need, so take a look too. Paying of course, but you know I don't understand any codes
Sorry, I don't know anymore than I wrote above. Make sure VIN you are using has active subscription services, and then reprovision Head Unit.

Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 12:26 PM   #394
piknuie
Rep

Quote:
Sorry, I don't know anymore than I wrote above. Make sure VIN you are using has active subscription services, and then reprovision Head Unit.
i don't know how to provision
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2022, 12:32 PM   #395
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
i don't know how to provision
Under iDrive, ConnectedDrive, do Update Services.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2022, 09:27 PM   #396
mbonus
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Ok with 3g sunset, connection assistant app doesn't show anymore on my 2015 nbt. I used that to connect AAidrive Android app for added Spotify functionality. Here is the git for the project:
[url]https://github.com/BimmerGestalt/AAIdrive/discussions/475

Is it possible to add that back with fsc?

shawnsheridan

Last edited by mbonus; 02-04-2022 at 03:29 PM..
Appreciate 0