F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Mppsk sound with BM3
Studio RSR

01-18-2022, 08:39 PM   #23
Yam_440i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: White BMW 335i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by 271828 View Post
Not sure if this thread is still active, but I have a related question: I currently have MPPSK and I have a VRSF catless downpipe on the way. My plan is to install that and get a BM3 Stage 2 tune.

My question is, if I want to remove BM3, can I revert back to the MPPSK tune or will it go back to complete stock/pre-MPPSK? I've never flash tuned before so I'm not sure how it works.

Also, looks like Stage 2 with MPPSK burbles is available as an option now. Is that considered a separate OTS tune to the regular Stage 2, meaning I would have to buy both separately if I want to try them out?
Keen to know the answer to these questions aswell!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2022, 09:07 AM   #24
culpability
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam_335i View Post
Keen to know the answer to these questions aswell!
In theory, when you perform your first flash, BM3 is supposed to first create a back-up of the tune already on your car when you first try to flash it.

I've seen at least one anecdotal report from a user who found that when trying to flash back to stock something had happened to his stock tune, although I believe that his issues were more related to the fact that the stealership had updated his DME without telling him and when he tried to flash it it locked his DME.

ProTuningFreak's customer support is excellent. If you are considering buying one of their tunes and want assurances from them directly that your MPPSK tune will be retained reach out to them. I can tell you that it is definitely SUPPOSED to save the map that was already on the car.

And back to the more specific topic at hand here, I previously replied stating that there was an OTS MPPSK burble tune as of I think 8/2. I think I may have been mistaken; at that time I was using the "OEM" burble tune. At some point since then a new option has appeared in the burble tune settings for specifically "MPPSK" and having compared my stock flash to that burble tune, that is definitely the actual MPPSK burble tune, and it sounds fucking phenomenal. And I was stupid for saying I thought my custom settings were better. The MPPSK burble tune is just so, so good.
      01-19-2022, 09:16 PM   #25
Yam_440i
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by culpability View Post
In theory, when you perform your first flash, BM3 is supposed to first create a back-up of the tune already on your car when you first try to flash it.

I've seen at least one anecdotal report from a user who found that when trying to flash back to stock something had happened to his stock tune, although I believe that his issues were more related to the fact that the stealership had updated his DME without telling him and when he tried to flash it it locked his DME.

ProTuningFreak's customer support is excellent. If you are considering buying one of their tunes and want assurances from them directly that your MPPSK tune will be retained reach out to them. I can tell you that it is definitely SUPPOSED to save the map that was already on the car.

And back to the more specific topic at hand here, I previously replied stating that there was an OTS MPPSK burble tune as of I think 8/2. I think I may have been mistaken; at that time I was using the "OEM" burble tune. At some point since then a new option has appeared in the burble tune settings for specifically "MPPSK" and having compared my stock flash to that burble tune, that is definitely the actual MPPSK burble tune, and it sounds fucking phenomenal. And I was stupid for saying I thought my custom settings were better. The MPPSK burble tune is just so, so good.
Amazing, many thanks for clearing and helping answer those questions.

I'm so pleased to know if I can stage 1,2 etc on BM3,I can choose the MPPSK option to have the better burbles, then stock/OEM.

For this reason, I'm definitely going BM3 instead of MHD.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2022, 05:14 AM   #26
AMG KLR
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i GC

Quote:
Amazing, many thanks for clearing and helping answer those questions.

I'm so pleased to know if I can stage 1,2 etc on BM3,I can choose the MPPSK option to have the better burbles, then stock/OEM.

For this reason, I'm definitely going BM3 instead of MHD.
They have the mppsk map to use if you even came from a stock map
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2022, 04:50 PM   #27
Yam_440i
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG KLR View Post
They have the mppsk map to use if you even came from a stock map
How is that possible? Not doubting you, but surely they should be getting sued by BMW left right and centre?!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 04:49 PM   #28
TreDirtyFive
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
How is that possible? Not doubting you, but surely they should be getting sued by BMW left right and centre?!
It comes free with your purchase...
Attached Images

11-26-2022, 03:09 PM   #29
Samuaw
Private
Rep
Drives: 440i

Apologies for reviving a semi old thread.
Has anyone gotten to the bottom of MPPSK burble settings on BM3?
I just loaded on stage1 with the pre made “mppsk” burble setting and it sounds nothing like what it was used to. It burbles every time I lift off the throttle (which does get quite annoying) , and doesn’t quite do the gunshots at high rpm. I appreciate that burble/bangs aren’t for everyone- but that’s the Key selling point for the mppsk when I bought my car.

Can anyone confirm if either
1) my mppsk setting isn’t quite right and bm3 can replicate the true MPPSK sounds
Or
2) is this as close as I am ever going to get and should put this to rest?

I was able to revert to my stock tune and it was all fine, but that defeats the point of getting bm3.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2022, 04:00 PM   #30
blacksapphire440i
Novice
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuaw View Post
I just loaded on stage1 with the pre made “mppsk” burble setting and it sounds nothing like what it was used to. It burbles every time I lift off the throttle (which does get quite annoying) , and doesn’t quite do the gunshots at high rpm. I appreciate that burble/bangs aren’t for everyone- but that’s the Key selling point for the mppsk when I bought my car.

1) my mppsk setting isn’t quite right and bm3 can replicate the true MPPSK sounds
Or

I was able to revert to my stock tune and it was all fine, but that defeats the point of getting bm3.
I don't really think BM3 has the exact burble setting for the MPPSK. I remember I tried setting it to that and it was nothing like the recordings I'd see from others with their factory MPPSK. You might have to go into the custom settings and adjust the burbles.

Duration for sport is perfect around the 1-1.5s range and aggressiveness can be at 9-9.5 (10 for more pops and bangs in higher rpms)
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2023, 07:46 PM   #31
demosey
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuaw View Post

Or

I am having the same issue. I just recently bought Bootmod3, just stage 1 for now as the car is completely stock, but has MPPSK from the factory. The MPPSK tune from Bootmod3 doesn't have anywhere near the pops and bangs the factory tune does. I haven't messed around with custom burble tuning yet as I am looking through forums and things to see if anyone has come up with a solution.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2023, 04:38 PM   #32
phuzade
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by demosey View Post
I am having the same issue. I just recently bought Bootmod3, just stage 1 for now as the car is completely stock, but has MPPSK from the factory. The MPPSK tune from Bootmod3 doesn't have anywhere near the pops and bangs the factory tune does. I haven't messed around with custom burble tuning yet as I am looking through forums and things to see if anyone has come up with a solution.
Have you come up with a solution? I'm feeling the exact same way right now..
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2023, 12:14 PM   #33
ThroHap
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

I also agree with the sentiments above. Just tuned stage 1 BM3 and it isn't near as good as the oem mppsk. Way less pops in the high rpms. Any recommendations on settings to recreate it?
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2023, 01:48 PM   #34
ZZO
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 440Xi MPPSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF82 View Post
Not sure if this thread is still active, but I have a related question: I currently have MPPSK and I have a VRSF catless downpipe on the way. My plan is to install that and get a BM3 Stage 2 tune.

My question is, if I want to remove BM3, can I revert back to the MPPSK tune or will it go back to complete stock/pre-MPPSK? I've never flash tuned before so I'm not sure how it works.

Also, looks like Stage 2 with MPPSK burbles is available as an option now. Is that considered a separate OTS tune to the regular Stage 2, meaning I would have to buy both separately if I want to try them out?
I have a 2017 BMW 440xi with MPPSK. The pops and bangs are definitely going to sound different as you’ve removed the cat from the car. However there is a setting where you can revert back to OEM/Factory settings (what the car was originally coded with). I personally would purchase the map pack as it will let you change from Stage 0,1,2,2+ etc. Without having to buy separate maps. Just having that available is nice. Let alone you purchase another BMW, you can VIN transfer once.

I personally enjoyed the Stage 2+ exhaust noise better than the MPPSK, but that’s just my taste.
Appreciate 0