F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > MG flasher - mobile App for B58 Fxx/Gxx tuning -- NOW LIVE!!!
Studio RSR

12-08-2021, 07:31 AM   #551
MY340i
Major
Rep
Drives: Various

new antilag being developed?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2021, 03:25 PM   #552
Jarek@JRAuto
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: G20 340i

Antilag (Rolling Launch) for Gen 1 B46, B48 & B58 is now available

The MG Flasher team is excited to announce the release of the long awaited advance Antilag feature. Antilag will be available for Gen 1 B46/B48 and B58 F-series (non-hybrid) models. With MG Flasher’s launch control feature, there will be two modes: Simple and Expert, to control both rolling and standing antilag independently. Adjustments in Simple Mode include minimum pedal position for activation, speed threshold to detect rolling, aggression, boost and RPM setpoint, with many more settings being available in the Expert Mode. This allows for an aggressive flame-spitting 2-step when parked, followed by a safer, smoother rolling-launch without having to reflash. For a full list of available option, see the App or User Manual. MG Flasher’s Antilag feature has undergone rigorous testing to make sure your vehicle runs as expected. A huge thanks to all beta testers who have greatly helped in development.

Note: iOS users may need to wait another day or so as Apple is still reviewing the update.

Antilag, as with Switchable Maps, Burbles and Max Cooling, can be activated through the cruise control buttons on your steering wheel. Hold FAR DOWN on the rocker to enter launch mode (if rolling, get a steady speed and lower gear between 3000-4000 RPM), press the throttle pedal and release the rocker when ready. You can also change the standing launch RPM by holding SHORT DOWN on the rocker, tapping up & down to adjust the RPM and pressing RES to accept the new value. Note: Max cooling activation has been changed to use SHORT UP on the rocker, this will make it more comfortable to hold the antilag button while focusing on the road. When Antilag is active, Max Cooling will also automatically turn until the antilag is released.

For more details, please see the full instructions here:
https://mgflasher.atlassian.net/wiki...Launch+Control

Tuners will soon be able to find our custom map pack and detailed instructions here:
https://mgflasher.atlassian.net/wiki...Antilag+Tuners

This will retard timing a significant amount and build a lot of intake and exhaust pressure. We recommend infrequent use of antilag and to obey all local laws. By using this feature, you acknowledge and accept the risks, including, but not limited to:
• Additional stress on the car that may be damaging (engine, turbo, exhaust, etc.)
• Potential damage to your ear drum
• Starting fires
• Having too much fun

You can install antilag via the Custom Options page after a brief 4-minute update to the latest Custom Code v6.9. Note: Cat-less downpipe is required when using Antilag.

Merry Christmas!
The MG Flasher Team

Appreciate 1
kern4174446.50
      12-24-2021, 07:31 PM   #553
Devious340i
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i

With seldom use ( once or twice every few month) would a high flow cat be able to use anti lag or catless only?
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2021, 12:55 PM   #554
vcx
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 340 xdrive MPPSK 6-manual

Hello!

The other day, I made some logs and switched back and forth between maps (st.1 91 oct. to st. 1 93 oct.) on the fly.

The logs look pretty differents (more timing correction on the 93 map) which leads me to to think that the map indeed changed, even if both logs are named "91 map" (there is no mention that one of the log was actually a st.1 93 map).

Could you confirm that the name of the log doesn't take into consideration the map changes on the fly ?

thank you!

Corvette C6 Z06 Z07
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2022, 02:56 PM   #555
325_bucks
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

Hi all

If I flash with MG Flasher, when I want to put it back to stock, will it be able to flash my MPPSK map which I had from the factory or will it put on a stock 540i map?

Also, is it necessary for Stage 2 to have high flow downpipes or can it be flashed to a standard car without too many issues?

Finally how can I tell if I have a gen 1 or gen 2 B58?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 03:22 PM   #556
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotEmF30 View Post
With seldom use ( once or twice every few month) would a high flow cat be able to use anti lag or catless only?
We do not recommend using it with a high fflow cat, it may get clogged/damaged. Use on low aggression at your own discretion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
Hello!

The other day, I made some logs and switched back and forth between maps (st.1 91 oct. to st. 1 93 oct.) on the fly.

The logs look pretty differents (more timing correction on the 93 map) which leads me to to think that the map indeed changed, even if both logs are named "91 map" (there is no mention that one of the log was actually a st.1 93 map).

Could you confirm that the name of the log doesn't take into consideration the map changes on the fly ?

thank you!
Logs use the "base" octane rating for naming, so if you flashed the 91 map, the log will be named using 91. You can check the loggable parameter "Custom Code: Map Switch" to see which slot you're actively using.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325_bucks View Post
Hi all

If I flash with MG Flasher, when I want to put it back to stock, will it be able to flash my MPPSK map which I had from the factory or will it put on a stock 540i map?

Also, is it necessary for Stage 2 to have high flow downpipes or can it be flashed to a standard car without too many issues?

Finally how can I tell if I have a gen 1 or gen 2 B58?

Thanks
MG Flasher will virtually read the software on your ECU upon the first connection. When you revert to stock, it will use the same software version as before. So yes, it will restore the MPPSK map.

Stage 2 requires either a high flow cat or catless downpipe. Otherwise there will be too much exhaust gas pressure and results are unpredictable. We do not recommend using the factory cat.

The free MG Flasher app will show you the generation of your car on the MyCar page (first one after connecting). You can also tell via software versions as described in our user manual. Most cars made in/after 2019 will be gen 2.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 03:27 PM   #557
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

𝗠𝗚 𝗙𝗹𝗮𝘀𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗦𝘂𝗽𝗽𝗼𝗿𝘁 𝗮𝗱𝗱𝗲𝗱 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗕𝗼𝘀&a

MG Flasher Support added for Bosch MG1 07.2020+ ECUs!

MG Flasher update v317 brings support for all Bosch MG1 ECUs produced after July 2020, including the highly desired M3 and M4 (G8x models).

MG Flasher has teamed up with Femto to provide support for their special bench unlock. The MG Flasher App will detect Femto’s unlock and allow flashing via OBD with all MG Flasher custom options. Custom Code must be installed at Femto’s lab. Currently, Femto is adding our TCU torque limiter bypass code for Gen 2 ECUs with all other custom code to follow. It is critical to inform Femto that the ECU will be used with MG Flasher so that they include the latest Custom Code. All ECUs must be shipped to Femto’s laboratory (contact via Instagram: @femtoevo). Third party bench tools will not support ECUs produced after July 2020, if they become available, MG Flasher will include them in another update.

Thanks to Filip @hypertech_bmw_mini for providing beta tester and pictures

Regards,
The MG Flasher Team

Last edited by Jarek@JRAuto; 01-17-2022 at 03:57 PM..
Appreciate 1
MY340i719.50
      01-29-2022, 07:48 AM   #558
vcx
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Hello folks,

I put my car on a dyno today.

Car is a 2017 340 xdrive, 6 MT, MPPSK, MG flasher stage 1.

Gas was Shell Power 100 oct.

I tried with the 91 map (433.8 hp and 615 nm) and with the 93 map (436.9 hp and 608 nm). Numbers are at the crank.

Almost no power gain on the 93 map on my setup, and two knock detections, so I will stick with the 91 map.

https://datazap.me/u/vcx/log-1643463375?log=0&data=15
Attached Images
File Type: pdf map 95.pdf (190.3 KB, 92 views)
File Type: pdf map 98.pdf (154.6 KB, 66 views)

Corvette C6 Z06 Z07
Appreciate 1
Skyhigh1879.00
      01-31-2022, 10:18 PM   #559
chowser51
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F33 430 and F39 M35i

Garage List
Anyone have a dealership flag your car as tuned if you flashed back to stock?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2022, 03:21 AM   #560
vcx
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Guys, a question: I plan to go stage 2+, as I will install a HJS catted DP and a TU HPFP soon.

But as my current logs (see here: https://datazap.me/u/vcx/log-1643463375?log=0&data=15) aren't very clean, even with the 95 RON map (car is stock), I am a bit worried to go stage 2+.

So I plan to use the stage 2+ ACN map, instead of the 95 RON map.

Do you think that stage 2+ ACN will still add some power/torque over a stage 1 95 RON ?

Corvette C6 Z06 Z07
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2022, 10:23 AM   #561
stockperea
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
Guys, a question: I plan to go stage 2+, as I will install a HJS catted DP and a TU HPFP soon.

But as my current logs (see here: https://datazap.me/u/vcx/log-1643463375?log=0&data=15) aren't very clean, even with the 95 RON map (car is stock), I am a bit worried to go stage 2+.

So I plan to use the stage 2+ ACN map, instead of the 95 RON map.

Do you think that stage 2+ ACN will still add some power/torque over a stage 1 95 RON ?
Well, you have a lot of timing corrections in all your cylinders, actually too many to just blame a bad fuel quality causing them.

I would try to fix those timing corrections first by taking another log using an ACN91 map before going with the stage2+, and checking if you still have timing corrections, if so maybe there is a problem with your spark plugs.

To answer your question, stage2+elevates the boost target around +4 psi, checking your logs I see you are meeting the boost target consistently, and also I see you live in a low altitude place (given the boost ambient pressure), where it's easier to meet higher boost targets rather than a high altitude location. Having said that is very likely you see an increase in performance, but definitely, you'll have to fix those corrections issues first, as higher boost efficiency depends directly on good fuel.
Appreciate 1
vcx81.50
      03-10-2022, 10:36 AM   #562
D's Bimmer
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340 Xi

Current is my first log.

https://*********************/graphs...6-35-07.15859/

Having hesitation issues whether on Stage 1 or stock map.

Will log more later but would welcome any observations.

Thanks
      03-10-2022, 02:30 PM   #563
blacksapphire440i
Novice
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i Gran Coupe

does mgflasher have hybrid turbo OTS maps by any chance?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2022, 08:10 AM   #564
vcx
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockperea View Post
Well, you have a lot of timing corrections in all your cylinders, actually too many to just blame a bad fuel quality causing them.

I would try to fix those timing corrections first by taking another log using an ACN91 map before going with the stage2+, and checking if you still have timing corrections, if so maybe there is a problem with your spark plugs.

To answer your question, stage2+elevates the boost target around +4 psi, checking your logs I see you are meeting the boost target consistently, and also I see you live in a low altitude place (given the boost ambient pressure), where it's easier to meet higher boost targets rather than a high altitude location. Having said that is very likely you see an increase in performance, but definitely, you'll have to fix those corrections issues first, as higher boost efficiency depends directly on good fuel.
Thank you so much for the interesting informations!

Corvette C6 Z06 Z07
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2022, 08:11 AM   #565
vcx
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockperea View Post

I did what you suggested, and took a log today, with the conservative ACI 91 map (using 98 oct. fuel).

https://datazap.me/u/vcx/log-1647176909?log=0&data=15

Would you consider those timing corrections OK, or is there a problem with the spark plugs? They are supposed to have been changed 1000 miles ago (but did the shop really changed it ? I'm starting to doubt).

thank you again!

Corvette C6 Z06 Z07
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2022, 02:45 PM   #566
D's Bimmer
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340 Xi

For a B58 running stage 1 with Cattless Downpipe and 91oct, what plugs are recommended?

NGK 94201 gapped at .022?

Thanks
      03-14-2022, 04:39 PM   #567
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

MG Flasher has released a Remote Starter patch for all Gen 2 vehicles!

App update v329

In the past, having your gen 2 vehicle unlocked meant that the remote starter will no longer work. The dedicated team of developers at MG Flasher are now releasing the solution in the form of an OBD flashable update, Custom Code v0.3. This update will solve the issue for all MG Flasher users previously affected by the lack of Remote Starter support, after unlocking their ECU!

To take advantage of this patch, simply choose Custom Code v0.3 next time you flash your car. You will then be able to use Remote Start the same as before tuning your car! The latest app update will show you a popup whenever there is a Custom Code update.

As per popular request, there are also many new logging parameters added to the MG Flasher app including:
Battery voltage, Fuel: HPFP I and P-Components, Fuel: Rail pressure delta, MAP Sensor Voltage, Misfire Counter (per cylinder as well), Super-Knock Counter, MSV: Pre-control parameters, Oil pressure, Temperatures (Engine Coolant Sensor, Transmission oil and unit), Throttle request position, Timing Correction knock adaptation, Torque: Limiter 2, Valve Lift (Inlet), WG Position: Sensor (Raw), WG: Boost pressure target, and WG: I-Component.

If there are any other specific logging parameters you would like to see in the MG Flasher app, please comment on our posts or send us a message. For those who want to analyze their logs with a bit more details, you can find explanation of Torque and Load limiters here: Logging Parameters

This update also includes shadow code reading. Secondary code reading has been added to the standard DTC code reader, available on the Diagnostic’s page.

We thank all our testers who helped us verify this fix is fully operational. We hope you enjoy this update.

Regards,
The MG Flasher Team
www.mgflasher.com

Last edited by Jarek@JRAuto; 03-14-2022 at 05:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2022, 05:10 PM   #568
edremix
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M440i Gran Coupé

I was at the BMW service inspection with unlocked ECU via MG Flasher. As I've understood, in this status, the tune shouldn't be visible for BMW. But during the service, I have received a call from BMW service, that they wanna update my ECU and due this my "chip tuning" would be lost. They asked me, if this is okay for me or I would like to keep my tune. I was a little shocked, but decided to keep my tune and avoid a bench unlock.

Anyone else has expirienced this, that BMW found out your tune ?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2022, 09:51 PM   #569
dinan5m3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e39 m5 e46 m3 g01 x3m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarek@JRAuto View Post
Stage 2 requires either a high flow cat or catless downpipe. Otherwise there will be too much exhaust gas pressure and results are unpredictable. We do not recommend using the factory cat.
Hello,

Anyone know if stage 2 and stage 2.5 were developed "also" with high flow catted downpipe?

My DP is Active Autowerke 400 cell high flow downpipe, no CEL since the install.

MHD says they developed their stage 2 and stage 2+ on catless DP, and recommends staying with stage 1 for high flow downpipe, and stage 2 is not suitable for 400 cell high flow downpipe.

Has MG Flasher stage 2 and stage 2.5 been tested by MG Flasher with high flow downpipe, eg. 400 cell catted downpipe?

I believe the factory catted DP is also 400 cell, but has double the amount of cats before and after the post o2 bung, so would be more restrictive than the Active Autowerke catted downpipe.
Appreciate 2
dmanb2b2123.00
ocdx30.00
      04-18-2022, 10:05 PM   #570
chowser51
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F33 430 and F39 M35i

Garage List
Afaik, bmw will detect any tune. My last service the tech called and said there is no update but he sees the tune and some things like asd were coded out and he would reset it if I wanted. I said no.
Appreciate 1
dmanb2b2123.00
      04-18-2022, 10:14 PM   #571
dmanb2b
Banned
Rep
Drives: G07, F97, F30, E90, E46, E30

Quote:
Originally Posted by edremix View Post
I was at the BMW service inspection with unlocked ECU via MG Flasher. As I've understood, in this status, the tune shouldn't be visible for BMW. But during the service, I have received a call from BMW service, that they wanna update my ECU and due this my "chip tuning" would be lost. They asked me, if this is okay for me or I would like to keep my tune. I was a little shocked, but decided to keep my tune and avoid a bench unlock.

Anyone else has expirienced this, that BMW found out your tune ?
You are lucky they asked, in the US it's rarer for the dealer to ask for permission, hence bench unlock here are now common
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2022, 10:19 PM   #572
dmanb2b
Banned
Rep
Drives: G07, F97, F30, E90, E46, E30

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinan5m3 View Post
Hello,

Anyone know if stage 2 and stage 2.5 were developed "also" with high flow catted downpipe?

My DP is Active Autowerke 400 cell high flow downpipe, no CEL since the install.

MHD says they developed their stage 2 and stage 2+ on catless DP, and recommends staying with stage 1 for high flow downpipe, and stage 2 is not suitable for 400 cell high flow downpipe.

Has MG Flasher stage 2 and stage 2.5 been tested by MG Flasher with high flow downpipe, eg. 400 cell catted downpipe?

I believe the factory catted DP is also 400 cell, but has double the amount of cats before and after the post o2 bung, so would be more restrictive than the Active Autowerke catted downpipe.
I call BS on MHD's answer to you...there are folks running 500+ hp on catted DPs. Even AA states the DP can handle the flow
https://store.activeautowerke.com/pr...atted-downpipe
Appreciate 0