F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > CarPlay USB Unlock = BimmerCode App unable to code HU_NBT_EVO
ARMA SPEED

01-09-2019, 07:57 AM   #1
kitster
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31 M Sport

CarPlay USB Unlock = BimmerCode App unable to code HU_NBT_EVO

Hi all,

I activated CarPlay via USB, which has been fine. Last night I tried to code the NBT_EVO using the BimmerCode app (iOS), which failed due to "Error while reading coding data". I sent the logs to the developer, his reply was the coding data signature on that ECU has been altered by the USB unlock.

Any suggestions on how I can enable myself for HU_NBT_EVO coding? Would switching to esys help? Or would that also be knacked!

Thanks.
Appreciate 1
      01-09-2019, 11:36 PM   #2
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Using E-sys will work.
Appreciate 1
kitster541.00
      01-10-2019, 01:50 AM   #3
kitster
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G31 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
Using E-sys will work.
For the G series is it advisable to acquire a copy of launcher Pro from TM?

I've got a copy of that VM with premium 2.8, but I'm a little worried that the mappings for the G series are outdated.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2019, 09:56 AM   #4
Tomcoding0803
Registered
Japan
Rep
Drives: F10

Quote:
Using E-sys will work.
Hi Almaretto, I have a same situation above.
Could you please let me know "Using E-sys" means that we just
code the HU_NBT module to add the correct signature?
Or should we detect new cafd into HU_NBT by pressing the Detect CAF for SWE button?
I have E-Sys 3.27.1 without Launcher Pro/Premium.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2019, 01:14 PM   #5
xpro
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335XD

You dont need esys for that.

What is happening there is that Bimmerlink saves backups for the current VIN numbers and applicable modules in your vehicle. If certificates were changed via the USB, this is triggering the error.

The same error would happen if you plugged in your Bimmerlink into another F3xx car and you would get the same error, untill you reboot the app.

The solution to that is that you need to reset your Bimmerlink, possibly save your old backups to your laptop if you really need them, and then it should work again.

It will ask you again to select the model and it should start normally again.

If you sometime kill the app a few times and restart it, this might also help, but the ultimate solution is to reset the app.

Option 2, What you can do is, if you have an ipad, you can download the bimmerlink using your itunes account and see of that works, which it should.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 12:13 PM   #6
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomcoding0803 View Post
Hi Almaretto, I have a same situation above.
Could you please let me know "Using E-sys" means that we just
code the HU_NBT module to add the correct signature?
Or should we detect new cafd into HU_NBT by pressing the Detect CAF for SWE button?
I have E-Sys 3.27.1 without Launcher Pro/Premium.
No need to VO code. FDL coding works.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 08:53 PM   #7
jaddie
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: San Marino Blue M4 Comp

Speaking of coding & ESYS coding, Almaretto are you the author of one of the FDLCode cheat files on GitHub? Just wondering if its still the best place for the latest version etc.

Current: F82 M4 Comp '19
Previous: F36 440i M Sport '18
Previous: F32 430d xDrive M Sport '15
Previous: F30 320d M Sport '14 & E81 118d M Sport '09
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 10:02 PM   #8
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaddie View Post
Speaking of coding & ESYS coding, Almaretto are you the author of one of the FDLCode cheat files on GitHub? Just wondering if its still the best place for the latest version etc.
One in the same. Yes, only place for latest (as far as I know).
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2020, 10:28 PM   #9
Burniksapwet
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpro View Post
You dont need esys for that.

What is happening there is that Bimmerlink saves backups for the current VIN numbers and applicable modules in your vehicle. If certificates were changed via the USB, this is triggering the error.

The same error would happen if you plugged in your Bimmerlink into another F3xx car and you would get the same error, untill you reboot the app.

The solution to that is that you need to reset your Bimmerlink, possibly save your old backups to your laptop if you really need them, and then it should work again.

It will ask you again to select the model and it should start normally again.

If you sometime kill the app a few times and restart it, this might also help, but the ultimate solution is to reset the app.

Option 2, What you can do is, if you have an ipad, you can download the bimmerlink using your itunes account and see of that works, which it should.
How do you reset BimmerCode/bimmelink? I have the same problem. I did the carplay widescreen and now getting a headunit error
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2020, 11:33 PM   #10
japanwings
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 2018 F36 Gran Coupe

Maybe try to backup and then delete the bimmercode files on your iphone.
They are located in files=>on my iphone=>Bimmercode.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-17-2020, 12:44 AM   #11
Burniksapwet
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I tried using a new phone with no backups and I am still getting the error. I like using BimmerCode rather than other modules out there because I will not be diving into doing heavy coding and BimmerCode is perfect for dummies like me.
Appreciate 1
Iyrix100.00
      06-20-2020, 11:17 PM   #12
Rick4345
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 WRX World Rally Blue

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaddie View Post
One in the same. Yes, only place for latest (as far as I know).
Tried to send you a PM.

Says your message box was full
      06-21-2020, 08:48 AM   #13
perzonal
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
I have Ebay Carplay too and hence the same issues of not being able to code the NBT via BimmerCode. If I uninstall Carplay I can code everything in the NBT with Bimmercode though. After coding I can reinstall Carplay and everything works. Heads-up though, My Carplay is not via USB but via computer and a future installer program.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2020, 12:07 PM   #14
maaii11
Private
Rep
Drives: Mini F54

Today I got a beta test version of Bimmercode 3.6, this version can fix this issue.

I also can't code the HU of entrynav2 on Bimmercode 3.5. The bimmercode give me a testflight invitation for download the beta test.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2020, 10:36 PM   #15
Burniksapwet
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by maaii11 View Post
Today I got a beta test version of Bimmercode 3.6, this version can fix this issue.

I also can't code the HU of entrynav2 on Bimmercode 3.5. The bimmercode give me a testflight invitation for download the beta test.
I got the same thing beta testing but I was not able to fix it. I was wondering what type of fullscreen carplay you got. The only way I could find fit BimmerCode to work again was to revert back and remove the widescreen carplay.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 02:18 AM   #16
Mensur
Registered
Rep
Drives: F36

Quote:

Quote:

I also received the same BimmerCode for BMW and Mini 3.6 (10827) is ready to test on iOS back in June and was able to code NBT but it expired and current version is not working for me. By the way I never enabled carplay via usb or similar as I'm not using carplay at all. BimmerCode versions before June worked perfectly for me for a year. Currently I'm stack and could not code NBT anymore. I also tried to install app on a different iPhone but have the same error "error while reading coding data" for NBT only, the rest is working properly. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2020, 01:20 PM   #17
jajudo18
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Having the same issue only I installed Carplay via USB. How would I go about reverting my HU back to factory? Should i flash nu_nbt?
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2020, 04:32 AM   #18
Wibbles
Coding ECU's remotely
Rep
Drives: M3LR

use esys instead.

Did your USB carplay come with a file to restore to factory?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2021, 10:18 AM   #19
muitommy
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 118i; BMW 420i F36 xDrive

I am having the same issue after activate CarPlay by ENET, and can't code my headunit with bimmercode anymore... not a deal breaker, but it would be nice if I can somehow find a workaround with this.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2021, 10:21 AM   #20
Wibbles
Coding ECU's remotely
Rep
Drives: M3LR

Quote:
Originally Posted by muitommy View Post
I am having the same issue after activate CarPlay by ENET, and can't code my headunit with bimmercode anymore... not a deal breaker, but it would be nice if I can somehow find a workaround with this.
Just run feature installer again to revert to OEM, code with bimmercode then re-apply carplay.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2021, 08:56 PM   #21
G30VKS
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G30

Quote:
Using E-sys will work.
Hello almaretoo can you guide me on how to revert coding off lifetime subscription
My car is a 2017 g30
I want to revert coding then code some things into the head unit and then recode CarPlay as I am having the error were I can’t access the nbt module because
It is not in its original state and if you do know a way you can bypass this to code then that would be helpful

Also when I revert coding I want to do a software update on the idrive which I can’t currently do will the same file I used before work to code CarPlay back
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2022, 03:42 PM   #22
victormro
Rep
Drives: F20, G01

So let me get this right. If I have Carplay added via featureinstaller and I modify the VO (to add 6wb for example) and then code NBT, carplay will get disabled until I run featureinstaller again? What if I don't have the file anymore?
Appreciate 0