F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > North West Meet
Studio RSR
View Poll Results: Ideal meet month
March 5 22.73%
April 17 77.27%
May 3 13.64%
Other 2 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

04-22-2018, 04:12 PM   #309
Southern Jay
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 440i MSport GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiep View Post
Nice to meet you all. some lovely cars there.

Think I prefer the Remus exhaust to the MPPSK one. A (little) bit more subtle !
Great to meet you too mate,

Hope your drive back was ok
Current mods: Mperformance rear spoiler, diffuser, side vinyls and front grille, non OEM carbon mirror caps, Remus cat back exhaust, Eibach springs, TPI spacers 15mm rear and 12mm front, Maxton side blades and v2 front splitter, Pipercross direct replacement air filter, Remus Powerizer.

Current:
F36 440i M Sport GC STORMTROOPER

Previous:
F30 320d M Sport Xdrive STORMTROOPER
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2018, 04:21 PM   #310
RustyBitz
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Jay View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyBitz View Post
Guys what a great day! I really enjoyed putting names to faces. Glad everyone enjoyed it, can't wait for the next one.
Thanks again for arranging bud, I think the day was a great success. although being the closest and last to arrive. Lol just messing
Remus sounds beautiful!!

[url=https://www.deutschespeed.com/threads/the-bimmerpost-refugee-thread.561/]Car[/url]
Appreciate 2
      04-22-2018, 05:24 PM   #311
hudson012003
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i Msport Tanzanite blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris-c View Post
since getting home I put a mark on the screen. I just went out to check it 20-25mins later and it's grown.
Thats a thick sharpie line but still the crack has grown whilst being sat stationary.

My gut told me the second I saw how it was growing that driving for another 4+ hours was not the right thing to do. I was 1.5 hours in and had another 1.5hours to go before I arrived and then it was a 3+ hour journey home. I'd have been kicking myself if the screen went completely or if the old bill questioned me.
You did the right thing in the end, no point in taking unnecessary risks.
Jay did mention that it was strange thou how that wagon came from nowhere when you were on the inside lane tootling along...

On a serious note, hope you get it sorted quickly & insurance takes the brunt..
Appreciate 1
      04-23-2018, 06:25 AM   #312
AlphaBravo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 435i M Sport Coupe

Hi guys, apologies for the no show without notice, had the weekend from hell and a) forgot and b) completely forgot.

Hope to meet you all at the next one.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2018, 06:41 AM   #313
RustyBitz
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaBravo View Post
Hi guys, apologies for the no show without notice, had the weekend from hell and a) forgot and b) completely forgot.

Hope to meet you all at the next one.
Hey,

Don't worry I was up against time myself also, hopefully we can have another meet in the Midlands in June/July?

Also how does a local regular monthly/bi-monthly coffee meet sound?

[url=https://www.deutschespeed.com/threads/the-bimmerpost-refugee-thread.561/]Car[/url]
Appreciate 1
      04-23-2018, 06:51 AM   #314
chris-c
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i RWD

it's still getting bigger!
Attached Images

04-23-2018, 02:24 PM   #315
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris-c View Post
it's still getting bigger!
I think I may have been fooled by the insurance company and Teaston into thinking mine is safe to drive around for a while.

I have one about a meter long that starts at the bottom by the steering wheel and curves up and back down to the bottom again at the other side. Right to the edge at the bottom on both sides and can't get any bigger.

Done about a thousand miles with it like that now. Autoglass assure me it's not illegal, or dangerous and the laminate means it won't fall apart. Not put tape on like you have, although not sure bits of tape like that's would hold a heavy screen if it split anyway.

Autoglass not coming until Friday morning and worried that it will fail on one of my 100 mile plus journeys this week.

My initial conversation on here and with Autoglass, was that it was an emergency repair and I wasn't going to drive anywhere, but got convinced otherwise.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2018, 02:29 PM   #316
RustyBitz
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks again for arranging bud, I think the day was a great success. although being the closest and last to arrive. Lol just messing
I was amazed to see such a good turn out! Gutted to be last, we spent to much time faffing around and grabbing a coffee on route.

How was the trip back?

Also, I found the guys on babybmw had a yesterday. http://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php...0def5&start=15

Appreciate 0
      04-23-2018, 02:33 PM   #317
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Quote:
I was amazed to see such a good turn out! Gutted to be last, we spent to much time faffing around and grabbing a coffee on route.

How was the trip back?

Also, I found the guys on babybmw had a yesterday. http://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php...0def5&start=15
Carsington is a great location for a meet, good roads round there too. And Matlock Bath close by for some sea side fish and chips.....like Skegness not by the sea.....
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2018, 03:19 PM   #318
Southern Jay
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

How was the trip back?

Also, I found the guys on babybmw had a yesterday. http://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php...5&start=15
Me, Brig and Dk turned up just after 11:30 and there was several members already there,

Journey back wasn't too bad mate, my little co pilot fell asleep about 5 mins after I peeled off from the convoy through Wales, I took it pretty easy other than playing with an A5 on the M40

100% up for another meet, hopefully a few more forum members will be up.

Thanks again Rusty
Current mods: Mperformance rear spoiler, diffuser, side vinyls and front grille, non OEM carbon mirror caps, Remus cat back exhaust, Eibach springs, TPI spacers 15mm rear and 12mm front, Maxton side blades and v2 front splitter, Pipercross direct replacement air filter, Remus Powerizer.

Current:

Previous:
Appreciate 1
RustyBitz1573.50
      04-23-2018, 03:30 PM   #319
SteveChester
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Garage List
2014 BMW F82 M4  [0.00]
We should defo do one a bit more central - I'll still come down to the Southern one though....
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2018, 03:38 PM   #320
RustyBitz
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Me, Brig and Dk turned up just after 11:30 and there was several members already there,

Journey back wasn't too bad mate, my little co pilot fell asleep about 5 mins after I peeled off from the convoy through Wales, I took it pretty easy other than playing with an A5 on the M40

Thanks again Rusty
Damn I hadn’t even left Liverpool by then, next time I will aim to be there early.

It was a pleasure to meet you and Dexter, such a polite young man and even holding the door for everyone bless him. I hope he enjoyed it and wasn’t to tired today.

When ever I’m in Marlow I will let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveChester View Post
We should defo do one a bit more central - I'll still come down to the Southern one though....
Midlands meet would be great and also convoy down to the southern meet.

Appreciate 0
      04-23-2018, 03:43 PM   #321
Southern Jay
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks again Rusty
Damn I hadn't even left Liverpool by then, next time I will aim to be there early.

It was a pleasure to meet you and Dexter, such a polite young man and even holding the door for everyone bless him. I hope he enjoyed it and wasn't to tired today.

When ever I'm in Marlow I will let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveChester View Post
Midlands meet would be great and also convoy down to the southern meet.
Thanks bud, I've tried to raise him right, he can be a pain in the arse at times, but he's a kind kid, and always conducts himself well in public, which is the right way round. He absolutely loved the meet, he's ready for the next one, when we left he said he'd really enjoyed the day, and to be honest that's down to all you guys, everyone made him welcome and included him. Massive thanks to everyone for that.

Any time your down this way let me know, be happy to meet up

Current:

Previous:
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2018, 03:46 PM   #322
RustyBitz
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks bud, I've tried to raise him right, he can be a pain in the arse at times, but he's a kind kid, and always conducts himself well in public, which is the right way round.

Also noticed you have come from an x20d into an x40i what a difference hey! The noise in the pub car park was heaven!

Appreciate 0
      04-23-2018, 03:52 PM   #323
Southern Jay
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks bud, I've tried to raise him right, he can be a pain in the arse at times, but he's a kind kid, and always conducts himself well in public, which is the right way round.

Also noticed you have come from an x20d into an x40i what a difference hey! The noise in the pub car park was heaven!
I loved my 320d as it was my first ever new car, but I bought it in a rush and had a lot of regrets, moving to the 440i, nothing could have prepared me, have to say I'm in a better place this time around which has meant I can go mad on the mods, I fookin love it,

Glad you liked it bud, it's not as loud as the mppsk but I think it's a perfect sound for the car

Current:

Previous:
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2018, 04:01 PM   #324
RustyBitz
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I loved my 320d as it was my first ever new car, but I bought it in a rush and had a lot of regrets, moving to the 440i, nothing could have prepared me, have to say I'm in a better place this time around which has meant I can go mad on the mods, I fookin love it,

Glad you liked it bud, it's not as loud as the mppsk but I think it's a perfect sound for the car
The exact same as me, it was rush "purchase" there was a good lease deal.

What other mods are you thinking? I'm debating on a tuning box alongside the MPPSK after yesterday's visit.

Appreciate 0
      04-23-2018, 04:05 PM   #325
RustyBitz
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Also I need to thank Brigand and Incontinentia Buttocks for leading the convoy after the pub meet!

Thanks so much guys!

Appreciate 1
      04-23-2018, 04:19 PM   #326
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Also I need to thank Brigand and Incontinentia Buttocks for leading the convoy after the pub meet!

Thanks so much guys!
Trust me someone else can do the lead next time (spotting speed cameras, camera vans, police etc and hoping the Nav was okay is not my idea of fun lol).

Just been sorting a drive with my wife (based on a chat on VW).

Drive to Harlech from Wolverhampton, then down to Barmouth and head home.

Just waiting for envelopes coming through for any vans, cameras I missed on way home..
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2018, 04:30 PM   #327
Southern Jay
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The exact same as me, it was rush "purchase" there was a good lease deal.

What other mods are you thinking? I'm debating on a tuning box alongside the MPPSK after yesterday's visit.
I'm booked in May for front splitter and side blades,

Other than that a DMS remap, if they ever crack it that is.

Anything you have planned mate?

Current:

Previous:
Appreciate 0