F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Would you use a 'traveller' for work on your house?
Extreme Powerhouse

07-03-2018, 06:53 AM   #23
TouringPleb
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SRB 440i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendo67 View Post
Never , seen the way they operate too many times with some of the elderly folk we have around here.

The "salesman" arrives to sweet talk the customer , within 10 mins there are loads of them milling around.

Two or three keep the customer talking whilst one asks to use the toilet and whilst the customer is distracted he is rummaging around the owner property.

You agree a price but on completion they want more , are you going to argue with two Transits full of pikies or call the police who will turn up , possibly , and question them but as they are all called Kevin and dont know their DOB then what can they do , they will also let them drive away in their unisured / untaxed / MOT less transport.

As stated -[SIZE="6"] NEVER [/SIZE] , you will regret it.

Kenny
What you have described as fraudsters taking advantage of vulnerable people. Not a tradesman who seems to be going about trying to make a living. If he has a Facebook page as the OP suggested then he may be legit.

And believe me, if the police turn up and there's vehicles with no insurance then they will get seized.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2018, 06:56 AM   #24
GT_Man
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 Series GT

Some of the racism on this thread towards the travelling community
Appreciate 1
      07-03-2018, 07:04 AM   #25
TouringPleb
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque of the Devil View Post
Simple answer, not a snowball in Hells chance would I do business with any Pikey, you'll kick yourself if it all goes wrong. They are scum and the best argument for genocide I've ever seen. At the very least they should all be rounded up and sterilised.
All very Nazi..

And after the gypsies or "Pikeys" who's next? The homosexuals? The communists? Any other group you take a dislike too? Maybe people with too many England flags outside their house? Or not enough England flags? Who? The Muslims? Blacks? How about the Jews? Everyone hates the Jews don't they? What about illegal immigrants? I'm sure in your world they deserve to be rounded up and sterilised.

I really hope your comment was you trying to be Johnny Big Balls and maybe a 'joke' but I suspect not.
Appreciate 5
GT_Man31.50
ar68149.00
F30Andy1771.00
Junebug851613.50
1 AKY459.00
      07-03-2018, 07:11 AM   #26
creepy coupe
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW M340I G20

Garage List
2015 BMW 435d  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringPleb View Post
All very Nazi..

And after the gypsies or "Pikeys" who's next? The homosexuals? The communists? Any other group you take a dislike too? Maybe people with too many England flags outside their house? Or not enough England flags? Who? The Muslims? Blacks? How about the Jews? Everyone hates the Jews don't they? What about illegal immigrants? I'm sure in your world they deserve to be rounded up and sterilised.

I really hope your comment was you trying to be Johnny Big Balls and maybe a 'joke' but I suspect not.
I've yet to meet and tax dodging Jews, Homosexuals or Communist. I'm sure they are out there. I didn't notice any of the above when they stole my father in laws car or when the moved onto a kids playground and left human waste behind when they were evicted.
Previous.MINI JCW. E92 325i. 435d M235i.M135i. 635d Coupe, E92 M3 manual, E92 M3 DCT Competition Pack. E92 335i, Porsche Cayman S Gen2, 135i Coupe. E92 320d, MK5 R32. MK5 Golf GTi,MK5 Golf GT-TDI,E46 318Ci.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2018, 07:24 AM   #27
GT_Man
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy coupe View Post
I've yet to meet and tax dodging Jews, Homosexuals or Communist. I'm sure they are out there. I didn't notice any of the above when they stole my father in laws car or when the moved onto a kids playground and left human waste behind when they were evicted.

Thats fine then, carry on wth the generilisation and racism
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2018, 07:25 AM   #28
creepy coupe
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW 435d  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT_Man View Post
Thats fine then, carry on wth the generilisation and racism
I will until I meet a good Pikey. But so far that hasn't happened. And i don't need your permission.
Previous.MINI JCW. E92 325i. 435d M235i.M135i. 635d Coupe, E92 M3 manual, E92 M3 DCT Competition Pack. E92 335i, Porsche Cayman S Gen2, 135i Coupe. E92 320d, MK5 R32. MK5 Golf GTi,MK5 Golf GT-TDI,E46 318Ci.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2018, 07:27 AM   #29
GT_Man
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I will until I meet a good Pikey. But so far that hasn't happened. And i don't need your permission.

You sound like the ard man of the forum, i wont mess with you

good day
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2018, 07:29 AM   #30
creepy coupe
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW 435d  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
You sound like the ard man of the forum, i wont mess with you

good day
Bye snowflake.
Appreciate 3
GT_Man31.50
OneExtra809.50
Hooded1669.00
      07-03-2018, 07:31 AM   #31
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooded View Post
.. you missed out the part where the switchboard operator who gave the pikeys the execs numbers was fired!
I know. No-one lost their job but lessons were learnt.
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 1
Hooded1669.00
      07-03-2018, 07:31 AM   #32
TouringPleb
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
All very Nazi..

But you are making blanket statements for a whole community for the actions of some.

Yes there are Irish travellers who commit crime as a way of life. I actually believe in some of these communities they don't know right from wrong as they are taught from an early age if they want something, take it.

But.. that is not all travellers. I cover a large rural patch and we have 9 traveller sites. 3 of those sites they are bang it, stealing, growing cannabis, up to armed robbery and ripping cash dispensers out of shops and banks. I'd say pretty much everyone on these sites knows what's going on and if they aren't involved directly, they will cover up for those who do.

Another one of the sites have some of the males doing low level thefts. 5 of the sites we have absolutely no problems with. They are gardeners, builders etc. Do they pay taxes? I don't know, that's not a police matter but all their vehicles are taxed, insured and they have driving licenses.

If a black person had stolen your car would you blame the whole black community?
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2018, 07:35 AM   #33
GT_Man
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Bye snowflake.
you most definately dont have the balls to say how you feel about the travelling community to the travelling community becuase you know what would happen

You have big balls on the internet though, congratulations mr ard man
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2018, 07:35 AM   #34
Torque of the Devil
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 440i Gran Coupe

Quote:
All very Nazi..

No just the pikeys, everyone else makes a positive contribution to society, and don't put words in my mouth thanks.
Appreciate 1
Hooded1669.00
      07-03-2018, 07:41 AM   #35
creepy coupe
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW 435d  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
But you are making blanket statements for a whole community for the actions of some.

Yes there are Irish travellers who commit crime as a way of life. I actually believe in some of these communities they don't know right from wrong as they are taught from an early age if they want something, take it.

But.. that is not all travellers. I cover a large rural patch and we have 9 traveller sites. 3 of those sites they are bang it, stealing, growing cannabis, up to armed robbery and ripping cash dispensers out of shops and banks. I'd say pretty much everyone on these sites knows what's going on and if they aren't involved directly, they will cover up for those who do.

Another one of the sites have some of the males doing low level thefts. 5 of the sites we have absolutely no problems with. They are gardeners, builders etc. Do they pay taxes? I don't know, that's not a police matter but all their vehicles are taxed, insured and they have driving licenses.

If a black person had stolen your car would you blame the whole black community?
It's all about percentages. If I had my cars stolen. Local areas trashed by a particular group on a regular basis. Then i would likely blame that group. I've been around a while and have genuinely never meet a decent one. I've never witnessed a site that's clean or even tidy. My local council spent £250.000 of council tax payers money on a building on a local site for cleaning and laundry and the residence trashed it in weeks.

A local woman walked into a site whit her son. Who had just been lamped by them and they hit her.

If you throw enough mud etc.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2018, 07:45 AM   #36
OneExtra
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Bye snowflake.
Exactly that.

Probably lives in a world of money and has no understanding of the 'real' world

Another one who is upset on behalf of someone else
Appreciate 1
      07-03-2018, 07:46 AM   #37
GT_Man
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneExtra View Post
Exactly that.

Probably lives in a world of money and has no understanding of the 'real' world

Another one who is upset on behalf of someone else

Your probably right
Appreciate 1
OneExtra809.50
      07-03-2018, 07:48 AM   #38
OneExtra
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

So that's 45% of all travellers in that area are criminal's, I would say that's high enough to be wary of travellers.
Appreciate 1
Hooded1669.00
      07-03-2018, 07:52 AM   #39
TouringPleb
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

So that's 45% of all travellers in that area are criminal's, I would say that's high enough to be wary of travellers.
I can take you to streets in white areas where 45% of adults have criminal records, possibly even higher than 45.

Beware of the white man.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2018, 07:54 AM   #40
Malone
Captain
Rep
Drives: 340i Touring Shadow Ed. MPPSK

Quote:
Your probably right
You’re.

Grammar - the difference between knowing your shit and knowing you’re shit
Derrymilk190.00
      07-03-2018, 07:57 AM   #41
Malone
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Don’t need an apostrophe in ‘criminals’ in this context.

Grammar police in force - nee naa nee naa nee naa
      07-03-2018, 07:59 AM   #42
Malone
Captain
Rep

Back to the original post - where in the south are you? We just had some work done by Ross at Surrey Roofing Ltd and was really pleased with the work and the price.

I think they’re based around Cobham, but he came at weekends and b/holiday to us in West Sussex.
      07-03-2018, 07:59 AM   #43
Kendo67
Major
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Me - 440i , Dog - Cayenne

Quote:
And believe me, if the police turn up and there's vehicles with no insurance then they will get seized.
Not here they dont , numerous calls have been made to the police regarding vehicles in the area touting for work that have no tax / tests / insurance and there was even a white L200 that came back , when checked, as a black one series that is still seen around occasionally.

They setup "home" next to our work on a couple of occasions and we checked their plates with the MID and DVLA and more than half were on the road illegally but they were allowed to leave the area, eventually, using these vehicles.

Kenny
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2018, 08:35 AM   #44
OneExtra
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I can take you to streets in white areas where 45% of adults have criminal records, possibly even higher than 45.

Beware of the white man.
To be fair mate I am bloody aware of everyone such is the world we live in, but I take your point
Appreciate 0