F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > CEL Code CDB309 any help?
Extreme Powerhouse

09-17-2021, 05:04 PM   #1
Mr_ymb
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yas marina blue bimmer

Hi guys,

I have a 2016 Bmw f30 340i (b58) with 30k. Car is FBO with MHD stage 2 and XHP stage 3 (for about a year now)

I just did a full respray in Marina Bay Blue, while the car was at the shop it died from sitting and they changed the battery now I have a CEL CDB309. Battery is from Bmw and was registered. The shop tried erasing the code but it comes back on. CEL and battery dying happened around the same time. Im thinking i might need to reflash MHD to solve my problem but not sure. Shop also did my brake pads, Bilstein shocks and HR springs in case it matters.

"CDB309 No message (status climate air distribution, driver's side, 0x2E6), receiver DME transmitter air conditioning control unit"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2021, 05:40 PM   #2
G.Newt
Major
Rep
Drives: CT4-V Blackwing 6MT

I've had that code for years. No issues. My climate control/AC works great. I've never gotten that code when my battery died.
DAW v2.5 turbo E40 | Dorch S2 | VRSF DP | MST intake | AWE catback | 335is clutch | CSF heat exchanger | RK Autowerks intake manifold | Orange M Perf Brake Kit | KW Street Comfort coilovers | GTS taillights V2
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2021, 09:36 PM   #3
Mr_ymb
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yas marina blue bimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Newt View Post
I've had that code for years. No issues. My climate control/AC works great. I've never gotten that code when my battery died.
Thank you for the reply! Glad its nothing serious. Just annoying having a CEL on the dash... once I get the car back im going to try to reflash the tune wondering if that will take it away👍🏼👍🏼.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2022, 02:43 PM   #4
WookyMonster
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_ymb View Post
Thank you for the reply! Glad its nothing serious. Just annoying having a CEL on the dash... once I get the car back im going to try to reflash the tune wondering if that will take it away👍🏼👍🏼.
Did you ever get this fixed? I'm in almost the exact same situation. My car sat for about 3 months waiting to be fixed from being rear ended. When I finally got it back, it said the battery was discharged and now this CEL keeps coming back no matter how many times I clear it. I'm flashed with Bootmod3. Have to get my plates renewed in April so I need that CEL off...
Appreciate 0