F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Cellink B/Neo Dashcam Install
GetBMWParts

07-14-2018, 11:59 PM   #1
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Cellink B/Neo Dashcam Install

Purchased a Cellink Neo for a Blackvue I am installing.

Much to my surprise, when unit arrived, there is no easy way to mount.

It appears most are installing in the rear beside the fuse box. How are you securing to keep it from sliding around?

Pics would be nice.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2018, 09:52 AM   #2
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
I have the Cellink B and put mine in the trunk under-storage compartment next to the fuse box compartment. Mine came with hook and loop tape (hook side), which grabs the liner material of the compartment just fine if the unit is laid with the largest side down. It won't secure well if you try to stand it up like a book on a shelf with just the hook tape.
Appreciate 1
IK6SPEED4486.00
      07-15-2018, 10:56 AM   #3
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post
I have the Cellink B and put mine in the trunk under-storage compartment next to the fuse box compartment. Mine came with hook and loop tape (hook side), which grabs the liner material of the compartment just fine if the unit is laid with the largest side down. It won't secure well if you try to stand it up like a book on a shelf with just the hook tape.
The Cellink Neo has a pair of 2” Velcro strips if that is what you are referring to.

I just cannot imagine that to be enough to secure this long term, especially as it has to get very toasty in that cramped confined area in the trunk during the Summer

Perhaps not in Canada where they are made but much further South at least.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2018, 11:07 AM   #4
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
The Cellink Neo has a pair of 2” Velcro strips if that is what you are referring to.

I just cannot imagine that to be enough to secure this long term, especially as it has to get very toasty in that cramped confined area in the trunk during the Summer

Perhaps not in Canada where they are made but much further South at least.
Yes, those velcro strips (hook and loop is the generic term). With the unit laying flat against the ground, those velcro strip will hold the unit sufficiently. I'm in your area and the car has been in multiple 100F+ days, plenty of track days, and the unit holds fine.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2018, 12:04 PM   #5
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
There wasn't any room to mount my Cellink Neo in the trunk fusebox area due to all the electronics there

I mounted mine in the divided storage area under the trunk floor.

On left side of divided compartment I keep my Tire Mobility kit (it pretty much fills that area LxW, but there is lot of room on top)

I cut a pc of 1/4" plastic I had laying around to fit LxW of that area of the storage compartment, fastened the Neo to the plastic using the supplied velcro fasteners, & just layed the whole thing on top of the Mobility kit

Every now & then I check the temp/battery level using BT and it has never been a problem...

When I asked tech @ BlackBoxMyCar he stated that's where they normally mount them
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 1
IK6SPEED4486.00
      07-15-2018, 01:10 PM   #6
Arthurrs
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 430i xdrive Gran Coupe

I fabricated some custom aluminum brackets out of 1/16"x 1" stock, and screwed it to the underside of the rear upper deck inside the trunk. You don't see it unless you look purposely underneath. I'll see if I can find some pics to post.

Edit: Here's a pic of my installation. I bent the brackets myself in my vise, left a bit of room for some weatherstripping glued to the inside of the brackets to cushion the battery, secured it with some stainless steel screws.

Oh and those hooks are from Audi, got them from ECS Tuning. https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...y5898615b41kt/
Name:  IMG_4217.jpg
Views: 610
Size:  127.8 KB

Last edited by Arthurrs; 07-15-2018 at 07:12 PM..
Appreciate 1
IK6SPEED4486.00