F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > First time BMW owner - F31 330d M-Sport review
Studio RSR

11-19-2013, 05:06 PM   #23
movietub
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 330d M-Sport Touring, Black.

Sorry guys, forgot all about this thread!

In response to mpg...

I'm a very bad example as I drive across back roads every day and I'm the sort of driver that names each corner and challenges myself to get round a tiny bit faster each day (they're quiet back roads and life has to be fun sometimes!).

Driven in this way (18k from first set of rears) I average 33mpg. But I can't stress enough that I do push the car and have a track background. 33mpg in a car with this weight/power, driven in this way is really very good indeed.

Specifically in response to Nmidia, and anyone else wondering, if you set the cruise control to 60 (probably actually doing more like 56-58 as speedos are optimistic) the car will definately average 50+ mpg.

The truth however, is that no one would choose the 330d over the 320 if they were so focussed on fuel economy that their right foot wouldn't become restless on a 70 mile commute. If your convinced you can resist then you will certainly average 50, although if you really can resist it, buy the 320 and do 60mpg!!

All in all though most drivers will find they can have a lot of fun and still return 40+ mpg without feeling they have to make an effort. It's a 260hp car, in the real world, that's really as good as it gets unless you go hybrid. And as things stand overall hybrid isn't any cheaper really as the initial cost will offset any mpg.

In summary; I still say this car is unbeatable if you factor in speed, economy and price for a car of its class.

Except... Now it's not because the 335d is out and about. Which remarkably, hits 0-62 in the same time as an Audi R8 v8. How times change.
Appreciate 0