F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Need lots of help/advice
proTUNING Freaks

09-20-2020, 10:28 PM   #1
Ty12333
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Need lots of help/advice

Hola, looking to do some serious upgrades. I have a 2013 328i. The thing came with essentially nothing upgraded. Read a ton of posts, but still pretty lost... Looking to upgrade HU to add Nav/EBT. There is no combox... Can provide any additional info to help answer below questions. Not sure how to tell what system I currently have and if this stuff will be compatible...

Looking to install combox, is this what I'm looking for:

https://parts.bmwnorthwest.com/p/BMW...102447927.html

Head units, any suggestions/what gives me the best bang for my buck. Was looking at below, but also kind of wanted touch screen.
https://www.codemybimmer.ca/product/...15-f3x-models/

Will I need to swap out my controller as well?

Thanks for the help!
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2020, 08:34 PM   #2
sick_guy
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i

Garage List
2013 BMW 328i  [0.00]
I have a 2013 328i as well and I actually did the codemybimmer id6 retrofit. I definitely would recommend that because it completely changes your driving experience by having the new interface and all of its features.
As far as the combox goes I don't know how the install for it works and it doesn't seem to be plug n play. Probably has a lot of wiring and coding necessary.
I did not change my idrive controller and it works, but the buttons for audio and telephone take me to different menu options instead of what they're marked as. The menu, options and back button still work properly though. The controller doesn't really bother me because I set the numbers to go where I want it to go and I use the menu button most of the time anyways. I still plan on upgrading the idrive controller in the future to a touch controller, but it is at the bottom of my list since it will be mainly cosmetic as I do not really use the buttons.
Appreciate 0